Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Read this whole thread and laughed more times than I can count. Seinfeld and Curb are the two greatest comedy shows, bar none.

What most of you who are arguing about whether the eclair was garbage or not are ignoring is the fact that it was in someone else's house. I think whether it is considered garbage or not, it's disgusting and thus a completely acceptable thing for George to do :xd:

I'll look at my favorite parts of episodes and they will almost always feature George. What a character. And it's always something simple that he does that is totally GEORGE and a combination of something hilarious he says paired with something physical. For instance:

* The Big Salad: When George confronts Elaine about thanking his girlfriend, his dance/gesture when mentioning "but you had to have the BIIIIIIG salad!"

* When George is talking about the woman he is dating that turns out to be bald. He mentions her taking off her hat, places his hand on top of his head and waves... "HELLOOOOO!"

* "Now if you will kindly help me unwedge my front wheel, I'll be on my way." - then the expression he has on his face when he beeps the horn.

* When he is talking about that woman's degree (or certificate) on the wall and he says "... now that's my idea of commeedddyyyyyyyy" with a wiggle of his hips.

Oh George.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Yankee beans, Yankee beans. I like my Yank-ee beans.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Karl Rove posted:

The little names Kramer and Jerry would call each other were pretty funny. I remember 'big daddy', 'Monjamba', and 'Dr. Cyclops', don't remember if there were any more.

I think Kramer called Newman "Big Daddy"

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

A special treat today in the form of a couple episodes. The first one was "The Doll" which I completely forgot as being one of my favorites. It's just so perfect the way the doll looks like Estelle and George freaking out about it. I laughed after Jerry's line "...I'm just glad it's outta here!"

The second episode was the pilot and though I have all the seasons, it's been a while since I've seen it (TBS usually airs the shows in order... they showed the finale last night) and I forgot the little parts that helped make the show what it is. Kramer and his tearing of Jerry's magazine. George and his confused look at the airport greeting.

What a brilliant show. From beginning to end.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Kevyn posted:

"Vile weed!"

Hahaha saw this right afterward...

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

I don't even like to use urinals. I've always been a stall man.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

"Who buys an umbrella anyway? You can get them for free at the coffee shop in those metal cans."

"Those belong to people."

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

I'm so glad it's back :haw:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

I think he's stealing our rickshaw.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

So, Clarence, how about abandoning this apartment and letting me shove off in this beauty?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

I remember reading about Larry David's early stand-up and sometimes he would walk on stage, analyze the crowd, shake his head, say "Nah... this isn't going to work..." and leave.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

UH TIPPYTOE! TIPPYTOE! LEMON TREE!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Max22 posted:

That reminds me, there's also this.

:lol: the Elaine mannequin

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

HateTheInternet posted:

So I guess the thing that looks like a bag of oranges under Jerry is, uh, nothing important...

Edit: Beaten

Isn't the bag of oranges from the episode where Jerry and George meet with the Japanese executives about the show?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Martytoof posted:

Just so I don't feel dumb, the joke behind Delores is that it doesn't really sound that much like clitoris, right? :v:

Depends how you pronounce it.

clit-tohr-iss.

clit-her-iss.

The former rhymes with Delores.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Basilson posted:

Apologies if this was mentioned before, but does anyone else find it hilarious how Elaine tries to get out of awkward conversations by shouting "WHAT!?.. Oh... Coming!" As if someone is calling for her from another room? I love it how she knows that it's so obviously fake but continues to go along with it anyway and leaves the room... From memory she's done it at least twice in the series. Also, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if someone here has tried it to get out of something.

Haha this was in the episode today when she was herself and "Susie" at her work. Peterman invited them both to dinner and she pulled that stunt and ran out of his office.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

mojo1701a posted:

You know what Monopoly is? It's a sitting duck. A road apple. Monopoly is weak. It's feeble. I think it's time to put the hurt on Monopoly.

I play the Monopoly. You not say Monopoly weak. :geno:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Mom, why is Jerry Seinfeld dressed as a penis?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Today's episode had my favorite Newman moment. It was the one where he went to court with Kramer to contest the speeding ticket. His slow turn into LUNATIC NEWMAN is hilarious. I love :38

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZIa55hZmE

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

She's BALD!

Oh come on? No come on. She took off her hat and there she was... hello!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

So when somebody has B.O., the O usually stays with the B. Once the B leaves, the O goes with it.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Everything evens out for Jerry

You know, you could've thrown a PENCIL out the window and see if I got that back.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Libandano Urfam posted:

What's the deal with CANCER?

Laughter is the best medicine!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Kramer: I just took a bath, Jerry. A bath!

Jerry: No good?

Kramer: It's disgusting. I'm sitting there in a tepid pool of my own filth. All kinds of microscopic parasites and organisms having sex all around me.

ELAINE (to Jerry): Do you go in the shower?

JERRY: No, never.

ELAINE (to Kramer): Do you?

KRAMER: I take baths.

:confused:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Glenn Shadix died yesterday. He was the fat guy who played Jerry's landlord, Harold, in an episode :(

"94 years old. I found her yesterday. She didn't have a wig on. It was horrifying."

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

We could be zipping all over the place!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Seinfeld marathon on TBS right now! :woop:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

BrandNew posted:

The best part of this whole exchange is when Jerry whispers to George and he squirts the ketchup. Gets me everytime.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

ironlung posted:

So did TBS stop playing Seinfeld episodes? They used to play two back to back starting at 5pm my time (MST) and for the past two days it has been King of Queens instead.... WHY

No kidding. And not only that but a local station used to show an episode at the same time so I was able to choose which one I wanted to watch. They have now replaced it with Two and a Half Men :mad:

Meaning, I don't think there is any Seinfeld on TV here anymore. It's nice to have all the episodes on DVD but I love coming home from work and turning on a random nugget.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

"I bought a chicken."

"Allow me.... Why?"

"Cage free, farm fresh eggs."

"Allow me.... What are you, an idiot?"

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

That reminds me, are Schindler's List and Weekend at Bernie's 2 the only real movies that have ever been mentioned?

Breakfast at Tiffany's :v:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Gyshall posted:

It's a salad... only bigger... with lots of stuff in it?

Tomatoes the size of volleyballs!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

... a pinkish hue?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

T. Finn posted:

George has ketchup problems.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

:wtf: on Yahoo sports:

"Seinfeld Inspires Texas Rangers' Lineup"

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Macaluso posted:

I love when George flips out when Jerry says he's not going to go through with the threesome.

I love any George freak out really

It's like discovering plutonium... by accident! :psyduck:

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Leovinus posted:

I know I sometimes spell Jerry with a G... and an I! :haw:

Hahaha I have never seen Jerry as big of an rear end in a top hat as he is in this scene.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

socialsecurity posted:

I love Seinfeld and still watch it to this day. But I have not seen the return in Curb yet, how was it overall?

Fantastic. I just plowed through the season again this weekend and I keep picking up on subtleties that refer to Seinfeld episodes. The DVD has some great extra features including a featurette about recreating the sets after having them in storage for 10 years. Watching Larry and Jerry's reactions to seeing them is great. It's a perfect way to wrap it all up without overdoing it.