Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Are wheel spacers a bad idea?

http://www.ecstuning.com/News/VW_MKVII_GTI_ECS_Flush_Kit_2015/ES2779804/

I like the flush look, but not if they're going to impact performance or safety.

Or warranty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

RIP Paul Walker posted:

The 2.5 golf is a regular torque converter automatic iirc. That being said, I am not a fan of how VW programs their transmissions - even the brand new cars I drove were a little funky. It's probably fine... Transverse VW automatics usually wait until about 100k to fail (also they may have fixed their issues by now... I haven't researched)

Mine's excellent.

:smug:

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

Mine is better

:smaug:

:drat:

2016 Golf R ?

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Sorry this is from a few pages back but,

scuz posted:

Does anyone here use K&N "high performance" drop-in air filters? Is it really worth the bunch of money?

Lord of Garbagemen posted:

KN is hot garbage.

CommieGIR posted:

Not worth it.

You folks mind expanding on this? I just put one in my 2015 GTI. :ohdear:

CommieGIR posted:

People in the VW/Audi thread might buy a German diesel over a US one? Shocking!

Aaaaaannnnnddd...

Ding!
0-50 in 2 minutes? :D

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006
Plugged my 2015 GTI VIN into https://www.vw.com/owners-recalls/ just to check and I got:

quote:

We could not find recall/service campaign information about this vehicle because:

This vehicle does not have an open recall/service campaign;
A recall/service campaign was issued more than 15 years ago; OR
There was an internal server error.

Well that's not very loving helpful then, is it?

I'm starting to regret buying this car even though I love it so very, very much. But all this bad VW news is making me nervous.