Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
So how retarded am I if I'm looking at a 2004 Phaeton? I'm looking out for a big, comfy, luxury sedan and I stumbled upon the VW. It seems pretty nicely priced at $21000 with 60K miles. I know for a fact that it is expensive to maintain and likes to break sometimes, but does anyone have anything good to say about it at all? Or should I just keep far away?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dk2m
May 6, 2009
more green cars are always a good thing! how do you like it so far?

dk2m
May 6, 2009

mik posted:

I've become one of those people who are attracted to their car.

Hell yeah, congrats. The S5/RS5 is probably one of the best looking sedans on the market today and that green looks awesome.

flightless greeb posted:

How do you like the virtual cockpit? Idk why I just can't get into digital dashboards even if Audi does have a nice one

The digital dash on my RS3 is honestly one of my favorite parts of the car; the sport setting with the redline flashing is genuinely useful when you're really getting going. I only wish there was an option to leave everything blank but the speedo/tach but oh well.

It helps that the whole thing feels super snappy to use and doesn't look like it'll age horribly compared to something like a C7 Corvette's digital dash. Audi's interior game is pretty unmatched in my opinion.

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Drove the RS3 from Ohio to Denver, and finally got to wring it around the mountains. Hearing a 5 cylinder wail between canyon walls at high revs was unbelievable; it felt like I was driving a baby Group B car.

And the "before" where it isn't filthy from the 1000+ mile trip

dk2m
May 6, 2009
Lol what is going on here

Get the cheap a4 dude it’ll be a good time