Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Nucleic Acids posted:

Wa27, when you do get back in town, I'd love to get one of "TWWWIIIIXXXXX!"

Yeah, you really can tell what's showing on TBS.

Elaine: What was that?

Puddy: There's a mental hospital right by here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

TMMadman posted:

"Who is this?" will indeed never get old and I really hope I get to use it naturally one day.

However, in the .gif that was posted, Jerry is clearly saying 'Uncle Leo?' which just sets George off even more than a "Who is this?"
I know that. I use "Who is this?" as shorthand for any time the characters get up to some phone hijinx at someone else's expense. Happens 4 or 5 times throughout the series.

Jerry: "UNCLE LEO!?"
Elaine: "Oh, that's nice."

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monsignor Martinez posted:

I know that. I use "Who is this?" as shorthand for any time the characters get up to some phone hijinx at someone else's expense. Happens 4 or 5 times throughout the series.

Jerry: "UNCLE LEO!?"
Elaine: "Oh, that's nice."

Heh, I was watching 'The Dealership' today and got a kick out of Elaine using 'Who is this?' on Jerry.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Evil Agita posted:

Anybody have a link handy to the interview of the woman who played George's mom from a few years back? She was complaining about how she wasn't asked to be a regular cast member on King of Queens, and she wanted to play the role of Jerry Stillers wife again but he took the job without her.

I'm trying to figure out if she was joking or seriously mad at Jerry Stiller.

If she is mad about that, she can take solace in knowing that she got to take part in the Toy Story franchise and Jerry Stiller didn't.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Humbly requesting a .gif of Kramer and Newman making sausage and dancing around in Jerry's apartment.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

The Human Cow posted:

Humbly requesting a .gif of Kramer and Newman making sausage and dancing around in Jerry's apartment.

No idea who made it, but I do have something close to it.

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
KKKramer .gifs

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Karl Rove posted:

KKKramer .gifs

"Can we get ice cream after? Please? PLEASEEEEEEE?!"

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
We're all at the same skill level!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

In honor of George Steinbrenner's passing, here's a compilation of the times he was "on" Seinfeld.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLAa-kxM8lE

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
EDIT: Goddamnit ^^^^

Big Stein shouldn't have eaten all these calzones!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Holy poo poo. I read that and thought "Steinbrenner died? Must've missed that... when was that (checks wikipedia)... today? Whoa!"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

So here's real Steinbrenner scenes that never made the final cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=A8FUgN4xYoc&feature=related

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.

Daughter posted:

Id like a gif from the Festivus episode. When the bookie Charlie says "Im a man" all creepy like.

"You make a lot of man friends. You know who's a man? Charlie here, he's a man. You know who else is a man? Me, I'm a man."

Makes me laugh every time.

Elaine: "Hey how did my horse do?"
Bookie: "He had to be shot."

Love that delivery.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I set this as my daily update on FB, and not many of my friends got it.

Jerry, It's Frank Costanza, George is here, Mr. Steinbrenner is dead. Call me back.

If I had the time I'd like to edit the audio on that message to play back like that, maybe when I get off of work today.

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

Vertical Lime posted:

So here's real Steinbrenner scenes that never made the final cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=A8FUgN4xYoc&feature=related
:psyduck: Holy crap I never knew this existed. :laffo: at Elaine becoming Steinbrenner when they switched sides at the table.

R.I.P. Big Stein.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

mints posted:

I set this as my daily update on FB, and not many of my friends got it.

Jerry, It's Frank Costanza, George is here, Mr. Steinbrenner is dead. Call me back.

If I had the time I'd like to edit the audio on that message to play back like that, maybe when I get off of work today.

This is fantastic.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Woah, on The Abstinence, Jeter is on there with George showing him how to swing. :lol: never caught that.

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

@leducviolet posted:

George Steinbrenner's last request was to be buried with all his slaves in a giant pyramid overlooking the East River #randallsislandpyramid

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

How the hell can Steinbrenner be dead?

I guess he's in heaven firing Billy Martin now :shobon:

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

TMMadman posted:

"Who is this?" will indeed never get old and I really hope I get to use it naturally one day.

I did this at work a while back, when my coworker decided to be a smart rear end and called me to tell me how stupid I was (while my manager was explaining something to me - he's a Seinfeld fan too). It was awesome.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Was that Kyle Gass outside the diner when Kramer had to go smoke outside? It was on TBS so one of you should know.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I'm watching The Visa and I can never stop cracking up at Kramer's story about what happened at his fantasy baseball camp. Where he had to intimidate on the mound and plunk the batter and he ended up punching Mickey Mantle.

"I looked down and WHOAH man it's Mickey!"

"Mickey Mickey what have you done to Mickey you killed Mickey!"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm watching The Visa and I can never stop cracking up at Kramer's story about what happened at his fantasy baseball camp. Where he had to intimidate on the mound and plunk the batter and he ended up punching Mickey Mantle.

"I looked down and WHOAH man it's Mickey!"

"Mickey Mickey what have you done to Mickey you killed Mickey!"

Pfft, Kramer going to a fantasy camp. Kramers whole life is fantasy camp. People should pay two thousand dollars to live like Kramer for a week. Do nothing, fall rear end-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbours, and have sex without dating. That's a fantasy camp.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Agita posted:

Was that Kyle Gass outside the diner when Kramer had to go smoke outside? It was on TBS so one of you should know.

According to IMDb, it is indeed Kyle Gass.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pfft, Kramer going to a fantasy camp. Kramers whole life is fantasy camp. People should pay two thousand dollars to live like Kramer for a week. Do nothing, fall rear end-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbours, and have sex without dating. That's a fantasy camp.

My theory as to why Kramer is well-off is because he's a trust fund baby. That would also explain why he's so eccentric.

My buddy thinks that one of Kramer's crazy inventions paid off big time at some point before the show started.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

stratdax posted:

My theory as to why Kramer is well-off is because he's a trust fund baby. That would also explain why he's so eccentric.

My buddy thinks that one of Kramer's crazy inventions paid off big time at some point before the show started.

The periscope for your car would've made him billions alone I bet.

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.

stratdax posted:

That's what happened to real-life Kramer, though I can't exactly remember what invention it was. It was more like some little stupid souvenir thing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
AHAH one of my most favorite lines in the series is in The Airport when Jerry and Elaine are in the airplane. Elane is going through coach hell desperately trying to get a meal while Jerry is being pampered in first class.

"More anything?"
"More everything!"

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

stratdax posted:

Well his father was a deadbeat and his mother was a cleaning woman, so no. It's just the essence of Cosmo that keeps him afloat.

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh
Speaking of the "real" Kramer, I emailed him once and asked him if I could buy him a beer when I was in NY. He responded that he was out of town, but he'd love to meet up next time when he was in town. I sent the email as a sort of joke, and didn't expect a reply, but he wrote like a whole paragragh, and was really nice.

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
^^^^ Woah, real Kramer sounds loving rad.

I like how they talk about him in the interviews, like when LD went to him and asked if he could write him into the show.
The whole real life mythos surrounding the beginnings of this show are just so incredibly meta. Jerry essentially playing himself, Michael Richards playing a real life guy that most likely did most of the things that appeared on the show (that in itself is :psyduck:), and Jason Alexander playing living the embodiment of Larry David.

It's breaking the 4th wall by even existing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wow, just reading up on real life Kramer, his own "Kramer Reality Tours" were apparently the inspiration for the "Real J. Peterman Reality Tour" episode of Seinfeld. That's amazing.

Also his whole thing about wanting to manage a karate fighter because he thought karate was going to be the next "pro-wrestling" seems like such a Kramer thing to do.

All Pig Be Slay
Mar 26, 2002

Speaking of mothers, let me give that oatmeal some brown sugar.

Thenipwax posted:

Speaking of the "real" Kramer, I emailed him once and asked him if I could buy him a beer when I was in NY. He responded that he was out of town, but he'd love to meet up next time when he was in town. I sent the email as a sort of joke, and didn't expect a reply, but he wrote like a whole paragragh, and was really nice.

wtf, how did you get his email address?

This is awesome.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

stratdax posted:

the real Kramer lived of the money from his one successful invention.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What was his one successful invention?

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I had no idea there was even a Real Kramer, so this is making my day!

edit: Here's his website: http://www.kennykramer.com/
He's the "master of this domain". hahaha

It's got his email on there too.

stratdax fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 15, 2010

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Is there a gif of George and Elaine freaking out in the kitchen right after Seinfeld swears out the kid in The Fat-Free Yogurt? And if there isn't, can someone make one? Because that's an incredible moment.

William Pahllace
Dec 22, 2009

Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings.
"Real" Kramer has GOT to be a Goon. Just look at that guy, TCC regular for sure.

And I would really like to know what his invention that set him for life was too.

William Pahllace fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

William Pahllace posted:

And I would really like to know what his invention that set him for life was too.

from his site:

quote:

During the disco years Kenny created an electronic jewelry item that sold so well that Kramer was able to live comfortably long after disco died.

Is it true? :iiam:

It also says he was on Judge Judy.