Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Starving Wolf posted:

My other favorite intro is for the Merv Griffin Show, which I can't seem to find:

Kramer: We're like Cain and Abel.
Jerry: You know Cain slew Abel.
Kramer: No he didn't. They were in business together...drywall or something.
Jerry: The way I remember it, Abel worked all summer harvesting his crops, while Cain just played in the field. Then when winter came, Abel had all the nuts. Cain had no nuts. So he killed him.
Kramer: See, the way I remember it, Cain - he was a successful doctor, but when he took this special formula, he became Mr Abel.
Jerry: You broke my blender, didn't you?
Kramer: Yeah, I was trying to make gravel, and it just, didn't work out.

I don't remember this at all. Is this where they are walking down the street and come up to the dumpster? I've seen that a bunch of times but TBS always seems to start right when they come up to the dumpster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Watching Notes About Nothing it shows ratings info for the shows, when they were getting like a 20+ rating. Is that the same system that they're using now? And shows like Community get like a 2 at best? Are any regular shows Seinfeld-high these days?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Thanks for the ratings answers...that's sorta the answer I was expecting.

Clearly I've been watching the show on DVD, and it's crazy to me how much actually gets cut out of each episode for syndication. There's jokes I've never even seen! Most cold opens are cut, and some entire scenes are removed. It happens in like every episode but one example that comes to mind is when George is at Play Now and finally gets into his boarded up office, he calls Jerry and says something about "it's like Hitler's last days in here" and they talk about Hitler for a while until Jerry says he's uncomfortable. The scene as I've always seen it has George say that and they move on.

I feel so cheated :smith: It seems to me that they're cutting out like a full minute or two, is it just for more commercials?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I don't know what the title quote is from :smith: I have failed

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Haha, Jerry's "what's the deal with homework? You're not working on your home!"

"BOOOOOO"

Always cracks me up. I love that episode.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Supreme Allah posted:

Susan B. Anthony I think I'd have a problem with.
Yeah, I think you would.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Will people able to breathe underwater in the future?
Some of us.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

That dude in question is Larry Charles. Who is insane. And looks like an Amish guy. I think he directed bill maher's movie and works on CYE and a bunch of other poo poo.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

What's better for your back: couch cushions or folding chairs?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

If anything, I should be dating a mentor and Bania should be setting pins at a bowling alley.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

penismightier posted:

No lie, I was gonna come in this thread and ask for a gif of that like...two days ago. What does he do with his left hand?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It was above the rim!

Adjacent to refuse, is refuse!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Next stop Pottersville! Next stop Pottersville!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

My wallet's gone! My wallet's gone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tuDwbDMidM

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think just as distressing is that it doesn't mention Seinfeld anywhere

E: not to say "this was worn in Seinfeld" when I'm guessing it wasnt--but a "hey, this looks like the one worn in Seinfeld!"

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

YOU'RE NOT GIVING AWAY OUR WATERPIK!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Adjacent to refuse is refuse

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

potee posted:

Are you sure you don't have a fax machine? Because there's a lot of stuff in my apartment I've never seen.
Then maybe you have a fax machine!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Poque posted:

VILE WEED!

I would ask for a gif of that scene, but if started asking for Seinfeld gifs I'd never stop. Every scene could be a gif. Also one may have been posted before.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Not a good look for George

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I'd go ahead and say that from its beginning until whenever Elaine started wearing her hair down, "Not a good look for _____" could be applicable for anybody on the show. Seinfeld's humor and characters still hold up, but not that early 90's wardrobe.

Well the real problem is that the shirt is untucked. But yeah in general (besides Kramer, who stayed pretty consistent) they wore some wacky things at first. Lots of crazy colors and patterns and fabrics. But hey, the late 80's/early 90's.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

Boy, you really went bald there, didn't you? :haw:
What is that, canvas?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Anyone have a gif of Jerry at the car reservation desk saying "anybody can just take 'em" and doing his handwaving thing? It's from The Alternate Side, S3 e...11?

That cracks me up every time.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Next stop Pottersville
Next stop Pottersville

:(

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Capt. Sticl posted:

Well, you had your summer me... remember Whitey Fisk? the guy who snuck you into Last Tango in Paris?
So you never saw Last Tango in Paris? Too bad, it was erotic.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

esperantinc posted:

YOU HUNG UP ON MY NANA?!?!?
YOU TOLD NANA TO DROP DEAD!?!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I was driving to work and saw a billboard for Seinfeld. A billboard, for a show that ended nearly 14 years ago.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Oh, did you guys stop at the bodega today? Some moron bounced a clown check!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Casus...belli

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

It was above the garbage. Hovering. Like an angel.
Adjacent to refuse is refuse!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I heard Witchy Woman on the radio on my way home from work. If Desperado isn't one of the first couple things you think of when you hear that (the first thing I thought of was Jerry's "oh, witch-ay woman") then I don't even know what

(Also acceptable: "I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!")

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Ehud posted:

He's like that fish that attaches himself to the shark!

And you're the shark? :raise:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Is that...is that all it is? Just them driving and laughing? Is it an internet thing? I don't understand at all :confused:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

S2E1, The Ex-Girlfriend. Then continue on through the rest of the series.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

potee posted:

I'd like to see that complaint get rectified!
This is the one I think of. Every time.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

When does George quit being a real estate agent? I change my recommendation to that. You should start there. Although it doesn't matter since you already started watching from season 1.

But it turns in to a much different show. As you've no doubt seen from The Soup Nazi.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Well, Jerry, I've been thinking. I've gone as far as I can go with George Costanza.

Is this the suicide talk or the nickname talk?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Coffee And Pie posted:

There's no G-Bone!

There's a G Spot!

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

T-bone, the ladies are gonna love ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I doubt you strained it. Maybe you pulled it.
Did you twist it? You coulda twisted it.
Did you wrench it? Did you jam it? Maybe you squeezed it. Turned it...