Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

That is a bit of a continuity error in the Seinfeld Universe. There was an episode of Mad About You where Jamie found out that Paul had kept the lease on his old apartment and was subletting it. The subletter was Kramer in his Seinfeld apartment.

That was literally the only time I ever saw Mad About You. Quite fortuitous to see the episode with Kramer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

The brief shot of him eating his black and white cookie and doing a slight nod to the black guy eating the black and white cookie...that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Yeah, that's one of my favorite easily-missed moments.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

This scene, where Elaine goes into Crazy Joe Davola's apartment is really creepy. I remember watching this episode as a kid and being freaked out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uov9d-nqyFY

It's like something right out of Silence of the Lambs. The audience laughter just makes it more surreal and uncomfortable.

Something about the early seasons are already unsettling to begin with.

got dat wmd posted:

Larry Charles is loving psychotic and every episode he did had weirdness, taboo or violence in it.

I was going to say, Larry Charles must've written that episode.

That episode he wrote but they never made sounded stupid.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Idran posted:

I never heard about this. What was the idea behind that one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seinfeld_%28season_2%29#.22The_Bet.22

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
My uncle's gay?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Yeah, I was trying to figure out the uncle thing, but the moment I read this, I could clearly recall the exact line and the exact way George said it, "My father's gay!" with that BFD tone of voice of his.

Thus my post. What a weird misquote (unless it's legit but very obscure).

Remember when Kramer lost the contest? "I'm done!"

Sorry, I'm not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, so I'll shut up.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

IMB posted:

How has no one mentioned "The Keys?"

Clint Howard: OH ANN LANDERS SUCKS!

And Jerry and George's dance: "Cause the murderer struck again, hey!" *grieving widow walks by*

I know that character's name without even looking it up, that's how much Seinfeld I've watched in my life (Lehigh Nagy).

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Steve Higginson posted:

Then you should know that those quotes are from The Trip, not The Keys.

I don't remember saying they were.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Let me understand, you got the hen, the chicken and the rooster. The rooster goes with the chicken. So, who's having sex with the hen? ...

"Something's missing!"
"Something's missing alright..."

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

got dat wmd posted:

Any opinions on worst episodes?

I would say the backwards episode is up there (or down there).

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Steve Higginson posted:

Sorry to call you out on this as it is very pedantic. However, what I've bolded is somewhat incorrect. In most every publication house's style guide you'll see that acronyms, such as Zip, Laser, Fifa, Nato, etc. only have the first letter capitalized (being proper nouns) since the abbreviation is pronounced as a word. You would only capitalize every letter with an initialism, where every letter is said such as USA (which is not pronounced Oh-sa).

Sorry for the newspaper geek coming out of me, I'll continue the Seinfeld dissection.

I remember the closest we ever came to meeting any of Kramer's unseen friends (Bob Sacameno, Gomez) was in one late season episode where one of them is in a porto-john with Kramer outside. Anyone remember the episode?

I believe it's Lomez. Counter-pedanted.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Well, I find this capricious and arbitrary!

Your fly's unzipped.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Cane Break posted:

The Pen is one of the best ep's

STELLAAAAAAAA

Uncle Leo is amazing in that episode:

"I thought Johnny was very rude to you. He didn't even let you talk!"
"You should get your cousin Jeffrey to write some material for you. You should read the letters he's written. He's funnier than the whole bunch of you!"

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Lord of Laughton posted:

Jerry: "It was that quip about the pen wasn't it?"
Jack: "Yes it was."

I think it's something like:

"You didn't find the pen remark funny did you?"
"I did not."

I can't remember what Jerry says but Jack definitely says "I did not."

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Femty kroner :eng101:

I guess you have a real... Kroner-comprehension problem :smug:

Femty kroner? How much is that!?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

esperantinc posted:

This is one of the few continuity errors in the series, isn't it? I know that in "The Wife" Kramer says he only takes baths.

Yeah, it's one of the few continuity errors, you know, like when George says he has a brother and Jerry says he has a sister. Unless they oddly just never get mentioned again.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

man hands

Like a creature from Greek mythology.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

McSpanky posted:

What the hell does that mean?

Are you saying... you want a piece of me?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

haljordan posted:

I wonder who punches harder: Susan or Marisa Tomei.

Susan, Marissa threw some short little hook that was all forearm, whereas Susan threw a straight. If I recall correctly.

What does Art Vandelay export?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

This guy is a Commie and he's spreading propaganda!

You didn't realize Communism was a sensitive issue? What do you think has been going on in the world for the past 60 years?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
You have selected... Agent Zero?
You have selected... Brown Eyed Girl?

