Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copperblue
May 21, 2003
My 2001 GTI VR6 occasionally has the secondary air pump run on startup. It runs for about 1-2 minutes, during which time the car will backfire if I accelerate moderately/aggressively. Is this cause for concern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

copperblue
May 21, 2003

angryhampster posted:

Any trouble codes? I wonder if this an issue with a catalytic converter.

The CEL isnt on, but I'm assuming anything emissions related would turn it on. It passed emissions this year, and seems to run fine otherwise. Any backfiring could gently caress up the MAF or catalytic converter to my knowledge, two very expensive items.

I'm pretty uptight on maintenance, but haven't had it onto the dealer in maybe two years.

copperblue
May 21, 2003

Mathturbator posted:

2001 Audi A6 2.4 Avant (euro-spec). What will cause the brake-warning light to come on, even after replacing the front brake pads (twice)? It's on every god drat time I start the car - the brakes are ok :argh:

Any of your brake lights out? Did you get the new/recalled brake switch installed?