Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
I enjoy how nothing about that job was ever explained the entire episode, just like when Kramer took on an office job and packed his briefcase with crackers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

wa27 posted:

Will never get tired of "Who is this?".

Kramer's stogie-based physical comedy from "The Reverse Peephole" (backwards, dropping it with his slack jaw).

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

TMMadman posted:

"Who is this?" will indeed never get old and I really hope I get to use it naturally one day.

However, in the .gif that was posted, Jerry is clearly saying 'Uncle Leo?' which just sets George off even more than a "Who is this?"
I know that. I use "Who is this?" as shorthand for any time the characters get up to some phone hijinx at someone else's expense. Happens 4 or 5 times throughout the series.

Jerry: "UNCLE LEO!?"
Elaine: "Oh, that's nice."

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

stratdax posted:

My theory as to why Kramer is well-off is because he's a trust fund baby. That would also explain why he's so eccentric.
Well his father was a deadbeat and his mother was a cleaning woman, so no. It's just the essence of Cosmo that keeps him afloat.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
How do you forget the Whale & the Marine Biologist?

Monsignor Martinez fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 15, 2010

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

mojo1701a posted:

I considered it, but I thought that the punchline relies on Kramer's "what is that, a titleist?" along with Jerry's "mammal" comment.
I'm pretty sure most auditions allow for call and answer beats, otherwise you'd be severely restricted in terms of well known passages that aren't in classic literature.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

Ishamael posted:

Well, he also hates minorities, so take his opinion for what it is worth.
No, he hates the guy who wouldn't shut up during his lackluster standup set.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
This was such a fantastic way to address the quagmire. The hints of anguished truth within the comedy are masterful.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
You can probably take solace and/or satisfaction in the fact that he's an unfunny go-nowhere never was.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
Wow, this is better than the last one. Radical!

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

HateTheInternet posted:

This is such a totally unfounded claim. I haven't met a Seinfeld fan who thought Seasons 8-9 were worse than Seasons 1-2.
It's not unfounded, it became status quo for joe blow lunchbox to write off the later seasons that they weren't even watching, particularly around the time of the finale and the aftermath.

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot

Tender Bender posted:

Yeah it's one of those things people parrot so they sound in the know, like how the Beatles just made generic pop until they started doing drugs and got good.
That's literally exactly what it's like. Fairweather fans would be flattery.

"Wow, Poison Control! That's even higher than Number One!!.....Hello?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monsignor Martinez
Feb 12, 2010

by Peatpot
No, "The Abstinence" was the one where George becomes brilliant, you're off by 4 seasons.