Why don't you just tell me what movie you want to see!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Corky Ramirez

Presumably, you can see Ramirez in The Van Buren Boys. I've never looked closely though.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

It's based on a simple truth -- depressed George > angry George

This is pretty much true to be honest. Although I did love the James Spader episode.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

haljordan posted:

Yesss the speed dial episode is on TBS right now.

"Poison Control? That's even higher than #1!"

edit: Also, George trying to get fired. "Attention front office morons...your accomplishments are meaningless!"

I fear no reprisal.

Martytoof posted:

So Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighbourhood..

Establish trust -- for 48 years..

And then run off with Jerry's sneakers?

Evidently.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

explosivo posted:

Kramer getting hit in the head at the Yankees game in "The Letter" pretty much never gets old.

I love how he just dives on top of that black dude; best physical comedian ever.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

safety dan posted:

Michael Richards is so intense in real life. When he talks about Kramer on the DVDs, it's like he's talking about when he played Hamlet. He was very serious about his comedy. Jerry, Jason, and Julia would go out for food after every episode wrapped up, but Michael would rarely come. I can see him getting pissed about people breaking character to laugh. In "The Parking Garage" that box that he was carrying had a real air conditioner in it because he wanted to feel the heft. When he put it in the trunk he busted his lip on it but didn't break character. In "The Glasses" he's installing a different air conditioner in Jerry's apartment, and when it falls he rushes over to try to catch it. He bruised his rib during the take you see and still didn't break character. Guy's a pro.

Yeah, and the bag of cement was real in The Revenge.

safety dan posted:

That always stood out to me. What could he be talking about? What is absolute zero the answer to that he just deducted while reading?

I've always loved how it's an epiphany too, like of course, how could I not have thought of that/what else could it have been.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

tbp posted:

One of my absolute favorite moments from this show is in the episode where they get the Chinese food, or at least wait for it.

I die laughing every time that random rear end guy comes in and goes, 'HEY! What stinks in here?' and is welcomed as if he is the owner himself. It's just so utterly bizarre, possible, annoying, and fitting that it makes for great comedy.

Mr. Cohen always here. He work on Park Avenue.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

That cracks me up so loving hard every time. It always surprises me that it didn't get a huge show-stopping laugh. (Actually it probably did and they had to re-shoot it.)

I like how they don't pick up on the fact that she's lying even though it's painfully obvious, both because of how ridiculous it is and what a horrendous liar Elaine is.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Ehud posted:

It has a certain understated stupidity...

The Outlaw Josey Wales!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Relayer posted:

I think I'm falling for you Jerry Seinfeld..

I think I'm falling for you... Joseph Puglia

...Mulva?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

octothorpopus posted:

Not gonna lie, but I would've picked The Merv Griffin Show.

I just love the fact that they drug his girlfriend only to play with her toys.

I remember that Mattel football game they reference, it was pretty fun (at the time).

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
You emit a foul and offensive odor.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I love that purely because his license plate now says assman, he starts dating and being attracted to girls with big asses.

That's because he was the assman all along, he just didn't know it. It's very Twilight Zone.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Actually, something that's always irked me about this episode is how the girlfriend rags on George using a crib sheet (crib hand, in this case) to pull off the move correctly. The dude just made you orgasm, what do you care that he had it written down? God knows that if my girlfriend wanted to look up online better ways to blow me, I wouldn't complain.

Yeah, I've wondered about this for pretty much forever. She even says it's "sick." Really? Really? That's way more prudish than being disgusted by "the contest."

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Your Proud Pal posted:

He pulled the lever on the machine but the Clark Bar didn't come out!

Stop using exclamation points, I hate exclamation points.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

imac1984 posted:

I've been trying to figure out all day with the crotch grab part of that could possibly be

I always assumed he was putting the car in park but that can't be right either.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

WoG posted:

The magic loogie scene alone places The Boyfriend well above The Dog and The Stranded (the indisputable worst eps).

Jerry: Oh, you have the Civil War book.
Elaine: 260 million people died!
Jerry: Thousand!
Elaine: 260 thousand. The hoooorror.

I just love how Elaine thinks 260 million people died in a relatively short war with small-number casualty weaponry.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

wa27 posted:

I love the Chinese Restaurant; it's one of my favorite episodes. It sucks that Kramer wasn't in it, but The Parking Garage pretty much reused the premise and included him, so that made up for it. I think The Parking Garage was a really underrated episode.

I would say it's definitely a top 5, if not the most, underrated episode.

It also has one of my favorite lines that nobody I know seems to think is funny:

George: A guy goes to the bathroom and never comes back. It's like something out of a science fiction story.

I love the defeated way he says it too.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I love when George picked up Portuguese from his cleaning lady and orders "ensalada grande," which would be a big salad, Elaine's favorite dish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
You're all winners!