Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Best show of all time. Whoever said that the episodes get funnier and funnier is spot on. No other show makes me laugh like Seinfeld still does, rerun after rerun. Just thinking about some of the moments makes me laugh.

My favorite episode has always been and probably always will be 'The Gum'. Every main character's actions directly affect the story of all the others. That scene where George is trying to explain to the woman that he isn't crazy is priceless.

One thing that kind of struck me as interesting was during the last couple episodes during the trials, half the things that they are being blamed for are not their fault or not what they intended to happen. They may have been terrible people, but often got hosed over by circumstance or things they had no idea about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

The Human Cow posted:

Incorporating parts of Seinfeld into your real life is probably the best part of the show. Anytime my girlfriend and I are arguing about something trivial and one of us convinces the other that we're right, the winning side will usually rub it in with a "ah, here's a fact: I'M THE WIZ! NOBODY BEATS ME!"

I totally do the "yeah that's right" too. It's hard to make a good Puddy face. You have to kind of jut your jaw out, too.

Agreed. I'm partial to breaking out "Gotta support the team," when talking about sports/games/etc.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I liked Susan. She was so nice :(

Also, I've seen no mention of the Pigman yet. I always love Kramer's expression when he first finds the Pigman.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Just saw the library episode last night.. I love this bit.

George: "There I was, a grown man, outside the library.... getting a wedgie."
Elaine: "At least it wasn't atomic!"
George: "... it was."

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Whenever I'm around things in real life that are cold, I say, "'Dis son-of-a-bitch is ice cold." with a poo poo eating grin.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I just yesterday saw the episode where Jerry goes to Florida to buy the cadillac back from Jack Klompus(?), and on one of his trips finds that Jack drove it into a swamp.

Jack: "I even lost my upside down pen!"
Jerry: "... somehow that makes it all worthwhile."

Then later, when he's in his condo, trying to convince him to let him stay the night and him refusing...

Jerry: "It was that quip about the pen wasn't it?"
Jack: "Yes it was."

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

My favorite Kramer scheme is probably one of if not his first: the levels. I love the part where they bet.

Kramer: A big dinner with dessert. But I've got till the end of the month.
Jerry: I'll give you a year.
Kramer: No, no, no. End of the month.
Jerry: It's a bet.

(Jerry rolls his eyes as Kramer extends his pinky for a pinky swear.)

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Double post, but holy poo poo. Amazon.com and .ca have the complete series on sale for over a hundred dollars off. Looks cheaper to buy from .com even for us Canadians. I bought it pretty much instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/Seinfeld-Complete-Jerry/dp/B000VECAEE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278094104&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.ca/Seinfeld-Complete-Box-Set-DVD/dp/B000VXWXCY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278093847&sr=8-1

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

LesterGroans posted:

George: I hate anyone who wears a cape.
Jerry: ... Superman wears a cape! and I'll be damned if i'm gonna stand here and let you say anything bad about him!

Alright... Superman is the exception!

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

robot roll call posted:

"You can't break up with me! I've got hand!"
"And you're gonna need it!"

Wow. Maybe I haven't seen that episode in a long rear end time but.. I get the joke now. :psyduck:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Daughter posted:

Id like a gif from the Festivus episode. When the bookie Charlie says "Im a man" all creepy like.

"You make a lot of man friends. You know who's a man? Charlie here, he's a man. You know who else is a man? Me, I'm a man."

Makes me laugh every time.

Elaine: "Hey how did my horse do?"
Bookie: "He had to be shot."

Love that delivery.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Max22 posted:

That reminds me, there's also this.

This is amazing. Thanks!

Is that kid next to the crown/Wiz hat Mr Marbles?

Also loving the giant pastrami stacked sandwich and the eclair george found in the trash. "Well, you, my friend, have crossed the line that divides man and bum. You are now a Bum."

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I love the scene where Jerry's on the phone with Uncle Leo and then hears a big explosion, and he gets all shocked.

I too will get that poster on my wall, some day soon.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Relayer posted:

Bob Odenkirk as Elaine's slacker med student boyfriend is so loving funny. I'd rank him only behind Puddy.

Haha yeah, totally agree.

"Shouldn't he elevate his legs?"
"Uhh, yeah, right. Elevate your legs!"

I love how Sue Ellen Mishke introduces Elaine. "This is Elaine, and old, old friend of mine. :smug:"

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Double zero??

It's OO. For OO OO AH AH.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

The guy who played the old grumpy man who hates George Jerry and hangs out with him died yesterday. RIP.

http://www.digitalspy.com/ustv/news/a295960/seinfeld-actor-bill-erwin-dies-aged-96.html

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jan 6, 2011

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I've got a long car trip coming up and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get some Jerry Seinfeld standup recordings? I already have I'm Telling You For the Last Time (which I love) but it seems it's his only recorded standup on the internet from what I can find. Can anyone else give any links or anything?

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Dear Henry,

Last night with you was bliss. I fear my..... orgasm has left me a cripple. I don't how how I shall ever get back to work. I love you madly, John.

PS: Loved the cabin!

Everyone: :stare:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Der Shovel posted:

Also, one great bit I'd never noticed before in "The Dealership". When Jerry is phoning Elaine to get her and Puddy back together, look in the background: the entire scene, Puddy is sitting there, just passively staring off into the distance. Such a little detail but so great!

I'll have to watch out for that. I never noticed, and that's hilarious.

"Hey, Elaine, have you noticed your boyfriend has developed an annoying little habit? "
"You mean the squinting? *squints*"
"No..."
"The staring? *vacant stare*"
"No..."

Edit: Does anyone know where one could get the Wiz's crown or something similar? That'd be a great Halloween costume.

Lord of Laughton fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Aug 31, 2011

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

I have a friend called Ian and we're on a hockey team with a bunch of other friends. I must have just watched the Wig Master or something, but one day I just started calling him Een, and now our whole team calls him Een. It makes me so happy. Me want to cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

Oh God, K-Uger.. :( get well, get well soon we want you to get well.