Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
After several viewings, I can confirm that the actor who won the audition for the role of Kramer on the show "Jerry" really did steal the raisins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
There is a George Bonanza here to see you.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

kaworu posted:

One thing I can't help but notice in all these clips is the laugh track, it's just so unbelievable awful. It's honestly shocking how used to those I was on basically every single comedy show in the '90s, while now they are (blessedly) very rare. Really distracting when it almost overwhelms the dialogue to the point where you can barely hear it.

Why would they add a laugh track to outtakes?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

Like 10 years ago I saw a commercial where Jason Alexander was selling a self help book called "I know better than you" was this something he really did or was it a commercial for some other show or movie he was in that I never heard of?

Are you sure that wasn't a commercial for the TV show he was in called Bob Patterson?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Barnum posted:

Tell me why
I love you like I do,
Tell me who
can stop my heart
as much as you

Different episode, but it just reminded me of the personal hell that George was in.

That is a bit of a continuity error in the Seinfeld Universe. There was an episode of Mad About You where Jamie found out that Paul had kept the lease on his old apartment and was subletting it. The subletter was Kramer in his Seinfeld apartment.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

McSpanky posted:

I'm reading SeinLanguage right now, currently at a rate of about one laugh per ten pages. After watching the show for so long (mostly the seasons after they dropped his standup bookends) I forgot what Seinfeld's pure comedy was like, and as it turns out the "what's the deal with airline peanuts?" gag is spot-on.

Do you mean gag like people make fun of Seinfeld's jokes because they are lame like what's the deal with airline peanuts?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
How did Kramer know that both Jerry & George were suffering from Uro-Misatosis?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
If only he had been buying a Twix.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

mints posted:

I wish Manny and Harold would have made more appearances. The one appearance in The Apartment is great.

It seemed like they were trying for a potential spin-off or something.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Why are there so many pics of Frank in Korea?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Do you have any in lower quality?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Nothing could be finer than eating in your diner!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
BOSCO!!!!!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Oh noooo. I'm so sorry. It's the Moops. The correct answer is 'The Moops.'

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I was fond of this exchange from "The Virgin":

Jerry: Marla!
Marla: Jerry!
Jerry: George, Marla.
George: Marla.
Marla: George. Jerry, Stacy.
Jerry: Stacy.
Stacy: Jerry.
Jerry: George, Stacy.
George: Stacy.
Stacy: George.
Jerry: George?
George: Jerry. Marla. Stacy!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Der Shovel posted:

This god drat thread. Seinfeld is one of my absolute all time favourite shows (my favourite episodes are the Mandelbaum arc) but it's been a while since I watched it.

I stumbled on this thread, read the first 35 pages and went out to buy the DVDs. Now all I've done for the past two days is watch Seinfeld. Homework? Nope! Work assignments? I can get to them later!

But you know, I think I'm coming out ahead in this trade. I'd forgotten just how amazing this show is.

Good job, Biff.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

precision posted:

Awhile ago there was a question about when Elaine transitioned from "big hair" to "hot 90s" and I think it's right around the Shrinkage episode.

Is that when she became breathtaking?

Konec Hry posted:

Just watched The Secret Code. What a good episode.

Bosco...

I've never seen an ATM with letters on the number pad and I've never heard of anyone with a non-numeric PIN either. Was this ever a feasible event?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I just realized that George's nemesis Riley (Jerkstore) was also Sam's nemesis Gary on Cheers.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Took me forever since it's really not pronounced the same way as clitoris.

Law posted:

I guessed Regina when I first saw it.

It all depends on pronunciation. Clit-TOR-us or Clitter-us? Ra-GEE-na or Ruh-JYE-na?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Relayer posted:

The one joke of his that always really bugs me due to it's ignorance is the one about how orchestras don't really need a conductor. They definitely do need a conductor, so much that the joke always comes off as genuinely ignorant to me as opposed to intentionally ignorant for the sake of humor, like the black box joke.

Not that I don't still find it extremely funny the way he mimes the nervous cello player.

