Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
Any experts on the old Vw t25 flat 4's? I have a replacement motor in my new / loving old van and need help finding out a, why it won't start and b, what the gently caress it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
1980 1.9 aircooled petrol.... :(

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
Looking to buy a 1998 Passat Se 20V, 1.8 Petrol Manual. Seller wants £380 and say the alternator is shot and a replacement part come in the boot... Is this a good deal and is it easy to change the alternator over? This is a V6 right?

Edit: oh year 12 month MOT and 3 Months Tax... 154,000 Miles on her. Body work is straight..

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/

Fart Pipe posted:

Its a 4 cylinder and is SLOW and troublesome. 5 speed is a bonus though.

Not worried about it as it's a temp job till I finish my Vw camper project!

Is it a turbo or not seems complicated as I though it was a v6. I know noticing about new ish engines

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
/
So I finally got a new DD and she is a beauty!
http://imgur.com/4wskbgQ
It was £300 quid and its the straightest body for a car that age I have ever seen (not including valuable cars!) The interior is the beige cloth monstrosity but for that money I am not complaining. The alloys look crap and I think the Mk4 ones will fit, am I right? Not a spot of rust and almost everything works. Just the interior light, and there is a short for the lighting behind the heater controls. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Probably don't want to remove the whole dash to track it down though. Oh and the PO didn't include the radio faceplate, will i need an adapter for my regular headunit?

Last VW I had was a T25 camper so this is plush inside :)