Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Financial Panther
Sep 22, 2007

woo woo woo

TShields posted:

Its an awesome fantasy concept though- that those around massive magical events can experience some repercussions. As much as I like the character, what happened made sense in the world context.

ALSO:

Look at this fat skinny, ugly handsome motherfucker right here:

Click here for the full 800x1067 image.

Geez, if you go on his website, he's pushing some internet poll to get votes for his books! (Everyone go vote for him! http://www.joeabercrombie.com/news/)

That Absolute fucker genius! His book is promised for next year and he hasn't even given us an update this week! FINISH THE BOOK, JOE! (You know, at your own pace.. You've already worked so hard lately, wouldn't want you to overdo it.)

I swear this guy is the Anti-GRRM..

Oh my god.. Joe Abercrobie is... Hot... :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: It's SO refreshing to say that after seeing GRRM's greasy mug all over the drat place.

Not really much else to add right now, but I really love this series. No other, not even Ice and Fire has made me yell 'Oh no!' and 'Holy poo poo! out loud as much as this one has.

I really love his style of writing too. I was laughing all the way through the Ferro/Logen sex scene .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Financial Panther
Sep 22, 2007

woo woo woo
Ray Stevenson as someone. Anyone.

Financial Panther
Sep 22, 2007

woo woo woo

Zasze posted:

^
is what i pictured bayaz as unconsciously

I was kinda iffy throughout the blade itself until i got to Logan straight up murdering all those practicals. i mean the book wasnt bad it just hadnt grabbed me until that point, it's probally one of the better fantasy fight scenes ive ever read.

It really can't be repeated enough that Joe Abercrombie can write one HELLUVA fight scene.