Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What's the deal with Asperger's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Electromax posted:

Larry David showed up as Bernie Sanders on SNL last night.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Holy crap, I'm rewatching the parking lot and I'm thinking it is the most perfect Seinfeld episode

That's probably my favorite episode.

I don't even know L. Ron Hubbard!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEbQkcjUWk

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

In no universe is there a better pairing than those two as George's parents.

We have the best timeline, in that respect.

Seriously. I just only recently saw the episode cut with the original actor for George's dad and it wasn't good.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Homestar Runner posted:

you're livin in the past maaaaan

you're hung up on some clown from the SIXTIES maaaaan

Replace clown with sitcom and sixties with nineties and people will say this to us all one day.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There's some good moments in season 1 and 2 but the show doesn't get truly amazing until 3+.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I liked The Pen for that reason and wish they went with that formula more with George and/or Kramer only episodes.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Imagined posted:

It's really a shame Michael Richards torpedoed his own career. He was/is possibly the greatest physical comedian alive, aside from maybe Rowan Atkinson.

At least it made for some amazing comedy on CYE.

I want another fake Seinfeld reunion.:smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

JethroMcB posted:

..."Beep beep beep?" What are you doing?

George's defeated expression after this may be my favorite moment in the whole series.

:smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

4d3d3d posted:

It's such a perfect encapsulation of George/Larry David. He got the idea from some inconsequential source, like he saw a truck backing up and thought "Yeah I could use that" without giving it a second thought because he doesn't have much regard for other peoples' opinions until they're in his face. Then he thinks "Alright let's bust this out" days later and Jerry's immediate rejection is something he never considered possible and it ruins him. Like Bania's reaction after Jerry simply asks him why he should lift weights. We all do this to some extent, get some weird idea burrowed into our heads and don't have enough empathy to consider that others might find it alien or offensive. Also it's really funny.

I also like that exchange since that line is something that any hack sitcom character would say but Jerry responds to it like a normal person.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Jerry has been openly musing about bringing Seinfeld back since it seems like every other 90s sitcom is coming back. I think it could work, the fake reunion episode is Curb was hilarious.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/seinfeldtv/status/1015266621680640007?s=21

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jojoinnit posted:

Off topic but anyone seen the newest series of Comedians in Cars? John Mulaney is on and his episode is like watching a dad hang out with his son...

This show really sucks. Jerry Seinfeld is poo poo without Larry David.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

sexpig by night posted:

I mean to be fair some people just don't like that genre of comedy

I’ve met more than one person that said to me that Seinfeld is “too Jewish”. I’m Jewish too so it didn’t turn out well.:crossarms:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That looked like milk to me!:smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

How defeated George looks when Jerry calls out his lame sitcom line is one of the best and most meta moments of the show.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Vietnamwees posted:

drat, now all we need is the actress who played Babs to pass and we'll have the Seinfeld mom trifecta.

She died in 2005.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Hey, Sugar Ray Leonard can eat here on the house.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

RIP. He was great on Curb too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The iToilet, and I thought of it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

TheKingslayer posted:

Am I crazy or does Jerry have an unusual amount of car trouble?

Oh my god, the blood.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Farfel episode is pretty weird.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

They say you grow hair, look a like Stalin!

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I went through the entire show again this year and was happy to report that it’s still the best sitcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I just say show them The Contest then if they want more than just an entire rewatch. Season 1 is a little rough but it’s doesn’t take long to get good.