Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night
All four of the hard drives in my WHS started failing simultaneously. I don't think I've lost any data yet due to folder duplication, but there's no way this is just a coincidence. What could have possibly happened to my WHS?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

JnnyThndrs posted:

Sounds like hardware to me - are the drives defintely bad, or is WHS just saying they're failing? You could have a disk controller making GBS threads the bed. Also, a hosed-up power supply can be REALLY hard on disk drives.
WHS is reporting bad sectors and CRC errors on random files even after I replaced the system drive/reinstalled, and the drives all fail their manufacturer's diagnostics (SeaTools/Data Lifeguard). I don't think it's a controller issue since two of the drives are running off the mobo and two are running off of a PCI card. Fortunately 3/4 drives are still under warranty, and I was able pick up a Seagate 2TB drive this weekend for ~$90.

I'm guessing there's no simple way of testing a power supply?

Stutes fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 13, 2010

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

redeyes posted:

I don't think the trial can be activated to the full version.

I ran into this issue as well, he'll need to get a copy of the actual retail disc in order for it to activate.

• Locked thread