Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kwik
Apr 4, 2006

You can't touch our beaver. :canada:
2012 Jetta SE, automatic, 45k mileage.

So, it was pretty drat cold today in upstate NY mid 20s on the way to work, mid teens on the trip home, no issues starting or warming up, ran fine, and about 15 minutes or so into the trip, I went to clean the windshield, and the washer fluid came out, but the wipers themselves wouldn't budge at all. Blades weren't frozen to the windshield or anything like that, and there did not appear to be any ice or other block. It sounded like the wiper motor was running, but I am not 100% positive on that, but I can certainly check on the way to work tomorrow. For informative purposes, it did rain last night, and while I am pretty sure that I did turn the wipers off before shutting the car off, there is a possibility that the wipers were on the lowest intermittent setting when the car started today. I tried the wipers a few times on the trip home tonight, and nothing. It's after midnight, so obviously I'm not going to tinker with it tonight, but it will sit outside all night in the cold. Could this just be a case of it just being the first real cold day, and things being a bit stubborn, or something beyond that? What do I look for tomorrow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU