Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Yeah, read BSC first because the events of 'the heroes' are directly after BSC chronologically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

He went into bloody nine mode and then faded out of it into logen. Just like how he did it in 'The Blade Itself'.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

It's the bloody nine I tell you, there's none bloodier.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Kellanved posted:

My memory is a bit vague on this, but Tolomei and Yulwei got locked in the house of the Maker at the end of the first trilogy , right?

Yeah, and Tolomei is ever so slightly angry

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Styria is most certainly the warring city states of renaissance Italy.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Well, I think Logen's reaction to arriving in Adua was awesome, how this venerable, experienced hard motherfucker he was just completely floored by the scale and spectacle of the place.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I know it's very unlikely, but I would love to see a Gorst/Bloody 9 showdown.

The first law bloody nine would clean the gently caress up, seriously, he's the embodiment of death itself.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Read them in order, you'll be spoiled of the endings of the main characters in the original trilogy if you don't.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Rurik posted:

Cosca AND the B9! I wonder how that plays out.

With great humour, then much blood.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

Sjonkel posted:

Just finished Best Served Cold. All in all it was a good read. I don't think the characters were as interesting or varied as in the First Law trilogy, and I really feel characters in Abercrombies strongest point. However, the prose was better I thought, and there was quite a bit of experimentation throughout the book. Especially the second half, he seemed to try some new things, like ending a paragraph with someone saying something, and then immediately starting the next paragraph with another person saying the same thing in a different setting. Also, there was a scene that was very well done, where Abercrombie tricks the reader as to which characters are interacting, which reminded me of when the police knocks on the door to the serial killer in The Silence of the Lambs.

Small question about one of the characters:
Was Shenkt in The First Law? A few years since I read the books, can't remember if he was there. If so, who was it, and what is he now?

Ending spoiler:
And for once it was nice that an Abercrombie book with a semi "happy" ending! Styria turned out to be a pretty interesting setting, hopefully he write more about it later

No, he wasn't in the first law.

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

TheWorldIsSquare posted:

You knew it's a hosed up world where an assassin Rain Man who wants to go back to jail is the straight man.

I loving loved Friendly, he just wants to chill in his routine and roll his dice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Crustacean
May 13, 2009

one (1) robosexual

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

hoooley poo poo.

Yeah, that is absolutely Logen.