Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

petewhitley posted:

That was a great, great movie.

You can't really judge Seinfeld as a stand-up comedian by "Seinlanguage". The delivery is completely lost when you put those words to paper. I'm a diehard Seinfeld fan but absolutely hated that book.

This is very true. I only enjoy the book because I can imagine his routine as I read it. If I was reading it without having basically memorized his routine, I can't imagine I'd laugh much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

penis sandwich posted:

He seems intensely loyal to Jerry, less so to Elaine and George

He would turn Jerry in if he killed a man though, even if he had a good reason!

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Is there a gif anywhere of Bania's face when Jerry asks him why why he should work out? It's just amazing and I missed it tonight on TBS because I was in the kitchen. :argh:

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I generally rip the muffin into two pieces, eat the inferior bottom first, then eat the delicious top. I'm not sure if I do this because of Seinfeld, but I'd be shocked if I didn't.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Wow, they just showed the parking garage one and at the end he does his stand up bit where he says they should name the parking garage levels something like "You mother's a whore!" I'm always surprised when I hear lines like that, I forget what they got away with. (not that whore is some unairable word, but it just doesn't seem very Seinfeld)

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

neoboman posted:

Well... I'm going to drink beer and eat Chinese food too. So it's not just that.

That reminds me, they don't drink a lot on Seinfeld. I can recall a couple times when one of the main characters has a beer, but nothing else really. Kramer got drunk (in three minutes) from Hennigans. Were any of the other main characters ever drunk on the show?

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Ignoring the beginning of this argument... goddammit, I'm going to have to put Curb at the top of my to-watch list. I was just bitching to someone the other day that my to-read/watch list has grown far too large, and now I pretty much have to watch Curb, if only for the reunion season.

So thank you/gently caress you Seinfeld thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

neoboman posted:

gently caress you for convincing you to watch one of the best shows ever?

Yes, because I will probably watch it all in like 2 weeks and disregard all other work/social obligations. :colbert: