Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Like the other day, I went to the bank to make a deposit and the teller, she gives me this look...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Larry David to make a return to Stand-Up

Probably never get the chance to see him over here (Ireland), but I can hope...

Saw Jerry last month in London and it was amazing.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

jojoinnit posted:

You went all the way to London just to see him? How was his act, is it still just "didja ever notice?" observation material?

Yeah, it's only an hour's flight and I have a mate over there. Going back over tomorrow for a music gig at the weekend.

The show was great, I thought. All observation stuff still, but from an older perspective. A lot about family and kids and the like. For me, he was the most professional comedian I've ever seen. Never missed a beat. Maybe not the funniest (Stewart Lee, probably), but it was obvious that this was someone who'd been honing his craft for 30 years.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

This week's Curb was like watching half a dozen Seinfeld episodes at once, with all the various quirky titles and terms being thrown around ("You know what you are? You're a Social Assassin!" "She's verbal texting!" "I'm the dessert referee.") Best episode thus far in the season by far.

I've noticed a couple of Seinfeld jokes in Curb so far this series. Larry being the "Social Assassin" was a lot like when Elaine wanted Kramer to tell her friend to change her haircut knowing he was the only one who could do it. Also, last week when the guy asked Larry to watch his laptop was a lot like a similar bit in Seinfeld where (I think) George is asked to watch someone's suitcase. Can't remember which episode that's from, though.

The most recent episode was great though.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

dog poop n doritos posted:

They repeat a lot of jokes from Seinfeld on Curb. I think there's an episode where Larry and Jeff are on a plane and Larry gets weirded out because Jeff doesn't want to read anything, for example.

Haha, don't remember that, but I can imagine it perfectly.