Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008
The #1 Funniest Moment in that 10 best moments clip totally missed that best part about that Vandelay Industries gag, with Jerry coming in at the end and ad-libbing "and you want to be my latex salesmen".

That's what I loved about Seinfeld, even when everyone was sticking to the script all of the comedy and situations, even though many of them were completely ridiculous, always felt organic. This is especially true once the writers realized, almost by mistake, that they could start intertwining everyone's story-lines so that the episodes reached a crescendo at the end. Stuff like the Marine Biologist gag intersecting with Kramer hitting golf balls into the ocean: you just don't see anything even approaching that level of genius these days (except maybe on Curb).

I was just watching the episode The Virgin last night. This line really cracked me up out of the blue:

Jerry: Who gave you this idea I would wanna leave?

Marla: Well Elaine said men like to leave after it's over.

Jerry: Listen, I wouldn't put too much stock into what Elaine has to say about relationships. She comes from a broken home, and I mean that literally. A tree fell on her roof and cracked the whole structure. Her parents got along beautifully, but her house was in bad shape.

[edit] also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6jrwzYGUoA

Notsosubtle fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Apr 22, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

That clip makes me realize how ridicerous some of Jerry's shirts were in the first few seasons.

In the early commentaries, Elaine is always commenting on Jerry's lame shirts.

The Strike is also a fantastic episode. You have:

FRANK: Many Christmases ago, I went to buy a doll for my son. I reach for the last one they had - but so did another man. As I rained blows opon him, I realized

there had to be another way!

KRAMER: What happened to the doll?

FRANK: It was destroyed. But out of that, a new holiday was born. "A Festivus for the rest of us!"

KRAMER: That musta been some kind of doll.

FRANK: She was.

and

FRANK: Welcome, new comers. The tradition of Festivus begins with the airing of grievances. I got a lot of problems with you people! And now you're gonna hear about it! You, Kruger. My son tells me your company stinks!

GEORGE: Oh, God.

FRANK: (To George) Quiet, you'll get yours in a minute. Kruger, you couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date with a babe.. I lost my train of thought.

AND

GWEN: I guess this is the ugly girl I've been hearing about.

ELAINE: Hey, I was in a shvitz for 6 hours. Give me a break.

(Gwen leaves, Jerry follows)

JERRY: Gwen. Gwen, wait! Ah! (runs back to his seat) Bad lighting on the porch.

My friends and I always used to throw "you couldn't smooth a silk sheet if you had a hot date..." into arguments.

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

J. Peterman Wikipedia posted:

Later, when the Paul Harris Company went out of business, Peterman was able to purchase the rights to his own name as a brand, with funding help from John O'Hurley, the actor who portrayed J. Peterman on Seinfeld.

:aaaaa:

Notsosubtle
Oct 30, 2008

WITNESS THE POWER! posted:

I just remembered one of my favorite moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY7kzdnpgJ4

I love how Jerry delivers the "salty discharge" line like he's some sort of confused robot who just discovered the concept of emotions.

From that same episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZvY_LXJco

"Serenity now, insanity later." *crazy eyes*