Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Cheeseball IV posted:

Then shouldn't the bucket be on your head? :confused:

Oh no, you said a mailam I know, you're you're a mailman I know!

Speaking of, Jerry as a mailman was hilarious. Giving mail to a bum,
"Mail on a Sunday?
"Oops!"

and
"Too many people got their mail...80%! No one at the post office has ever broken the 50% mark! It's like the four minute mile!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

haljordan posted:

What about after George finds out Susan's parents are starting a foundation in her name based on what Jerry said during the funeral (which he just ripped off from Wrath of Khan).

And then he gets beat up because he didn't give the scholarship to the kid who then joins the Van Buren Boys.

Edit: Nd speaking of watching it with parents...I was watching the one where Jerry tries to do the roommate switch, and George comes up with the menage a trois. I had to ask my parents what that was cause I was too young to know yet.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Watching this on Youtube now, man, Jason Alexander is just so on top of that character all the time. I love when he talks about George in the third person.

Edit: He's so loving intense, I love it.

Susan was only 32 when she died? Bullshit, that woman was like 40.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

*I think George added this part

No, Marissa likes baldness, he added the stocky part.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

safety dan posted:

Mr. Thomasoulo likes to play dirty. Well, there's nothing dirtier than a giant ball of oil.
(Mr. Thomasoulo picked the wrong man to hire because he was fake handicapped)

"We're testing my bladder system."
"You're going to drink all that oil?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The Infamous Shane posted:

I'm loving how much The Dealership is getting brought up. The short name thing is priceless, as well as this exchange after George can't get the candy bar from the machine due to bad dollar bill:

Jerry:Alright, can I have my dollar back?

George:It's wrinkled..it's worthless *puts in pocket*

Jerry: I think the candy comes out over here!
George: People drop change and their too lazy to pick it up!
Jerry: Either that or they've got a thing about lying face first in a pile of filth.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

It is so hard to pick a single favorite moment in the series, but if you held a gun to my head I might pick this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T35QhLx_KI

That clip makes me realize how ridicerous some of Jerry's shirts were in the first few seasons.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Roflcopter posted:

Part I and II of this episode might be my favorite of all time (though its so loving hard to pick). Between this and the Magic Loogie Theory, that episode was golden

KEITH HERNANDEZ?!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Chicolini posted:

My favorite Elaine moment is when she tells the Priest that she and Puddy are just "havin' a good time."

The Priest and Elaine making Devil's horns and going "Blaaaahhh!!" while Putty has a look of horror on his face (well...as much as Putty can have a look of horror...) slays me.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

safety dan posted:

Before Seinfeld, muffin tops weren't a thing. I could go buy a muffin top at Atlanta Bread Company right now. That's lasting impact. I'll tell you right now the ABC doesn't make them the "right" way, but I hear it's prohibitively difficult to get rid of the stumps.

Tell me about it! I found muffuin tops on sale at Price Chopper a few yars ago and only a couple of my friends knew why i was so excited...but you're right, they bake just the top, when what they really need to do is bake a whole muffin, and "pop" the top.

I mean...if you get some specialty really shallow muffin tins, you'd only be throwing out like 1/4" of crappy stump anyway.

I also always loved the exchange between Elaine and Mr....umm...Mr.Somethingorother from Pendant Publishing
Elaine: And can we get rid of the exclamation point...I mean, it's not "Top of the muffin...TO YOU!!"
Mr.Somethingorother: Yes...it is!

A bit or irony there, since he previously yelled at Elaine when she worked for him for putting in too many exclamation points on her boyfriend's book that she edited.

WescottF1 posted:

According to IMDB she was born in 1966 and was on the show from 1992-97, so they're close enough.

Wow...she looked a lot older. I'm not alone in thinking this, right? I mean...in her first episode, she was only 26?! She already looked 40 by then! Not in a bad way, she didn't look "old," just a lot more mature-looking than 26.

And I'll 2nd/3rd Julia Louis-Dryfus looking good. Maybe it's just me, but she looked much better in the later seasons with the straight hair. She still looks good now in her 50's. Cougar, ahoy!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

HateTheInternet posted:

George is getting upset!

George likes his chicken spicy.

And related to George and food:

Whoa-ho! You are HOT tonight!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

LordOfThePants posted:

Is that right? Has anyone else notice this on TBS?

Today the two episodes they played were the clip shows from season 9, and that line was in there. But that doesn't mean it's not cut for time purposes when that actual episode is played.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Slvbarek posted:

"It's a tiny mint...it's a Junior Mint!"

It's chocolate, it's peppermint...it's delicious! It's very refreshing!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

safety dan posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but in "The Secret Code" George meets Peterman and after Peterman introduces himself as J. Peterman, George touches his jacket and replies "J. Crew". I just don't remember for sure what jacket that was.

I found this funny because before I saw that episode, I assumed J.Peterman was the Seinfeld Universe's fake version of J.Crew...then I found out the J.Peterman catalog (complete with outlandish descriptions as if they were part of some grand adventure of J.Peterman himself) was real! :aaaaa:

(but that actual person J.Peterman is fake...that part they did make up.)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Wyld Cannon posted:

George refusing to take off his timberlands and then later coloring them black for the wedding.

If by later...you mean earlier.

