Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The Stranded is probably my least favorite episode. I don't know why, but I often skip over it if I happen to be watching the 3rd season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

MokBa posted:

I always get really surprised when an episode I've never seen comes on.

clockworx posted:

Amazon has a "One Day Sale" for the complete series, if anyone's interested. $85.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VECAEE/ref=ord_cart_shr?t=slicinc-20&tag=slicinc-20&ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

MokBa posted:

I don't have $85. :(
That's a shame.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

safety dan posted:

Elaine got drunk the most. That was the key to her vault, if you'll recall (he schnapped me!). She also fishes the vodka out of the shopping bag when she goes to meet Vincent from the video store and he turns out to be 15, which I think is a hilarious gag.

There was also an episode where she wandered into Jerry's apartment carrying around a six-pack. Forget which one.

Comments are made at least a couple times about Jerry not really drinking:
- In The Stranger, when Vic Mackey is alone in Jerry's apartment and Kramer walks in. He asks Kramer if there is anything to drink. Kramer says Jerry wouldn't have anything, but he may have some of his own.
- Hennigans scene, Jerry mentions that he had been using it as paint thinner.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

BlackJosh posted:

This scene kills me every time.

What episode is it from?

The Fix Up

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

jojoinnit posted:

Kramer: "Look, you gave this comedy thing your best run and you had some fun, made some good observations, but this Bloomingdales manager training program; that's the future."

I could be remembering that quote wrong, but I've always liked it.

Pretty good from memory:

quote:

KRAMER: Y'know you've given this comedy thing your best shot. Yeah, you had
some good observations, but it's over. Now, this Bloomingdale thing, that
could be the next wave.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Eclipse12 posted:

That seems like the premise, but I swear it happened in the show, and a later season. The problem being that with an 8-9 foot ceiling he only had about 4 feet to stand up. Now I'm questioning my whole existence.

That did not happen on Seinfeld.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

GET MONEY posted:

Where is the clip starting ~1:54 where Jerry diabolically leans into the scene from? It's the only one in the whole (amazing) video I don't recognize and I must watch that episode immediately.

That is from "The Mom & Pop Store" when Jerry is crashing Tim Whatley's party.

tk fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 30, 2011

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Riptor posted:

Frank is insane. In what world is "Manssiere" a better name than "Bro"

One where you aren't trying to sell to frat bros.

pyromance posted:

I have no idea how he ever succeeded in the real estate business those first few seasons.

He was a real estate agent in Manhattan. How hard can that really be?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

OctoberBlues posted:

Yes, because I will probably watch it all in like 2 weeks and disregard all other work/social obligations. :colbert:

Watch it at a friend's place so you feel like you're out.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Doghouse posted:

Which episode is it when some woman breaks up with Jerry and says, "You're not a real man," to which he replies, "Oh yeah? Then what is that sports coat doing in my closet?" - or something to that effect.

The Suicide

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Red Fructidor posted:

Thought you guys might appreciate this, made it for my friend for her birthday. Huge Seinfeld fan, obviously.
Presenting The Fusilli Becca:

Isn't that rotini?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Was the internet a part of any Seinfeld plot? It is kind of funny to think we used to call Moviefone to find out what was playing.

At the end/beginning of The Betrayal, Nina is talking to Jerry about the "world wide web" and "e-mail". Jerry asks her if she is a scientist.

In The Yadda Yadda, Jerry finds out that some marriage he was waiting out ended and she already re-married. Upset that he is late on this news, Jerry remarks that he's "gotta get on that internet."

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

jojoinnit posted:

I've googled the quote but I cant find an episode number. Any help? I'm getting somewhat excited that there might be another episode of Seinfeld I can experience for the first time. :hellyeah:

The Understudy
6x24

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Macaluso posted:

You know watching this, did they have people go out and record driving based on the driving the characters did on the show? Because it never felt like they were in front of a green screen because the recorded traffic and surroundings always reacted correctly to Jerry and Co. in their green screen car.

I would imagine you would get the driving footage first and then have the characters react to that.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Martytoof posted:

It seems really obvious because you pointed it out here, but honestly if someone came up to me and said that, it might sound familiar but I probably wouldn't place it as a Seinfeld joke right off the bat unless I'd just watched it recently :(

I bet I would catch it if they had a good George-esque delivery.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

jojoinnit posted:

So I found something at a used bookstore today...

Are you now master of The Entire Domain?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Epic Mount posted:

Oh, that's nice. Nothing's more satisfying than diddlin' the maid and chewing some gum.

sophisticated

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

stratdax posted:

What was Kramer going to get for that anyway, like 200 bucks? Wouldn't a card like that be worth tens of thousands of dollars?
Not without Morgan's signature.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I know the D is the biggest. I base my whole life on knowing the D is the biggest.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Mike Tysons CARFAX posted:

So I've seen every episode multiple times and have all the seasons but I've never seen the finally and never really had an urge to. I vaguely know what it's about (please don't spoil it) but from what I could gather from Curb is that it wasn't very good? What did you guys think?

