Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

We have evolved beyond the need for posting.

Soiled Meat

Evil Agita posted:

Well I'll be, he has lost a LOT of hair.

He's got a little hair hat there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat
Seinfeld had no problem with things you'd never seen on television before, so yeah it could be seen as sexual just because everyone else was afraid of the topic. The reference that still surprises me regarding their adult themes making it onto network television:

"Reversed positions?"

"Yeah you know. Head to toe."

"So what. Your genitals are still lined up."

"No, because I slept with my back to him."

":aaa:"

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

bobservo posted:

As a kid, I got most of my knowledge about sex by deconstructing the innuendo of sitcom characters.

Seinfeld made me think that the female orgasm was one of the rarest cosmic forces in the universe and only a few men would ever encounter one in their lifetimes.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

Poque posted:

Based on Jerry's reaction, I'm convinced he ad-libbed the second half of that. I also think "It's like a sauna in here" might've been ad-libbed as well.

The fat bastard line was ad-libbed and it was a huge turning point for the show. People laughed at the line and Seinfeld and friends realized that they could be total jerks and people would still enjoy the show.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

octothorpopus posted:

George fakes having a job, Kramer fakes having a job, Elaine fakes being someone else at her job... Has Jerry ever done anything stupid like that? I really can't think of an instance of anything like that.

Either way, I love The Pensky File. Good episode.

Jerry's never had a job. Though he did take calls for Vandelay Industries.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

Max22 posted:

Is that the one with the sunbathing woman? I doubt it, she was probably wearing modesty patches.

I never noticed until now but when George is talking to that girlfriend on the drive out to the Hamptons he talks about his love of cough syrup with mixers. He was talking about Purple Drank, George is crunk as gently caress.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

God I love how frustrated that George is over being perceived as a racist, and talks up how he just needs to be seen with one of his black friends, at which point Jerry points out that he doesn't have any black friends.

Besides us, you don't really have any white friends either...

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

neoboman posted:

You know you're not Chinese...

I thought I was taking advice from a Chinese woman!

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat
It's the Cuban flag, but with the colors reversed. :confused:

Word around the office is that you're a communist.

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

Jerusalem posted:

Why oh why did Jerry say,"I guess we tricked her," on the phone... why would he say that!?! :gonk:

He's a joke maker.

Tell him Jerry. :ohdear:

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat

personaljesus posted:

OK, painful question of the day...

If you had to remove one of the 4 characters from the show, who would you choose so that it would ruin the show the least?

For me, it would be Elaine.

Oh no. This is the show. And I will not have my artistic integrity compromised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainMeats
Aug 20, 2000

Soiled Meat
You're all way off.

Despite the title of the show Jerry Seinfeld is by far the most unnecessary character. They were barely into season 2 (The Busboy) when the writers realized that Jerry didn't have to be central to every plot point, and they never looked back. He only exists for the other personalities to work off of. I guess without Jerry there wouldn't be nearly as many beautiful women over the 9 seasons but that's not really the main draw of the show. He's the weakest actor with the most nondescript personality.

Jerry's apartment though, can't get rid of that. Without Jerry's apartment, there is no show.