Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I know it's an obvious thing to say, but Seinfeld thrives in basically taking all those little things that people do but don't talk about because they know it's socially not acceptable, and then having the person that does it fall under social scrutiny.

The fact that you can even take sides on stuff like the eclair incident goes to show just how in tune the writers (Larry David in particular) were with the average middle-class person.

The one that really got me wasn't in an episode I don't think, but from Seinfeld's comedy CD. He mentions how you're in the shower sometimes and you notice a hair stuck to the wall and proceed to gather little pools of water with your hands to throw at it so you don't have to touch it. I thought I was the only one! :monocle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

So I just started watching the whole series in sequence and am up to the middle of Season 7 now. I didn't follow it much when it was prime time but have caught countless reruns throughout the years on late night, not really knowing the chronological context of any of them. There's been a handful that I had never seen, but it's amazing how many aired so early on that are strong, independent episodes. Aside from the progressive fashion, (and Elaine's hair finally looking decent between 6 and 7) I can barely tell the difference between a latter Season 1 episode from the rest of the series; it just goes to show how consistently great the writing was.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

tk posted:

There was also an episode where she wandered into Jerry's apartment carrying around a six-pack. Forget which one.

Ah, I just watched that one. It was The Postponement (7x02). She came in with three Budweisers on a 6-pack ring, chugged one and left with the other two. Maybe she drank the other three on the way back from the store? :iiam:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

^^^ 03x16; The Fix-Up.

efb. It has Janice from Friends in it, kind of a trip.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

And George ends up banging her in the kitchen with one of Kramer's bargain-bin condoms anyway. :huh:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Cellphones have ruined the creative magic of television/movies. I mean just look at all the poo poo Dexter gets when it tries to use them (rightfully so because it's so laughable, but still). No one's going to be willing to suspend belief these days to watch a show without phones. The Yada Yada had a telling line I found funny:

Elaine: What are you talking about? That marriage ended six months ago. She's already remarried.

Jerry: I gotta get on that internet. I'm late on everything!

I just binged through the whole series and there were only a couple of eps I had never seen: Jerry getting stuck watching the old guy's dog, George's risque photo shoot, Kramer going back to work at the bagel place and the Puerto Rican day parade. There might have been a handful more but I was surprised at how many I had seen in only watching reruns intermittently on late night throughout the past decade.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Leyburn posted:

There's an interview on the DVD where Jason says that after the Pen, he told Larry that if he wanted to write him out of the show again, he should do it permanently.

Maybe they could have had George getting so agitated in Kramer picking up Jerry's mail that he completely forgets his important job of coming by twice a day to flush the toilet so that the gaskets don't get dry and leak.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Billy Zane posted:

I only very recently noticed all the triangles in George's apartment.

...and holy poo poo, I never noticed that George had a SNES.

(From 'The Secret Code')

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Definitely Elaine, but then again she's the reason and/or the catalyst for a lot of the more dire situations that Jerry, George and Kramer end up in to begin with.

She belongs in that jail cell far more than the others, anyway.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Whoa...that book behind Susan's head...

quote:

The Burden of Proof, published in 1990, is Scott Turow's second novel, somewhat of a sequel to Presumed Innocent. The Burden of Proof follows the story of defense attorney Sandy Stern in the aftermath of his wife's death, and the growing realization that there is much about his marriage that he has never understood.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Burning the Puerto Rican flag before it was cool :smug:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Relayer posted:

I can't find it, but didn't somebody make a gif of kramer wagging his head back and forth eating that turkey leg from the flash-forward Jerry has of just the two of them still being single in the future?

"Because it's a stupid idea, don't you understand?? Nobody's gonna go for it, it's stupid, it's stupid!!"

*chomp chomp* :downs:

All I see is :shivdurf:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpmZZzSpmlU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I love the George not only knocks over the old lady who is using a walker, but also pushes the clown down even though he wasn't in his way at all.

And that clown went on to direct Iron Man and help produce The Avengers.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

wa27 posted:

Not as much as it should be, and it doesn't rank anywhere near episodes like The Contest, The Soup Nazi, or even The Outing in terms of things that average people remember. I don't think they even included it in the clip show at the end of the series.

My favorite part of that scene is Jerry and George's reaction to "P.S. Love the cabin".

I always crack up at the part right before that:

:byodame: Sarah, what do you have on your wheels?

:geno: Nothing, they're clean.

:byodame: Ricky, did you wipe her wheels off?!

:mad: YEEESSS!

:byodame: Well, they're filthy! It's just a matter of common courtesy...you come in the house, you wipe your wheels!

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

haljordan posted:

She probably was just taking riding lessons in Central Park. Plus, she's probably racked up a fortune in stolen money from George.

*points at extra toast with middle finger*

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

I...I never knew this until now. :psyduck:

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

In my country, they speak of a man so virile, so potent, that to spend a night with such a man is to enter a world of such sensual delights most women dare not dream of. This man is known as the "Comedian". You may tell jokes, Mr. Jerry Seinfeld, but you are no Comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

Chicolini posted:

I love Edmund Fitzgerald's voice.

edit: Does anyone know which episode Elaine cracks open a Budweiser in Jerry's apartment? It's been driving me crazy.

S07E02 - The Postponement

The weird part is she's carrying a bag of groceries too, and 3 of the cans are already gone. :tinfoil: