Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

I wish I could find that clip (maybe someone has a gif?) from "The Shower Head" when Mr Peterman is convinced that Elaine is an Opium addict, and Kramer comes with his flattened hair asking Elaine if if could use her shower and sounding like a junky. The comedic timing of Peterman throwing him out is some of the best slapstick I've ever seen on television.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Haters gonna hate

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

It's even funnier that Puddy is religious when you also consider the episode when Puddy scares the poo poo out of the El Salvadorian priest while wearing devil facepaint.

gotta support the team...

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Okay, not trying to derail this great thread, but who else thinks Kramer was a toker. I'm not a :420: advocate, per se, but I've smoked my share and his discombobulation and random asides point to weeeeeeed.

Again, not saying he was, but it just seemed like so much of his behavior seemed indicative of cannabis use.

Feel free to smack me down if you know from cannon that he wasn't.

I've brought it up with friends both smokers and not, and their response is usually "meh, maybe, maybe not" but some of the things he does seem like things only your best stoner buddy would attempt (and predictably, fail at).

I feel that having drug use a folly for his behavior kind of takes away the magic of the character. Kramer is so strange simply because hes Kramer. Although I do recall an episode where he said that an air conditioner fell on his head in 1979, which may explain his disjointed thinking.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

All Smith wanted to do was go home! Well he went home alright! With a crater in his colon the size of a quarter... he had to sit on a cork the whole way home

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Requesting the scene from The Shower Head where Kramer is begging Elaine to use her shower, Peterman walks buy, raises his brow, throws Kramer out and slams the door on him

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

Oh my god, the passenger next to Jerry on the plane is Earl Milford. You can always tell a Milford man.

Same dude was also in Weeds as one of Mary-Kate Olsen's regular weed customers. Guess he got moved to a better home after GOB helped him escape.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Mandelbaum
Mandelbaum
Mandelbaum

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

"My neck is one gargantuan monkey fist"

I want John O' Hurley to do audiobooks in his J Peterman voice.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Post your favourite Seinfeld parodies/crossovers/whatevers:

Seinfeld in Oz (I love how they got the actual Oz cast for it)

Sippenfeld - If Jerry was an obnoxious libertarian (based on forum member Sippenhaft)

And this:

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

We had a funny guy with us in Korea. A tailgunner. They blew his brains out all over the Pacific. There's nothing funny about that.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Locutus Of Bored posted:

The Voice is objectively the best episode of the series.

Wikipedia posted:

The basis of the talking stomach was Seinfeld writer Spike Feresten's real life experience of imagining his girlfriend's anus talking to him while she slept. He recounted the idea to his fellow writers on Seinfeld, where the anus' voice became something of an inside-joke. He told his girlfriend this, and her reaction was much like Claire's in the episode. After the writing staff decided to incorporate it into an episode, Seinfeld decided to change it to her stomach talking to her, so that it wouldn't appear to be simple "body humor." Seinfeld later commented that he wished they had kept it as a talking anus.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

They said they were sending over an Asian woman....

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

JERRY
Well, let's look back on your history
with this woman. Okay?

ELAINE
Okay..

JERRY
First, you encouraged her to join:
The Army. .. She did.

ELAINE
She was lost..

JERRY
Then: you suggest she goes.. AWOL!
She did!

ELAINE
Well, she didn't seem to be havin'
so much fun..

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Phenomneek posted:

Just watched The Fatigues again. Frank's Korean war flashbacks are my favourite.

"I went too far. I over-seasoned. Men where keeling over all around me. I can still hear the retching, screaming... I sent 16 of my own men to the latrines that night."

I still have to get Season 9 on DVD, I have all the others.

It's why I can't watch Platoon anymore without giggling whenever Adagio for Strings starts playing.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

By Season 9 George in his free time just stews in his apartment thinking of ways to get back at people who he thinks are screwing over.

"I think that Ginger Ale at the coffee shop is just Coke and Sprite mixed together, how can I prove it? T'ah can't, dammit!"

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

I've been teaching English to elementary school kids in Japan. I always start off the class with a big "Heeeellloooo." I only just realized that I've been doing the voice.

Now they're doing it too.

Next lesson bring in a big bag of oranges for the class to share. They're rare there.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Here's the fist bump/cane spin

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

DiscoDickTease posted:

What the gently caress? When is this from?

His first national TV appearance way back in 1977.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7W5x9ZHOXU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

So, do you want to go to the Gap?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

It was years before I found out that George's answering machine was based on a real song.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

wa27 posted:

Didn't Seinfeld have a live audience?

As it is, you couldn't remove the laugh track. Kramer's physical bits would seem awkward, and the pacing would be all off. I do think they could have easily adapted the show to work without one, but I don't think it would have fared better. Seinfeld did so well the way it was that there's probably nothing tangible that you could change that would have made it any more popular.

It was a live audience, and by the later seasons they had ask people to stop applauding so much whenever Kramer walked on set. I agree that removing the laugh track would disrupt the pacing of the dialogue a lot, which was designed to accommodate it.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

What has Seinfeld done lately to sully his reputation apart from make a mediocre kids movie and some half-joking remarks about Lady Gaga?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

If only The Marriage Ref was Jerry's idea of trolling NBC, sadly that is not the case.

ELAINE: So what you are saying is that 90 to 95 percent of the population is undateable?

JERRY: UNDATEABLE!

ELAINE: Then how are all these people getting together?

JERRY: Alcohol. :colbert:

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

I loved that the rest of the cast kept talking about having a chance to "get it right" and fix the mistakes of the previous finale, while Larry kept insisting there was nothing wrong with it.

Also hilarious is Larry getting personally offended when Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Jason Alexander talk about how much of an idiot George Costanza is since the character is based so much on him.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

T. Finn posted:

Seriously go watch the the show if you've never seen it

My expression when Seinfeld fans say they don't watch it

CHET'S SHIRRRRRRRT AAUUUUUGHHH

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Chunk posted:

So Elaine was dating a guy named Joel Riffkin, who happened to share his name with a serial killer. She is looking through a sports magazine and suggesting names for him to change to. First she suggests Deion. After that, she suggests O.J. This was in 1993. :stare:

And guess which lawyer Jackie Chiles is based on.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

That's not going to be good for anybody.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Good thinking Cougar.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

What have you done to my little cable boy!

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Rewatching the finale for the first time in years (maybe since it even aired), and I just realized the joke when the Soup Nazi claims that he was forced to move to Argentina after Elaine published his recipes. That's gold Jerry! Gold!

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Jerry: How can you do this?

George: Jerry, let's face it, I've always been handicapped. I'm just now getting the recognition for it. Name one thing I have that puts me in a position of advantage. Huh? There was a guy that worked at the Yankees-- no arms! He got more work done than I did, made more money, had a wife, a family, drove a better car than I did.

Jerry: He drove a car with no arms?

George: Alright I made up the part about the car, but the rest is true. He hated me anyway!

Jerry: Do you know how hard it's getting just to tell people I know you?

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

T. Finn posted:

"Yeah it's gonna be rough"

And the heat! My god, the heat!

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Bulbous Goiter posted:

STELLLLLAAAA

THE DINGO ATE YOUR BA-BY.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Wafflecop posted:

Went a bit crazy with making Seinfeld ringtones the other week

Now I've got the theme as my main ringtone, one of Jerry's "Who is this?" as my text sound, "Oh no... it's the moops, the card says moops" as failed send notification and the thread title as my email notification.

It's pretty loving sweet.

I hope you also have George's voicemail message.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Bulbous Goiter posted:

Discuss.

Mario Joyner is buddies with Jerry Seinfeld, and Jerry liked having his friends cameo on the show (like Kathy Griffin's appearances and Larry Miller as the Doorman).

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Snoopy and Prickly Pete.

You people have a little pet name for everybody.

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

Steinbrenner would not care, he doesn't even want doors on the stalls in Yankee Stadium.

INT - Yankee Stadium Employee Bathroom.

[George enters into Employee Bathroom whistling, Mr Steinbrenner is using a stall with an open door, George recoils in shock.]

George: Augh! Oh geez, I am so sorry sir!

Mr Steinbrenner: No problem George, actually I've been meaning to discuss something with you, you got a minute?

George: Uh sir... you're uh, you're heh.... on the toilet.

Mr Steinbrenner: Well of course George. I like meeting here, lets me talk Yankee to Yankee, catch people with their pants down, so to speak. Plus I don't like my office lately. The new cleaner the janitor uses is making me sneeze, plus I think he changes the air conditioner setting when I'm not around.

George: Can I at least close the door?

Mr Steinbrenner: No can do, Georgey Boy. Gotta look up at a man's face when you're talking business George, shows respect and confidence.

George: Oh, I'm looking up sir...

Mr Steinbrenner: Did you know that FDR used to meet with his Chiefs of Staff while on the toilet? What a guy. Although I think it was because he was in that wheelchair, so he couldn't reach the door handle and he needed them to get him out...

George: [looking around] Sir... where have all the stall doors gone?

Mr Steinbrenner: That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I've been looking at the statistics. George, do you know how many manhours are spent on the opening and closing, maintenance and upkeep of our toilet stall doors?

George: No sir, I do not.

Mr Steinbrenner: That's a shame George because neither do I. I really need a number to help convince the board. Well anyway I'm sure its a lot. That's why, starting today, no more stall doors in Yankee stadium!

George: But sir, won't the fans want their privacy?

Mr Steinbrenner: That's what the bathroom door is for. Think of how fast the queues would go without people having to constantly open and close and open and close the stall doors. Noone would be embarrassed if everyone has to do it, it'd be just like being in the stands! Hey there's an idea, replace the regular toilet seats with ones that look like stadium seats! Big Stein is on a roll!

[Mr Steinbrenner continues talking. Cut to Jerry's Apartment]

Jerry: So he kept talking to you. On the john. For twenty minutes?

George: Yep. Twenty long, long, long... minutes.

Jerry: Does he often talk to his employees on the can?

George: How should I know?! I can't just ask people.

Jerry: Did you uh, you know...

George: No I didn't catch a glimpse!

Elaine: [Trying not to laugh] So why did he want to talk to you on the toilet?

George: I don't know, apparently FDR used to do it during World War Two or something. I think this is just my final act of degradation before he fires me.

Jerry: Hey speaking of World War Two, Eva and I were in bed last night and she did that thing again.

George: The sleep saluting?

Elaine: Jerry you're crazy, she was probably just stretching or something.

Jerry: But it went straight up like a rocket!

George: But she knows you're Jewish right. Why would a Nazi have a relationship, let alone sex, with a Jew?

Jerry: How would I know what a Nazi thinks?

George: Maybe it's like a rebellion thing. Like her parents are Nazis and she's doing this because she knows they'd disapprove.

Jerry: George not everyone hates their parents as much as you do. And besides, how would I ever find out if that was true anyway?

Kramer: [clicks fingers] I'll do it.

goodog fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 25, 2011

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Commie! Commie! Traitor to our country!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodog
Nov 3, 2007

Huge Liability posted:

He schnapped me.

You know I've kiboshed before. And I will...kibosh again.