I also loved how they eventually flashed back to Jerry meeting Kramer, and Jerry starting the whole "Kramer comes in and eats all his food thing" by inviting him over to share a pizza.

E the Shaggy posted:

"What are your horses names?"
"Snoopy and Prickly Pete!"

Which reminds me of one of my favorite names for a one-off character...Slippery Pete.

"Oh, we're not friends!"

And I've never seen anyone drink milk and look so sinister doing it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I loved all the fake movies they came up with.

"Sack Lunch" Look at them! How's they get in that sack? Is it a big sack, or did they get shrunk?

"PROGNOSES NEGATIVE!!"

"Cry, Cry Again." You cry, and then you see her dance...and you cry again.

"Rochelle, Rochelle" A young girls' erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

safety dan posted:

Seinfeld lines do not work in real life, at least they haven't so far. :(

You might not know it to look at me, but I can run really, really fast.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

OldSenileGuy posted:

I gotta wonder what that guy's reason was.

Just bought one from Lloyd Braun?

(yeah yeah, I know, Lloyd was crazy and didn't actually sell any.)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Especially when you remember how gawky awesome he was in UHF, as well as Seinfeld.

Yes. Stanley Stadowski is a great character.

"You get to drink from...the FIREHOUSE!!!!"

Edit: His character in Airheads sucked balls, though...but I blame that on the writing, and casting someone who is great as playing wacky, oddball characters as more of a straight man. I mean...Kramer as a business executive? Only if his briefcase is full of crackers!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

If there's room to go in head first, then the spot is most likely big enough for two.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkijphlNSxA here is a funny scene I like.

Holy poo poo, is the jacket Kramer's wearing in that scene the ruined suede jacket Jerry gave him?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Maarak posted:

Has the same number of syllables as "Costanza" :colbert:

Don't you mean Cartwright?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ishamael posted:

You keep thinking "Well, George is a basically good guy", even though he isn't! He is a terrible person who does terrible things, but somehow you still root for him.

Remember...it's not a lie, if you believe it.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Chexoid posted:

The frogger episode was on today, with Jerry's ten hour break-up.

Well I'm sorry! I'm not Brad. I'm ME!
Nice to meet you!

The Lopper!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Stuntman Mike posted:

This is the exact punctutation needed to portray Frank Costanza.

That's perverse!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

regulargonzalez posted:

e: just found it, and the above transcript was as badly butchered as expected. Hilarious scene though:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynmLdLwlgLI

And then she falls for him anyway because she thinks he's dark and brooding.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

So the other day I bought a Red Sox hat, which is odd since I never wear hats. My friend, who knows this, asked why I bought it. I then replied, in my best Patrick Warburton-y voice:

"Gotta support the team."

They didn't get it. :(

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Klaus Kinski posted:

About Jason Alexander, probably been mentioned already but

:psyduck:

DrBouvenstein is gettin' upset!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Okposolypse posted:

Back to Seinfeld, it still amazes me that Newman was a throwaway character originally. I maintain Newman is by far the best secondary character.

VILE WEED!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The Walrus posted:

George may be the king, but I'm the wiz!

Nobody beats me!

(does anyone know why The Wiz wears a crown?)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Ehud posted:

The Wiz is awesome. I remember watching the episode as a kid and recognizing him as Artie from Pete and Pete and being so happy :unsmith:

I'm thinking as going as a Toby Huss mélange for Halloween...switch between Artie and The Wiz!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

got dat wmd posted:

This is also the only time on the show where Jerry's bike is being ridden.

There's also the time where his always naked girlfriend is fixing it up, and he goes,

"Well it's really just for show..."

and then

"Ouch...that is not something you want to get pinched."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Konec Hry posted:

Kramer has also had sex with a lot of women. A LOOOT!!!

I love the George quote when he finds out Kramer is at a fantasy camp.

"Kramer's whole life is a fantasy camp! Don't work, mooch off your neighbor, have sex with beautiful women, and fall rear end-backwards into money! People should pay $3000 to live like him for a week!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Skeesix posted:

You have to try and get an equal amount of black and white in each bite!

The brief shot of him eating his black and white cookie and doing a slight nod to the black guy eating the black and white cookie...that's gold, Jerry! Gold!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

The Human Cow posted:

Fargus! :)

:ohdear: :Elaine!...Can I come?

:j: :Sorry...we've already got a George.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

It's time for the Airing of Grievances.

Krueger; my son tells me your company stinks!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

neoboman posted:

"Something's missing!"
"Something's missing alright..."

That's perverse!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

As I was eating my doughnut this morning, with a knife and fork, natch, I was reminded of Elaine's outburst at New York City having gone mad and using knife and forks for their doughnuts and candy bars.

"Are you insane?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

80k posted:

One of my favorite George moments is in The Cafe (the one about George cheating on an IQ test) and Elaine hands him back the test with food and coffee spilled on it.

George freaks out and asks "how am I going to explain this?!!" And you watch as he gains composure, his GF walks in, he hands it to her and completely pulls off the most ridiculous explanation ever.

Remember: It's not a lie, if you believe it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I hope to one day get engaged, and then break it off, so at the very end of a conversation with my mom i can go "By the way I'm not getting married tell dad, bye."