Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I'm slowly making my way through all 9 seasons of Seinfeld for the first time (I've seen the occasional episode here and there. I didn't watch it when I was younger. My dad though is a HUGE fan of it.) I'm so glad I'm able to enjoy these now. "The Contest" was even funnier than I thought it would be, and "The Limo" was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen. And the part in "The Nose" job where Kramer just flat out says "Oh you're very beautiful. You just need a nose job." is one of the hardest I've laughed at something on TV. Currently near the end of season 4, about to watch "The Handicap Spot". I still have quite a ways to go.

The ONLY thing about the show I don't like is the stand up bits at the beginning and end. I do not find Jerry's stand up funny at all.

edit: Oh yeah, and the one where Elaine just yells STELLAAAAAAAAAAA killed me

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jun 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Evil Agita posted:

Anybody have a link handy to the interview of the woman who played George's mom from a few years back? She was complaining about how she wasn't asked to be a regular cast member on King of Queens, and she wanted to play the role of Jerry Stillers wife again but he took the job without her.

I'm trying to figure out if she was joking or seriously mad at Jerry Stiller.

If she is mad about that, she can take solace in knowing that she got to take part in the Toy Story franchise and Jerry Stiller didn't.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So I'm still working my way through all the seasons, and I'm at season 8 right now. I just saw the episode "The Bizarro Jerry".

That may be one of my most favorite episodes of the show. I especially liked the dedication of building an entire mirrored version of Jerry's apartment.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bows1 posted:

Saw a black and white cookie today. Started cracking up thinking of the looks Jerry and the black dude exchange while munching away

I work in a grocery store, and someone bought a big package of black and white cookies, and I immediately thought of Seinfeld.

Tiny Fistpump posted:

Yes this is when some would have you believe the show had gone downhill. Imagine a scoff so loud it breaks windows.

Those people can shut up :mad:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Bobfromsales posted:

After 5 minutes staring at this i thought i caught everything and then the last thing i saw was the frogger machine :aaa:

The Frogger machine was the first thing of Seinfeld I ever saw. Of course I was a kid and didn't appreciate the rest of the show, but I thought it was hilarious how he crossed the street WITH the Frogger cabinet JUST LIKE Frogger.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Supreme Allah posted:

"Woah, woah, back up. *beep, beep, beep*"

"...beep beep beep? What are you doing?"

This is several pages back in the thread, but I recently got through finally with all the episodes after having only seen one or two episodes on TV. And this is definitely one of my favorite parts in any episode. Especially his look of defeat afterwards. In fact that whole scene is great:

Jerry: YeahIbettergettoadoctorbye. That was close! What drives me to take chances like that?!
George: That was very real!
Jerry: She said there's some tractor story she hasn't told me about.
George: Whoa back it up, back it up BEEP BEEP BEEP. Tractor story?
Jerry: ...Beep beep beep? What are you doing?
Goerge: :smith:

In fact I loved that the entire episode he was coming up with ideas and such as if he were a comedian on stage. Really that's just a great episode in general. George wanting to get out on a high note. Jerry and the "it's me" stuff. Kramer getting gonorrhea. Oh and of course Elaine's part of the story with Puddy is just great. Patrick Warburton's delivery on every line in that episode is just hilarious. "Oh that's BOGUS man!", "Oh whaddyou care, you know where you're going.", etc. And I love Elaine freaking out about her going to hell and she's like "What do you THINK about that?!" and he's just like "It's gonna be rough." :lol:

Also George is by far my favorite character on the show.

edit: hahaha oh yeah and George's responses about christian rock and god. And then just how much he hates "hip musicians".

"I'm against all 'it's me's. So self absorbed and egotistical... Like those hip musicians WITH THEIR COMPLICATED SHOES!"

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jan 16, 2011

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Smoke monster's gettin upset!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'd like to request when George goes "BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG SAAAAALAAAAAAD". It's so good.

George is the best

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Riptor posted:

Frank is insane. In what world is "Manssiere" a better name than "Bro"

Pretty sure you're the insane one here buddy!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ANSWER THAT drat PHONE!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Me and my friends made alts in WoW each named a Seinfeld character to play together as a group (Seinfeld, Elaine, George, Kramer and Newman, although all of them are misspelled slightly as the names were all obviously taken).

We'll see how long our guild chat can stand all the Seinfeld quotes before they take away our chat privileges :v:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

fenix down posted:

THERE IS NO KOKO!!!

"THAT T-BONE?!"
"No, no T-bone!"
"WHY NO T-BONE?!"
"Why no T-Bone?!"
"CAUSE NEIL WATKINS IN ACCOUNTING IS T-BONE!"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm sorry Seinfeld thread :ohdear:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

I've got an international flight tomorrow night and I've got every season of Seinfeld on a hard drive that my brother bequeathed me. I've seen them all before (I think) but I'm gonna throw a bunch on my phone for the airport.

Anyone wanna suggest some best-ofs for me?

Also I love the idea of a Van Buren Boys gangtag.