Aren't most of his jokes based on ignorance? If he or his audience knew the answer he wouldn't ask what was the deal with tiny bags of airline peanuts. Remember, Jerry also made fun of a dermatologist for just being "Pimple Popper, M.D.," until he remembered that they also treated skin cancer.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
That's not going to be good for business.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

Alright George, alright. I'm sorry. I'm very very sorry. I'm so sorry that I didn't want your rather bulbous head struggling to find its way through the normal size neckhole of my finely knit sweater.

You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

myron_cope posted:

Watching Notes About Nothing it shows ratings info for the shows, when they were getting like a 20+ rating. Is that the same system that they're using now? And shows like Community get like a 2 at best? Are any regular shows Seinfeld-high these days?

The system is the same, but the numbers don't necessarily represent the same thing.

There are two numbers for the ratings - the percentage and the share. The percentage is the one that is generally reported and is representative of the total number of TVs on that channel against the total number of TVs that were on at the time. The share is representative of the total number of TVs on that channel against the total number of TVs in the US.

The reason I said that they don't necessarily represent the same thing is because the total number of TVs in the US keeps increasing. That means that a ratings point today isn't equal to a ratings point 15 years ago.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

stratdax posted:

So how many people here are just pulling straight from seinfeldscripts.com?

I've been pulling them straight from Seinfeld's Van.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

"Who are you?"

I'm Buck Naked.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

LividLiquid posted:

Paul Reyser's character used to live in Kramer's apartment. Then he moves out and transcends realities somehow making his fictional self real, starting a television show, which George and Susan then watch.

FONTANAVERSE!

Kramer is an actor who appeared on at least one primetime TV show, so maybe Kramer the actor appeared as a character named Kramer who rented his apartment from Paul Reiser, the comedian, who was playing Paul, the character.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Am I crazy or is that a lot of gum?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Well the jerkstore called and they're running out of you!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

Why would they need me? You're their number one seller!

Well, I had sex with your wife!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

MokBa posted:

You're hung up on some clown from SIXTIES man!

One of the best things about Seinfeld is the number of appearances by actors who would go on to have much bigger careers. In this case, a clown played by Jon Favreau.

Not just a clown, Eric the Clown.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

willie_dee posted:

So in the UK Sienfeld wasn't big, Friends was the one that hit it big over here instead. I just started watching it and while it took about 6 episodes to get over how it has aged a bit looks wise and with no mobile phones I think it's great! I say that as someone who doesn't like Curb Your Enthusiasim because I don't like awkward humour (the Office either).

Should I be trying to avoid spoilers, I know Jerry goes to jail in the last episode because of the Oz thread but I cannot even imagine how. I'll probably watch the reunion CYE episode on it's own when I'm done or is that not adviseable?

GEORGE: Why don't they have salsa on the table?

JERRY: What do you need salsa for?

GEORGE: Salsa is now the number one condiment in America.

JERRY: You know why? Because people like to say "salsa." "Excuse me, do
you have salsa?" "We need more salsa." "Where is the salsa? No salsa?"

GEORGE: You know it must be impossible for a Spanish person to order
seltzer and not get salsa. (Angry) "I wanted seltzer, not salsa."

JERRY: "Don't you know the difference between seltzer and salsa?? You
have the seltezer after the salsa!"

GEORGE: See, this should be a show. This is the show.

This is the show.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Alhazred posted:

It's also interesting that apparently there was a time you could get looked down upon if you listened to an audio book without being blind.

They had books on tape, but George wanted a textbook on tape so in order not to pay to have it done, George had himself declared legally blind.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
You can't break up with me! I've got hand!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

BobMcFartsens posted:

Decompressing!

I just watched Puerto Rico Day for the first time. I can see why they didn't air it.

They aired it. They just didn't re-air it.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
When I was a little girl in Panama, a rich American came to our town and he was wearing the softest most beautiful sweater. I said to him, "what do you call this most beautiful fabric?", and he said "they call it cashmere". I repeated the words "cashmere, cashmere". I asked if I could have it, and he said "No. Get away from me." Then he started walk away. But I grabbed onto his leg screaming for him to give me the sweater and he dragged me through the street. And then he kicked at me with the other foot and threw some change at me. Oh, but I didn't want the change Georgie. I wanted the cashmere.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
I loathe you.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
No soup for you!

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Jimmy has a thing for Elaine.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
High Five!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Mrs. Seinfeld, please turn the air conditioner on!