Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Just watching the DVD documentaries. It's crazy how much the original idea for the show is basically the pilot for Curb Your Enthusiasm. It was originally planned that the show would just be a 90 minute special of Seinfeld wandering around the city getting ideas for material followed by his stand up.

Here's some Larry David and Michael Richards sketches from Fridays:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_LQynFUgDU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvH0KQuuFYw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL9qKQfzi80

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbgS6gjAyx0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsHMKcN3vVw

Larry's come a long way.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jul 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Jerry and George shutting themselves away to work on the Roommate Switch is one of my favorite segment/montages, especially when George leaves in dejection and then bursts back into the apartment in a fit of inspiration.

Apparently the sequence was based on how Jerry and Larry David worked on difficult rewrites.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Angry Midwesterner posted:

Aren't there supposed to be 200 odd episodes of this show? I watched it a lot when it was in syndication on Fox in the late 90s, and it seemed like I only ever caught the same forty or so episodes, obviously all the famous poo poo like Soup Nazi and Bubble Boy and the contest, but am I wrong in thinking there's like a trove that got less exposure (possibly by virtue of being not as good)?

"It's only for three days. Today's over and we have tomorrow. We leave on Sunday. It's one day, really."

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Forget the swirl. The only move you need to do is the Stop Short.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

First ever attempt at making gifs. The Fusilli Jerry.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Cage posted:

This was actually adlibbed by Jason Alexander. So much great stuff that happened on the show were just brilliant comedic flukes or improvisations such as the car breaking down in The Car Park.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Big Salad? Oh that's the thing that Elaine bought for George's girlfriend, right?

I just want you to know. That big Salad that Elaine got you. I paid for it.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

Exactly. George invokes society when he sees somebody getting away with something and thinks, "Dammit! I know I couldn't get away with that!"

George: "I would drape myself in velvet if it were socially acceptable."

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

HateTheInternet posted:

It reminds me of that episode where he had to wear the thick glasses for some reason. What episode was that?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

boof posted:

I'd like to stop at the duty free shop,
I'd like to stop at the duty free shop,
I'd like to stop at the duty free shop!

Huh duty free. It's the biggest sucker deal in retail. Do you know how much duty is? Duty is nothing. It's like sales tax.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

bruckner posted:

George is a genius I tell you. Thanks to George's wisdom, I now know that when I'm in class, all I have to do is look frustrated in order to appear busy and attentive.

If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I always found that Curb had a really good split between "I 100% agree with Larry, but wouldn't care this much" and "who even gives a poo poo about that."

There is an interview with Larry on one of the Seinfeld discs where he states that when writing he deliberately makes both sides of an argument on an issue of social etiquette seem right in their own way. The best example of this is the episode where George is fighting with Jerry's phoney friend over the parking space. George was in the right.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I bet you love pushing old women and children over too.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

safety dan posted:

Don't forget the very last episode. Also when he gets arrested for the dog kidnap with Elaine and Newman. I like that Kramer's an old hand at jail. In fact all four of them have been arrested at least twice.

In keeping with a law and order theme. Jerry dated a cop and failed a lie detector and was shot up escaping from the feds, Elaine dated a serial killer well same name anyway while Kramer was mistaken for one, George dated a convict, harboured her following an escape and was assaulted by another convict on a plane.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Jack Bandit posted:

All these movies are Gene picks. :colbert:

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

.....apparently there's a company that has produced a robot butcher.... :ssh:

What about a new way of televising opera?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

neoboman posted:

You don't eat Oreo's? The way you break 'em open, mwamwa, you're practically have sex with them!

I find the pastrami to be the most sensual of all the salted cured meats.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

atomic gog posted:

Ho-ho you are hot tonight!

I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

thepokey posted:

Watching the Calzone again, I love the interaction between George and Newman, it's a shame they didn't interact more with each other, they're so similar in their own ways and could have had some more great little fueds.

Let me be perfectly blunt. I don't care for you, Costanza. You hang out on the west side of the building with Seinfeld all day laughing it up, wasting your lives.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Where's the depravity?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

The first episode of Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee is now available. Posting this here because the first "guest" is Larry David, and this is literally Jerry and George driving around for a while and then getting coffee.

TV Larry is the toned down version of Larry David.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

mints posted:

He probably knows who killed Kennedy.

That was one magic loogie.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Vigilance posted:

When you control the mail you control....information.

I really need to get on that e-mail.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Is that the one where he pretends to be a tourist to date a woman? Thats the last episode he's with the Yankees?

Jerry you gotta bring me some clothes down here. I lost my job with the Yankees. I'm standing in the men's room on 43rd street in my underpants.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I told you this city would eat you alive.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

mojo1701a posted:

Lover boy! You are a lover boy!

Cable boy. Cable boy. What have you done to my cable boy?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

neoboman posted:

I thought we were going to be like the Gatsbys!

I still don't know what that means.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Manana? I'm doing nada.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

OnlyJuanMon posted:

Can we all agree that the weekend in the Hamptons episode is one of the series best?

So many laugh out loud amazing moments.

Did you know that the house was designed by Mark Farbman?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Kramer also had that make your own pizza business with Poppie, he was an usher for that old movie house in the Gum and he was a jarvey in the Rye. I suppose the coffee table book counts as a job too and he also hosted his own talk show. At a stretch he was an importer and exporter of Raincoats but that might just have been a finders fee.

K. Farb posted:

Hell of a picture. When they had the helicopter land on that car?

Come on! I haven't seen it yet.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Sep 13, 2012

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

I think someone already made gifs from this episode already but here's a few from The Foundation

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

So what's with the fatigues and all the psychotic imagery?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

atomic gog posted:

I got a rubber lobster in the post this morning. Looking forward to thrusting it into peoples faces and saying "HEY HEY HEY LOOK AT WHAT I GOT!!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDLm08StCwQ

My father was a lobsterman. He got up every morning at four and came home every night stinking of brine! He sent me through law school with the lobsters he caught.

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 19, 2012

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

So, that's it. All of my darkest fears, and everything I'm capable of. That's me.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

What kind of man are you? Well, you're weak, spineless, a man of temptations. But what tempts you? You're a portly fellow. A bit long in the waistband. So what's your pleasure? Is it the salty snacks you crave? No no no no. Yours is a sweet tooth. Oh you may stray, but you'll always return to your dark master. The cocoa bean. And only the purest syrup nectar can satisfy you. If you could, you'd guzzle it by the gallon. Ovaltine? Hershey's? Nestle's Quick?

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

YOU'RE A CASHIER!

She stole twenty dollars from me. I might've gotten it back, but Lloyd Braun interfered.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

atomic gog posted:

Your father's right. We're sitting there like IDIOTS drinking coffee without a piece of cake.

What do you mean stole? It's my bread. They didn't eat it. Why should I leave it there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The pig says "my wife is a slut"? :confused:

That irreverence, that wit I'd recognize it anywhere. Some charlatan has stolen a Ziggy and passed it off as his own. I can prove it. Quick Elaine, to my archives.