Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Nam
Jan 14, 2007
We found Charlie
Saw this last night, and haven't seen a review yet, so here it goes.

The Losers is based on a DC comic book series by Andy Diggle and Jock, the movie directed by Sylvain White. Who makes the movie interesting? Well, Jeffery Dean Morgan, who played the Comedian in Watchmen plays one of the "Losers" if you will. But onto the movie.

The story starts out alright, and in the end takes a nosedive. I understood the plot, and its twists, but I also didn't know why some of the characters did what they did. I haven't read the comic, so I could be totally off-base with my opinions, but the plot twists seem like they were written in just cuz'. No real build up.

The second thing I had a problem with was the bad guy, Max. I hated him, and not in the way you're supposed to hate bad guys. The actor was really weird, but that might have been the stupid lines they gave him and the stupid evil things they made him do to prove that he is evil. You know, like explaining your plan to your henchman, or shooting a woman in the face.

The rest of the acting was solid I thought, and each of the Losers was an interesting character. The action sequences weren't that bad either, and kept me entertained.

Also, Zoe Saldana is gorgeous:3:, which was one of the reasons I went to see this.

3/5...3.5/5 if you like Zoe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Cylon
May 5, 2010

This is John Crichton paging Doctor Cylon, pick up the phone imperious leader.
Just finished watching. Chris Evans and Jeffery Dean Morgan are the two stand outs from this film, not counting Zoe Saldana for her being crazy hot.

It's nice to see Chris Evans on screen again, easily got the most laughs from him. He should make a good Captain America when that rolls around, but for now this should tide fans of him as an actor over.

I've wanted to see Jeffery Dean Morgan in more ever since I saw him in Supernatural. He was great in Watchmen, I thought he made a good lead for The Losers.

Enjoyed it, it's nothing special but it deserves a watch.

3.5/5

drinkin ur gfs milk
Jan 2, 2005

by Tiny Fistpump
Hilarious action packed movie about commandos that take revenge on a CIA spook who tried to have them assassinated. The characters have great on-screen chemistry, Chris Evans is great and had me laughing in every scene. The action never dries up during the film and is always over the top. I didn't realize this was a comic book movie (and that's a good thing), it's simply a fun comedy-action that pokes a little fun at the genre. It's got more energy, laughs and story than the snore-fest that is Ironman 2. Worth the admission.

4/5