Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn
This series is amazing and he is getting better at writing with each book in my opinion. He's also writing at a good pace, so we can expect a lot of awesome books from him over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn
I love how the books are self aware and turn a lot of the fantasy tropes on their heads, such as Bayaz not at all being who he seems, if you go in thinking of him as the typical old wizard who guides the "heroes".

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn

Mr.48 posted:

Well hes a right oval office to his characters :colbert:

Just finished the First Law trilogy and holy crap, if you think Martin is too much of a dick to his characters you aint seen nothing yet.

You haven't seen anything yet. Get out of this thread and read Best Served Cold. :colbert:

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn
Yeah. Totally. I love how she doesn't give a gently caress though, and I'd never bring it up with her.

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn
That formula only lasts in BSC for I dunno, the first half? That's the point, she has a list of people.

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn

Evfedu posted:

Bloody Nine vs Fenris, best fight scene in anything ever?

Yup, that's why I love this brutal style of writing, it makes that scene so tense because you know anything could happen, the characters aren't protected by what seems like divine intervention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Marsh
May 5, 2007

by T. Finn
Glokta was a good guy too, a hero, he was just totally hosed over in his service, and then reviled for it.