Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Actually, it's pretty much confirmed that it's a common drop in the DLC. (Goddamnit, I want more DLC :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Policenaut posted:

I didn't think they were so bad.

You of all people shouldn't be talking! How many copies of NieR did you complete?

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Policenaut posted:

The original version of Corpse Party is really different in a lot of ways from Blood Covered Repeated Fear, since I have no idea when I'll be able to overcome my audio issues with recording the games for an LP I might as well tell you about it.

PC-98 is a lot shorter than PSP, mainly because the game was designed to be a contest submission. The upside to this is that they designed it around being replayable, there are a bunch of open-ended events that branch off different endings and you can actually lose characters but still continue playing the game. Corpse Party PSP's entire Chapter 5 is an expanded remake of PC-98, which explains why its so non-linear and has a plethora of obtuse "walking dead" bad ending situations (creepy goth chick's notes, Naomi in the bathroom). The deadly floor goop is way more prevalent, some of the puzzles can instantly kill you if you fail them, and there are a bunch of events and puzzles that never made it into PSP that were really good. If you beat the PC-98 version you'll suddenly understand a ton of foreshadowing and trickery they play on old time fans with the PSP version. The final sequence is also a million times better than PSP's.

The PC-98 version isn't available in English but you can find it by poking around online a little. It's a bit of a cluster gently caress to actually play it because you have to install both the RPG Maker program and Corpse Party, but its a real annoyance because there's like 0 English documentation. I've uploaded what I have right here if you'd like to download it all. If there's no weird problems, all you should have to do is run DanteWin and open file "OPNTITLE.DAT" in one of the CORPSE sub directories. Good luck!

If I recall correctly, didn't the fans "rebuilt" the game on a modern RPG Maker platform? (and translated?)

Edit: http://www.memoriesoffear.com/games_corpsepartypc98/index.html (I believe this is it)

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."
I don't think she comments on it, but people speculate that it's to draw attention to her assets. Boy, I sure don't feel creepy typing that out.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

That story is too damned happy for Drakengard. Just watch as Cent turns out like Dito.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

dazat posted:

I translated Decad's newly released story: All is for Her Sake

If Dito's story was horror, this one is a comedy. At least he loves Four in his own weird way?

I knew there was a catch, but at least it doesn't seem to be one of disastrous proportions.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Renoistic posted:

Judging from this and her own story Four seriously needs to start telling people what she thinks/wants. No wonder she's so frustrated with everything.

Sounds like she's trying to avoid that - since look at what happens to her sisters when they tell people what they want. Remember these women are treated like Goddesses. It may be that she's afraid to fall into the same vices.

Wait: Four's story was translated?

RadicalR fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

Brackhar posted:

Welp, I just played through NieR for the 6th time today. I wanted to show my girlfriend the game, since she's a videogame writer. Man, I still love this game so much, warts and all. :swoon:

Congrats. This game was too beautiful for this world. :(

• Locked thread