Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Goddamnit. Farming for Eagle Eggs is easily a contender for most annoying thing to do in a video game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Just imagine having to do Black Pearls!

*enters town, runs all the way across to both beaches, comes up empty, reloads*

Just like Eagle Eggs! Only you need 15 of them.

I read earlier that people think Cavia was actively trolling the spergonauts who try to 100% complete everything the first time through--after farming for those drat things for 4 hours straight and getting a grand total of ZERO, I think they were right.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

AuroMarshmallow posted:

One question though, when you guys are referring to Part 1 and Part 2 do you mean Part 1 is the first playthrough and Part 2 is the second, or do you mean literally the second half of any given playthrough? Also, if somebody wants to post the four quests necessary to get all the weapons I'd appreciate it. I think I did one of them but I'm kinda stumped, and I'd like to get all four endings without too much hassle.

This is how it works: The game is clearly and obviously divided into two parts--when you beat it and reload your clear data, it will start you again at the beginning of Part 2. You'll play through the second half of the game again, only with a shitload of new dialogue and a bunch of backstory for one of your companions added in (and a new ending). Definitely worth doing, because I'm on the second playthrough and I just got the first key fragment--and already I like how it's done.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 8, 2010

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Renoistic posted:

By the way, regarding ending A:Does anything special happen if you enter the wrong name (the one Youna loves most) or does the game just tell you to try again? Or is it just a fade to black and Game Over? Is it worth trying out?

As someone who's actually done it, I can tell you that absolutely nothing happens. The game goes "Wrong, stupid! Try again!" and gives you the entry box again.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Hooray, I finally got four Eagle Eggs!

...now, on to farming for Black Pearls!

...:suicide:

• Locked thread