Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I like the one loud laugh when George is trying to order the hair restoration cream from China.

"You grow full head of hair, look like STALIN!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

hall n oates mom posted:

I think he meant the driver of the big rig that callously plowed through the Frogger without even slowing.

Schlomo actually appears earlier in "The Muffin Tops" in one of Kramer's reality tours. The unhelpful parking lot attendant from "The Wig Master" shows up to as a dump supervisor. He also looks like the Indian Jon Stewart.

"Can't do it."

I think it's supposed to be the same guy though, isn't he wearing a Jiffy Park shirt in both occasions?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I set this as my daily update on FB, and not many of my friends got it.

Jerry, It's Frank Costanza, George is here, Mr. Steinbrenner is dead. Call me back.

If I had the time I'd like to edit the audio on that message to play back like that, maybe when I get off of work today.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Drunkboxer posted:

No. The hot stays hot, the cool stays cool. The cheese stays woefully unmelted. If I remember correctly they got rid of it because it doubled the packaging for a single burger and therefore doubled the styrofoam that went to the landfill.

It had the misfortune of coming out just as Americans started to realize how much non biodegradable crap we were throwing out. I remember for a while it also marked the end of the traditional Happy Meal box and they started putting Big Macs in a wrapper with only a cardboard ring keeping the wrapper from making the burger look lopsided.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

JethroMcB posted:

The conclusion of that little storyline (Which really felt like a "poo poo! We never had all 3 of them using fake identities at the same time and we've got one epiosde left, let's make it happen!" decision) is wonderful, with Jerry trying to keep the ruse going even when he realizes that he's screwed.

"Mr. Pennypacker, if you're here, and Mr. Van Delay is here, then who is watching the factory?

The Saab factory?"

I love that Kramer breaks with the aliases there.

"Jerry, that's in Sweden"

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Jerry, These are LOAD BEARING WALLS! They're not going to come down.

Kramer's delivery there KILLS me every time.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I wish Manny and Harold would have made more appearances. The one appearance in The Apartment is great.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Boner Magnet posted:

I like to assume that they are a gay couple who coincidentally are a landlord and a super.

It's pretty obvious that's what was going on. I really loved the interactions when Manny went into screaming things in Spanish. "¡¿Como que deported?! Eso fue un misunderstanding"

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
It's missing a bottle of Hennigan's

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Metajo Cum Dumpster posted:

Oh dear god I just rewatched the standup intro to 'Male Unbonding' (S1E03) and can't stop groaning.

It's like watching a jew version of Tim Allen doing standup without the masculinity.

His "friend" is so annoying in that one. I almost can't stand watching it myself.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I was watching Mad Men and one of the lines made me think about an exchange in "The Statue"

quote:

RAY: Well, that's because I'm registered under my full legal name, Raymond Thomas Wochinski. Ray Thomas is my professional name.

GEORGE: You mean alias.

RAY: You are starting to make me angry.

GEORGE: Well, that was bound to happen!

I had to pause the show because of my giggling.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
"My name is Bill. I might be the last person you ever see."

I don't know why that line popped into my head just now, but it had my chuckling to myself for a good 15 seconds.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

jojoinnit posted:

Kramer being terrified of the gay thugs is a recurring theme. They also appeared in The Puerto Rican Day Parade if I remember correctly.

They also appeared in the AIDS walk episode when Kramer refuses to wear the red ribbon.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

feedmyleg posted:

TBS just had 2 episodes on that I've either never seen or have very little recollection of (George arguing with someone about a parking spot, then Jerry taking Kramer's keys back). I'v watched the show mostly through syndication (the last season and a half I watched live), this makes me wonder how many episodes I haven't seen. I guess I just assumed I saw them all. One of these days I'm going to have to get the DVDs and do a complete rewatch.

e: Also, I love watching things from the 90s that are completely problems that could be solved by having cellphones.

I'm watching the keys on TBS right now, I never noticed that Kramer has a pretty bloody knee in the scene where he's roller skating. I wonder if notes about nothing has anything on that.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

As far as disses on Jerry go the best was probably "You may tell jokes, Mr. Jerry Seinfeld, but you are no Comedian."

I always liked Marlene in the Ex-Girlfriend

MARLENE: Well, to be honest, it just didn't make it for me. It's just so much fluff.

Her delivery of the whole bit makes me laugh, but that line there is the one that really gets me.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Turpitude posted:

Now here's the lowdown. Through a certain connection, I've been able to locate some black market shower heads. They're all made in the former Yugoslavia. And from what I hear, the Serbs are fanatic about their showers.

Not from the footage I've seen.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Jerusalem posted:

I also like how Jerry reveals that he has "back-ups" in case he ever loses/is forced to cut loose one of the group. Or at least one back-up for Elaine, anyway, he insists to George that he doesn't have a back-up for him even though we all know he does.

Have you forgotten about the "Summer George" Frankie?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Waltzing Along posted:

I've been slowly working my way through Curb. I just saw the limo driver episode. Wow! That one was really off the charts.

I'd really like to get a look at that freak book.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The Other Side of Darkness would be my pick.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
They were headed to see Plan Nine from Outer Space in the Chinese Restaurant.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

jojoinnit posted:

I don't remember catching it in the UK but I've heard that in Germany they replaced it with reruns of Hogans Heros because the humour didn't translate at all. I suppose it doesn't help that Germany dubs just about everything. I wonder how it sounded to them?

GutenTAAAAAAAG! la la la.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

BrandNew posted:

There is no reason this joke couldn't have worked.

The seltzer/salsa joke, that probably wouldn't have been as funny.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I think the second half of the finale would have been better if they hadn't shown any clips from the older episodes, just had the people on and giving testimony. Seeing the courts reaction to "the contest" is one of the best moments, as is the group looking away before the reveal.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I don't speak to a soul on the subway for 35 years and I get the best man at a lesbian wedding.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

jojoinnit posted:

I feel better. But the hot tub should be much bigger and I don't think Kramer kept Little Jerry. Also, where are the levels?

He chose not to build them.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
"Jerry, these are load bearing walls, they aren't going to come down"

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I may work in a business office, but I am not a business man.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I'm just going to have a soup. Yeah, I'll save the meal for another time.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
THAT'S GOLD JERRY, GOLD!

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
TWO solariums?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Jerry doesn't wash these very well.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Pipe down chorus boy.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
The Non-Fat Yogurt is on. This is one I don't see that often for some reason.

I wonder if it's all the bleeps.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

jojoinnit posted:

I want this. I want it so bad.

Speaking of, whatever happened to getting a 'Van Buren Boys' gangtag?

I think they got rid of gangtags a while back. I seem to remember Season 3 of MadMen being the last time people got those.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
His wife is in a coma :unsmith:

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Criminal Minded posted:

Yeah, Farkus is the bully in A Christmas Story.

There was also a Farkus on Seinfeld. Sid Farkus the bra salesman. He asked if he could take Estelle out on a date when she was separated from Frank and almost gave George a job until he screwed that up too.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I was never that big on creeds.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Billy Zane posted:

Seinfeld complete box set is $95 Amazon.com's current Lightning Deal right now. Buy or not to buy?

edit: gently caress, too late

it's only showing up as 84% claimed.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
I haven't seen it since it came out, and I was only about 13 at the time, but I remember it being INCREDIBLY boring. There was a crop of movies like that in a 3 year period, I remember it and "The Remains of the Day" being praised, and finding them so slow moving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Frank, if Aunt Baby were alive today, how old would she be?