The Burning. So many things in that episode are just pure gold.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

T-Paine posted:

The scenes of Kramer getting his mind blown are the best, like when Jerry points out that he's also thin, late 30s, and single and by Kramer's logic also gay, or when Elaine tells him that he might also have a fax machine in his apartment. "You just blew my mind!"

KRAMER: Well, now what are we gonna do? See? This is why you should get a fax and a Xerox.
JERRY: And a dead bolt.
KRAMER: Are ya sure you don't have one? Because there's a lot of stuff in my apartment I've never seen.
ELAINE: Then maybe you have a fax machine!
KRAMER: You just blew my mind!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Jack Bandit posted:

She's not a "me". I'm a "me".

I'm against all it's me's. So self absorbed and egotistical. Just like those hip musicians with their complicated shoes!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

That's a lot of gum! :gonk:

Well there's nothing more sophisticated than diddling the maid and chewing some gum.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's pretty amazing how many of those I could see as actual Seinfeld episodes.

"Elaine tries to return a parfait because she deems it "too tart"; in a bout of superstition, Kramer goes a week without looking at a mirror." Imagine that Kramer part of the story. it'd be great.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

neoboman posted:

^ Is the show in the right quadrant any good?

On subject, The Jacket has one of my favorite Seinfeld quotes, "I paid what it costs!" Jerry's delivery makes it.

Bob's Burgers? Yep. There's a thread in this subforum about it. People seemed pretty split on loving it or hating on the first episode, but the first season is now over and everyone is in love with it. Hooray!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

OnlyJuanMon posted:

That's GOT to hurt....I. Don't. Care. Whereyerfrom.

That's GOTTA hurt! That's... gotta hurt! ...oooooooo drat YOU LAZER GUY

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Leyburn posted:

I think mine might be the "too late for coffee" scene. The genesis of George Costanza, the neurotic nutjob right there.

I love when George flips out when Jerry says he's not going to go through with the threesome.

I love any George freak out really

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I sent "George thinks he threw away his lotto ticket but doesnt want to look through the ever increasing trash during a party"

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gyshall posted:

I don't know how you guys walk around with those things.

Oh it's a scene man

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

bruckner posted:

not that there's anything wrong with that!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j11nvzZc-lI

Ending it with that line was perfect.

I love that episode. Every time one of the characters says "Not that there's anything wrong with that." it kills me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

thepokey posted:

...Uncle Leo?

Oh that's nice

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I think I'm gonna throw up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

thepokey posted:

Alright Schmoopies!

Alright Hobo Joe

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Ambellina posted:

Oh no. My frankfurter fell. Oh no.

:cry:

It was really good :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I love Jerry's rant about Melrose Place when he finally cracks under the lie detector test

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_Sw6by7pig

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

T. Finn posted:

Moments where Jerry is gleefully mocking someone else's misfortune are the best moments in the show imho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm2iNNqj2fQ

You know watching this, did they have people go out and record driving based on the driving the characters did on the show? Because it never felt like they were in front of a green screen because the recorded traffic and surroundings always reacted correctly to Jerry and Co. in their green screen car.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

We're trying to HELP the homeless! It's bad enough we've got some nut out there strapping them to a rickshaw!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

lewd
lascivious
salacious
OUTRAGEOUS

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

And I'll tell you something else, I'm not even going to ask you. I want to know. But I'm not going to ask. You'll tell me when you feel comfortable...

So what was it? Four hundred? Five hundred? Did you pay five hundred for this? Over six? Can't be seven. Don't tell my you paid seven hundred dollars for this jacket! Did you pay seven hundred dollars for this jacket? Is that what you're saying to me?! You are sick! Is that what you paid for this jacket?! Over seven hundred? What did you pay for this jacket? I won't say anything. I wanna know what you paid for this jacket! Oh my God! A thousand dollars?! You paid a thousand dollars for this jacket?! Alright, fine. I'm walking out of here right now thinking you paid a thousand dollars for this jacket, unless you tell me different.

Oh, ho!

Alright! I'll tell you what, if you don't say anything in the next five seconds, I'll know it was over a thousand...

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I must admit that I did not. I just happened to be watching that episode. But I do love it because it's one of those great George freakouts.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Robnoxious posted:

Jimmy gonna put the moooooooooves on Elaine.

JIMMY LOVES THE VELVET FOG!!!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Sash! posted:

GARY FOGEL NEVER HAD CANCER !!

I love the :smug: look on Jerry's face when he finally gets that out of George

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Chicolini posted:

Lovin' that duck lamp

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Slopehead posted:

h8rs gonna h8

Can someone make a gif from the Soup Nazi episode, where he sniffs his bag of soup, goes "Jambalayaaaaa!" and runs off? The way he runs off camera is so good.

Regarding Michael Richards, watching the outtakes from all the seasons, it seems that the higher the season goes, the less he seems to enjoy when they mess up (especially with Julia can't stop laughing at something).

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

penismightier posted:

I got a rubber pencil thing going on here.

John. F. Kennedy... JOONYAAAA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So concerned was he, that word of his poor tennis skills might leak out, he chose to offer you his wife as some sort of mediaeval sexual payola?