Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Dr_Amazing posted:

What an awful system. What if someone wants to make something bigger than a 1 gauge. They'd have to start going into negative numbers and that just gets silly.

They start piling up zeroes and its dumb as it looks. Four aught (0000 gauge) wire is like half an inch across and 1 gauge is 5/16ths. I guess someone didn't think they'd ever want wire bigger than that. I think paint brushes do it too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Bobfromsales posted:

Well that one is kind of true though. Most orchestras could play the standard repetoire in their sleep, and only need someone to say 'go.'

The bit is funny to me not as 'conductors are useless' but as 'all that arm waving up there ain't as important as he things it is.'

As I recall until the 19th century, the conductor and the first violinist were literally the same person. The movement of the bow was the object the rest of the orchestra used to keep time. There was no guy standing there at all.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

DentArthurDent posted:

George went from being a nervous Woody Allen-type to turn into his shouting father

Seems like a logical progression to me.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've never been able to wrap my brain around Mad About You being both reality and a TV show for the Seinfeld characters.

Kramer's apartment is some sort of nexus between reality and fiction. No wonder Jerry was so terrified to stay there and its dark power warped him into a Krameresque figure.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Eclipse12 posted:

^^^^ I never get tired of those.

Eclipse12 is gettin' upset!

Although that actually makes more sense, because it explains why I've never seen it since or heard it referenced.

whats more crazy is I can picture it so clearly too and I know it never happened. I think my brain cobbled a memory together using the hot tub or something as a "level."

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hello :smith:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Swinging? What are you, out of your mind? Look at you, you're disgusting. You're bald, you're paunchy, all kinds of sounds are emanating from your body twenty-four hours a day. If there's a woman that can take your presence for more than ten consecutive seconds, you should hang on to her like grim death. Which is not far off, by the way.

:(

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Hipster_Doofus posted:

This is the same actor whose character did this 14 episodes later:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URvMd-pjSMc

e: Seinfeld: "It was an inferno in there, an INFERNO!"

or alternately: "There's the coward that left us to die!"

e2: Man this clip is rich with great quotes: "Did ya knock... her over too, or just the kids?"

This is why I always sit in the exit row on planes. So that in an emergency, the Costanza inside me does not reveal itself.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

It baffles me, CONSTANTLY BAFFLES ME, that Kramer appears in a Mad About You. Then George watches Mad About You.

Crossover feedback loop!

There better have not been a Mad About You poster in the background of the one where Kramer auditions to play himself on Jerry.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tell the world my story.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Anyway, the point I was making before Goebbels made your hamburger is a man like you could be dating women twenty years younger.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

OnlyJuanMon posted:

But anyways, I had my absolute MIND blow the other day watching an episode. Has anyone ever pointed out that the entire geometry of Jerry's apt. makes no sense at all? The main door, the kitchen is slanted backwards about 30 degrees, yet every exterior hallway shot, the hall is straight. The hallway would have to bend to go around the kitchen.

gently caress.

You.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Alhazred posted:

Jambalaya!

I mentioned the bisque. :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

In my mind, there's a war still going on.

Inchon, Korea, 1950. I was the best cook Uncle Sam ever saw, slinging hash for the Fighting 103rd. As we marched north, our supply lines were getting
thin. One day a couple of GIs found a crate, inside were six hundred pounds of prime Texas steer. At least it once was prime. The use date was three weeks
past, but I was arrogant, I was brash, I thought if I used just the right spices, cooked it long enough...

I went too far. I over seasoned it. Men were keeling over all around me. I can still hear the retching, the screaming. I sent sixteen of my own men
to the latrines that night! They were just boys.

Tell that to Bobby Colby. All that kid wanted to do was go home. Well he went home alright, with a crater in his colon the size of a cutlet. Had to
sit him on a cork the eighteen-hour flight home!

I feel reborn, I'm like a Phoenix rising from Arizona!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

mojo1701a posted:

Santa's a communist and he's spreading propaganda!

The meats are divided into a class system.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Fury1671 posted:

I wanted cucumbers on my pizza the other day. Nobody said I couldn't and I didn't end up with my sofa being peed on. What has happened to this world.

We are living in a society :colbert:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Gyshall posted:

You told my Nanna to drop dead!?

The bank? It burned. ITS GONE!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Who won't wear the ri-bbone?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

neoboman posted:

Ew Mr. Apple, you have a brown spot!

She eats her peas...one at a time

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Newman?

Who is this :smug:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chexoid posted:

:catholic: Kavorka! :catholic:

Was that wrong? Should I not have done that?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

thepokey posted:

Never seen that before ... Bird into a woman's head!

Like he couldn't avoid it.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mission accomplished!

Back to base, Joe!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

Yeah, '71. That was my first year on the job. Bad year for libraries. Bad year for America. Hippies burning library cards, Abby Hoffman telling everybody to steal books. I don't judge a man by the length of his hair or the kind of music he listens to. Rock was never my bag. But you put on a pair of shoes when you walk into the New York Public Library, fella.

Maybe we can live without libraries, people like you and me. Maybe. Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again. This is about that kid's right to read a book without getting his mind warped! Or: maybe that turns you on, Seinfeld; maybe that's how y'get your kicks. You and your good-time buddies. Well I got a flash for ya, joy-boy: Party time is over.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Supreme Allah posted:

And so we went from nods to nothing

Hello :(

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Lord Hydronium posted:

Did he use the word "man"? I mean, when he was leaving, did he say "I'm splittin'"?

I would describe it as restrained jubilation.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chexoid posted:

"That was your friend?"

"Yea but he doesn't normally wear glasses"

"George, that man was wearing glasses."

"Don't you see? He was doing it to FOOL LLOYD BRAUN!"

I love this episode so much. George seems like actually deranged, but everything he says is true.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

thepokey posted:

Not shot, dog bite. Woof Woof, not, Bang Bang.

Woof!

Don't you mean "mrrrow!"

YES!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'm almost at Costanza levels of anger that Seinfeld isn't on Netflix.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Relayer posted:

You have no idea how much I wish there were episodes I hadn't seen. I was thinking the other day, I wish I had some kind of automated way of keeping track of when I last watched a given episode, so I could always watch my least-recently-watched episode since I've seen them all like a million times.

There's some that are so infrequently viewed by me that I can pretend its new.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Chexoid posted:

I wish I could shrink myself down into a tiny submarine, like in fantastic voyage, then I could really be sure.

...but if i DID find something it might be pretty scary...

... of course I would have that laser...

Is it lupus?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

aquatic sideshow posted:

MAYBE THE DINGO ATE YOUR BABY.

You gotta see the baaaay-bee.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Poque posted:

I totally don't remember giant boxes of fresh fish next to him, haha.

He's running fish for the chinese restaurant!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

esperantinc posted:

That's right, it was Gary Fogel who "had" cancer, then didn't have cancer.

GARY FOGEL NEVER HAD CANCER !!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

aquatic sideshow posted:

I'll have a decaf.

We have Sanka.

Seriously is there any line in this show that you can't just throw out there?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Invis posted:

George likes spicy chicken!

Why would George steal from the Yankees?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

neoboman posted:

I was in the pool!!!

They revoked my membership. Newman too. You know, we can't go anywhere near there.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Capt. Sticl posted:

Which speed dial were you on?

Why don't you just tell me the name of the movie you'd like to see!

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

You put that in there!

Seinfeld's van? SEINFELD'S VAN?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

The plane crashed.

Art Vandelay is God.

They went to hell.