Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Mr. Apollo posted:

It's pretty easy to duplicate, just drive over a bump at normal city road speeds and yeah, it's pretty loud too.

I'll call the dealer and see what they say.

Take a video. Whenever I had bullshit intermittent issues with my Hyundai, video proof made proving the issues to the dealer that much simpler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

go3 posted:

The United States is not going to let the EPA hand out a death blow to Volkswagen. It would be the worse thing for US/Germany relations since the Eighth Air Force came to town.

gently caress it, this is how round 3 begins, Germany is always involved

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

neckbeard posted:

next will be the V8 and V12 TDIs, which means CHEAP TOUAREGS AND Q7s FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Oh god I hope this trickles down to the entirety of VAG and their reputation gets trashed. Here's to hoping the idiots around the scandal are enough to affect Porsche 911 pricing. A man can dream.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Dick Trauma posted:

Next up: "VWs found to actually be Chryslers!"

Good God. What have you done.

Seriously though, VAG has deep pockets, but with how much is coming to light with the Diesel scandal, small diesel stop sale, more diesel scandal affected cars,which now potentially includes the Gasoline models, and on top of all that, a stop sale on pretty much all small engine VW's, how much more damage can they take and what do you guys think the future of VW is going to look like financially?

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Lightbulb Out posted:

I think that 100% qualifies as "doing dumb poo poo".

Well it's dumb poo poo done in a very sophisticated way.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

veedubfreak posted:

Brake pressure sensor code. Better replace the ECU.

Sound logic.

Dealer diagnostics are great sometimes.

At least with my Hyundai they got the subsystem right, they just replaced the same part 4-5 times before figuring that *maybe* they should replace the other part of the faulting system. Of course their techs managed to damage the interior a bunch leading to uphill battles, and the dealer waiting area is blah.

If I ever buy another new car again, the dealer waiting lounge is going to be the deciding factor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Yeah, that is a classic dealer scam. Rule of thumb is that you'll never come out ahead on a dealer trade in.

But, what you lose in payment is made up for by a quick and easy sale. Same trade off as a pawn shop. It's up to you whether money or time/ease/convenience is more important to you.