Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

red19fire posted:

Do any of you use Nikon D810's for video? I'm upgrading my cameras in the next couple of months, and I think I'm going to dip my toe into video by shooting a bit of video for promos and 30 second clips on youtube or whatever.

I was pretty happy with my D810's video when I got the camera, but I recently got an Atomos Ninja Blade to pull uncompressed video off the camera's HDMI port and I'm even more impressed with the results. This random cat footage started out as a flat picture control file with a little extra sharpening in camera before it went out to the Ninja, and I think it graded beautifully in Final Cut Pro (for what it is).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoNY8TDU-0k

After using the Blade's focus peaking and scopes, the D810 on its own feels sort of lacking as a video camera. At least the Blade isn't that expensive an add-on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread