Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So I'm still working my way through all the seasons, and I'm at season 8 right now. I just saw the episode "The Bizarro Jerry".

That may be one of my most favorite episodes of the show. I especially liked the dedication of building an entire mirrored version of Jerry's apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

spanky the dolphin posted:

I don't believe it. A Seinfeld episode unseen by my eyes. How on earth.

It's from season two, "The Baby Shower".

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY LITTLE CABLE BOY?!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

spanky the dolphin posted:

I don't believe it. A Seinfeld episode unseen by my eyes. How on earth.

This is exactly how I felt the other day when I saw the one where Jerry's penis was playing Jerry's brain in a game of chess. I couldn't believe they were able to dress him up in that penis getup so long ago

EDIT: this totally sounds like I'm describing a fake episode

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

ChickenMedium posted:

That from the "What have you done to my cable boy!" scene where Jerry is freaking out about stealing cable. First season, I believe.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r76k8uB3p98

Oh my god, the passenger next to Jerry on the plane is Earl Milford. You can always tell a Milford man.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Huh, I just realized that the guy George sees in accounting in The Bottle Deposit

is the same actor who plays the blind guy in Curb Your Enthusiasm

Why this is at all interesting I do not know.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!
I've recently been watching Twin Peaks, because I've been obsessed with David Lynch. In the second season, there's a guy who sells this couple a device to help handicapped people out of bed, and as I looked at him more I realized it was the guy who played Mr. Pitt! :aaa:

DMST
Jul 11, 2006
Our Man in Havana.

octothorpopus posted:

I've recently been watching Twin Peaks, because I've been obsessed with David Lynch. In the second season, there's a guy who sells this couple a device to help handicapped people out of bed, and as I looked at him more I realized it was the guy who played Mr. Pitt! :aaa:

Yeah it took me forever to realize that Susan's parents are in it as well. The father is Doc Hayward, and the mother is also Laura's mother. I've seen both series multiple times, but it was only recently when I actually made the connection.

Leovinus
Apr 28, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

explosivo posted:

Huh, I just realized that the guy George sees in accounting in The Bottle Deposit

is the same actor who plays the blind guy in Curb Your Enthusiasm

Why this is at all interesting I do not know.

Man, is that Noel from Frasier?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Oh my god, the passenger next to Jerry on the plane is Earl Milford. You can always tell a Milford man.

Same dude was also in Weeds as one of Mary-Kate Olsen's regular weed customers. Guess he got moved to a better home after GOB helped him escape.

octothorpopus
Jan 22, 2010

JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!

DMST posted:

Yeah it took me forever to realize that Susan's parents are in it as well. The father is Doc Hayward, and the mother is also Laura's mother. I've seen both series multiple times, but it was only recently when I actually made the connection.

I didn't make those connections at all yet! Totally gonna watch out for them.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Macaluso posted:

So I'm still working my way through all the seasons, and I'm at season 8 right now. I just saw the episode "The Bizarro Jerry".

That may be one of my most favorite episodes of the show. I especially liked the dedication of building an entire mirrored version of Jerry's apartment.

Yes this is when some would have you believe the show had gone downhill. Imagine a scoff so loud it breaks windows.

Yanni Estacado
May 3, 2007

by T. Mascis
Well my main criterion for enjoying a sitcom is realism, you see

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
How the gently caress do people dislike The Summer of George? I maintain that no true fan of Seinfeld actually dislikes Seasons 8&9.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Saw a black and white cookie today. Started cracking up thinking of the looks Jerry and the black dude exchange while munching away

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

octothorpopus posted:

Izzy Mandelbaum is Lloyd Bridges - didn't have any idea.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

bows1 posted:

Saw a black and white cookie today. Started cracking up thinking of the looks Jerry and the black dude exchange while munching away

I work in a grocery store, and someone bought a big package of black and white cookies, and I immediately thought of Seinfeld.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Yes this is when some would have you believe the show had gone downhill. Imagine a scoff so loud it breaks windows.

Those people can shut up :mad:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Who are all the friends Kramer had that were never actually seen on screen? Bob Saccamano, Lomez and who else?

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Who are all the friends Kramer had that were never actually seen on screen? Bob Saccamano, Lomez and who else?

Corky Ramirez

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Kevyn posted:

Corky Ramirez

Who we know enjoys a good game of Pachinko!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Did we ever see his ultimate friend, Bob Sacamano?

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I don't think we ever did.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The closest anyone got to seeing Bob Sacamano was Jerry talking to him on the phone.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Tiny Fistpump posted:

This is such a totally unfounded claim. I haven't met a Seinfeld fan who thought Seasons 8-9 were worse than Seasons 1-2.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

HateTheInternet posted:

This is such a totally unfounded claim. I haven't met a Seinfeld fan who thought Seasons 8-9 were worse than Seasons 1-2.
It's not unfounded, it became status quo for joe blow lunchbox to write off the later seasons that they weren't even watching, particularly around the time of the finale and the aftermath.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

stratdax posted:

Izzy Mandelbaum is Lloyd Bridges - didn't have any idea.

Lloyd Bridges is awesome and Seinfeld was one of the last things he did in his life.

I think he has the longest listing I have ever seen on IMDb. Lloyd Bridges has 216 entries as an actor! :monocle:

Although about 20-30 of them are (uncredited) stuff from his early career, but they did credits different then and some of it would be credited if it was made in today's era.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

"It's go time!"

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

"Is this a gym or some kind of fitness museum?"

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
"Here comes the pain train."

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Mandelbaum
Mandelbaum
Mandelbaum

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

"You know the rules: you lag, you drag."

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

El Negocio posted:

Mandelbaum
Mandelbaum
Mandelbaum

YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ME?!

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
"Maybe you'd like to try taking on someone your own age!"

"You got any kids?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
"Why didn't anyone tell me it was bolted to the dresser?"

"I still thought you could lift it!"

"Me too!"

Also...

I think he's going to make me box a kangaroo!

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
"So... it's just empty calories and male curiosity, eh, Georgie?"

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Monsignor Martinez posted:

It's not unfounded, it became status quo for joe blow lunchbox to write off the later seasons that they weren't even watching, particularly around the time of the finale and the aftermath.

Yeah it's one of those things people parrot so they sound in the know, like how the Beatles just made generic pop until they started doing drugs and got good.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Kramer: Little Jerry won his cockfight

George: What?

Kramer: Who??

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Relayer posted:

Kramer: Little Jerry won his cockfight

George: What?

Kramer: Who??

Little Jerry ran from here to Newman's in under 30 seconds!

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

DrBouvenstein posted:

Little Jerry ran from here to Newman's in under 30 seconds!

Is that good?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I laugh every time I see the end of Home Alone because I remember the episode where George cried during it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer
The old man got to me. :(