Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

This seems really drat cool. Where would you get a little screen like that though? I checked around out of curiosity, but apparently I don't know what they are called or something because I couldn't find anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Goose42 posted:

Figured I share this - friends and I have a group that competes in film contests (48 hour film challenges/ video commercials) and shot this "homage" to the SNL opening for a party we threw for all our supporters.

Was shot with Canon 7D at night, at an ISO of 3200 using the Canon EFS 18-135(i think - it was awhile ago) and no other lighting other than what was on the street/in the interiors of the places.

This is really well done. As a life long SNL fan (except for a bunch of years there when it was terrible), I approve.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I have found that an external mic is the only way to go. I use this one on my 7D/5DII, it works great and cancels out focus/image stabilization noise. It also comes with a "dead kitten" muff that kills wind noise in even the most extreme conditions. Even the slightly cheaper mics are a gigantic improvement over the on board mic.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

Viper_3000 posted:

I shot this for a friend on his 7D a few weekends ago. I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to pull focus in daylight with that tiny rear end screen. Next time when I get more than a few hours notice I'll look into renting one of those eyepieces and an actual shoulder rig. I'm still happy how it turned out though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ-XNZKlxb4

I love the Pete and Pete references. Well done.

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

The waves at york beach were supposed to be epic today so I took the 5DII and my 70-200mm 2.8 out for a bit of a test. I'm not completely satisfied with how it came out. It's a little too shaky and it's feels kind of colorless, but I learned a lot and I'm hoping to shoot more video soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooten
Oct 4, 2004

I'm really pretty new to video, but I spent most of yesterday putting this together. There's a few minor things that still annoy me about it, but over all it came out how I planned, which is way more than I can say about most projects that I start.

• Locked thread