It's been discussed here before, but some factors contributing to the overall negative reaction:
-It was very hyped, and they tried to make it a "special" episode. They would have been better off having a standard episode that hints at where the characters go.
-It aired right after series overview clip show. Part of the fun of the episode is seeing old characters, which you lose after watching the clip show.

I would say you should watch it. There's some good stuff in it, especially the first half.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

I can't remember what episode, but there's one where some middle-aged woman screams out,
"Oh my GOD!!!" at something Kramer does...maybe George?

That's the end of The Puffy Shirt when the homeless dudes are wearing the puffy shirts.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

mojo1701a posted:

Thanks to the magic of DVD, I have finally fully watched the Keith Hernandez two-parter. I'd seen bits and pieces here and there, and tried to put the whole story together, but finally, I understood it all!

Though it was weird, since the DVD put both parts together in one mega episode. The pacing is just weird, especially since part 1 ends on "And you wanted to be my latex salesman," but the episode keeps going. It's like someone continuing a joke even after the punchline's been said.

According to epguides.com, it originally aired as a hour-long episode, so you're experiencing the real deal:

code:
34     3-17      315       12/Feb/92   The Boyfriend (1) 
35     3-18      316       12/Feb/92   The Boyfriend (2) 

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

CaptainHollywood posted:

Watching deleted scenes is the equivalent of watching new episodes I've realized.

I had never seen this before. I laughed. Poor Elaine (and Jerry).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3m78AYT4Mk

Not the best clip, but it would have been worth including just for the obituary comment.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

It wasn't even a bad job that he hated, it was his dream career!

They had a pastry cart you wouldn't believe.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

safety dan posted:

Also, was George not 100% in the right with the Big Salad?

It's still Monday morning, and I may be a little tired, but I'm having trouble thinking of a situation in which George is wrong about something.

Maybe the plan to make the roommate switch. No way that would work.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

GigaPeon posted:

He probably should have left the marble rye thing to rest with a simple "Oy, my parents... :rolleyes:"

Okay, that one was definitely unnecessary.

notsoape posted:

How about when he ogled that fifteen-year-old's breasts.

What, is he trying to win an Oscar?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Jerk store was a terrible comeback, but I love the arm motion George does every time he says it while he's storming out of Jerry's apartment.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

piratepilates posted:

How does the actor behind Bania not get more work? He is so drat funny as Bania and to me always felt like a reborn Jack Lemmon.

You're a closet Bania fan!

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

greatn posted:

Bags of chips are too. You don't pull apart, you just tear at the notch!

This is ridiculous. If you start tearing in then after eating 1/4 of the chips you'll have a rip 3/4 of the way into the bag. It's a disaster.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

I think it's The Mango from Season 5, where everybody steals Jerry's oral sex "move" - I got that totally wrong, it's the episode where Jerry finds out Elaine used to fake orgasms when they were together.

There's one LIIIIIIIITLE problem

The Fusilli Jerry is the one where Puddy steals Jerry's move.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

And the coffee table book that turns into a coffee table.

A coffee table book about coffee tables that turns into a coffee table.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

DrBouvenstein posted:

Saw this is the PYF Awkward and Ugly thread:

"I wanna bite into a big hunk of cheese, just bite into it like it's an apple."

More like PYF Bachelor Paradise Pics.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
When I started dating my current girlfriend, she didn't like Seinfeld. She did not dislike it, but she hadn't really watched Seinfeld. I set out to fix this problem.

Recently we were discussing some social situation, and she said, "there should be an episode of Seinfeld about this." I feel as though I have succeeded at life.

Other important discussion topics:
1) Bro was a superior name to manzier. Brozier is better than both of them.
2) Velcro in the back was a terrible idea. No way it would hold up under the required tension.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Oh, that's terrific... Mulva...

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
If you guys are enjoying Comedians in Cars, you may want to check out David Steinberg's Inside Comedy. It's a little more shop-talk, but I find it interesting enough.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Or Ray's Pizza!

Famous Ray's?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The door? Why would I got out the door? The window's right here.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sash! posted:

Heil five

It was a good bit in the 80's, and it’s still relatable today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
48. The Cheever Letters

Novelist Jay McInerny wrote an appreciation of "Seinfeld" and cited this episode in particular: "Any prime-time television show in which somebody's father gets outed posthumously by John Cheever earns my undying admiration."

66. The Puffy Shirt

Following this episode's airing, Jerry started being heckled in his real stand-up appearances with pirate comments yelling "Avast ye matey!"

102. The Beard

Larry David was the Seinfeld office's secret "Melrose Place" viewer.