Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

What else are you going to do without continuous video AF anyway? Even that's still pretty unreliable.
And even with a fixed rig you're still limited to movement along the focus plane (or within the depth of field).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Twenties Superstar posted:

:siren: if you are shooting video you should probably be shooting with manual focus anyway :siren:
This was kinda my point, friend!

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Bojanglesworth posted:

I hope you are joking. I woulda pegged him as more of a, "half an associates" type of guy.
hello

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Shmoogy posted:

Is there any external microphone (3.5mm? Wireless?) that would work well at picking up a professor speaking without lots of reverb from the speakers, and potentially be discreet. Because it would be serving double duty for me, price isn't that big of an issue (to a point)
Couldn't you get a feed from the audio system?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Yeehaw McKickass posted:

edit: Also, Canon snob here, but Nikon really isn't competing in the video arena at this point. Especially at the Rebel's price point.
D3100 would like a word in his office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

ease posted:

Can't you do that with any body?
M4/3 has very short registration distance (mount to film plane) so lots of old glass (including rangefinder lenses) can be adapted easily and without glass.

• Locked thread