Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged
golem-android is both beautiful and dangerous.

OH poo poo, IS THAT A GIANT ESCARGOT?

I VOTE DREADNAUTILUS, IT IS BACKED BY WRATH OF THE FRENCH EATING ITS BRETHEREN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

tecnocrat posted:

I wager this large rock I have found. I have many plans to crush other inferior fleshlings with it, but I am so certain of this victory that I place it "up for grabs", as you humans say.

Eh... I see your rock and raise you the location of a particulary nice pile of carnivorous giant leech bile:

Worth a lot if you know who to sell it to, but that's a whole 'nother bet

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 2, 2010

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

While I am grateful for your help, I must disagree with your assertion. DREADNAUTILUS will win this battle. That shell appears to be able to withstand quite a bit of firepower, and even if the communication antennae are shot off (which they will be), the creature's survival instinct will more than surely be sufficient in developing the strategy of using its tentacles to pull the warthog right out of the mech, which will succeed easily if the shell can take a brief, yet undeniably formidable, frontal assault.

Where I come from the sea life is the dominant planet life form, and I've seen enough land mammals and teched up cyber junkies get devoured by retarded turtlecrabs and seaforns to know when to place my values in the winning corner, which happens to be this DREADNAUTILUS.

They day I don't grease my anchor is the day my ship is overrun by Seadrills and other land-able underwater creatures... Well.. uh.. Hmm.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

I drew a picture on a dried out shell from one of the local crustaceans:

This here is what I'll do with the hog after DREADNAUTILUS is done with 'im.

Shell with picture now on bet along with bile pile

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

That 'End of the World' drink reminds ol' Ado here of Sea Cane Rum, if only the Convocation didn't ban me from ever stepping near Hooper territory, what a day that was. 'Ado Rind, you are hereby banned from every Hooper owned piece of land, and under our law, if you do happen to step near, you will be punished by Dragging or Sprine' with those option you better hope for Sprine. You know what it's like waking up every morning wondering if your Land Leech Grinder has finally be devoured by something naturally bigger than it? I hated the day he grew bigger than my hut, hated it!!

Give me something to drink, goddammit!

Land leeches?
https://wi.somethingawful.com/e4/e40041d6b6dd3a6a00e5c6a2075fd48f1aa5bfee.jpg
Welcome to Spatterjay!

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 15:48 on May 2, 2010

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

toppro posted:

Here you go my friends.

It's been 300 years since someone's done anything remotely close to interacting with me...

How much is this going to cost me?

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

toppro posted:

From what I've heard around the slums these things usually end in tragedy. To prepare for the inevitable bloodbath I hope to make as many allies as possible. And I frankly can not be all that picky. So come drink with me, secure in the knowledge that we shall be staunch allies.

untill I need somebody to throw under the bus of course. Not that I've ever seen a running bus.

Agreed! A bus wouldn't kill me anyway, I'm sturdy! At least, I was 1000 years ago... I don't know if things have changed technologically, but a bus is okay! I'll take one for the team! Have I ever told you about my pet Land Leech?....

tecnocrat posted:

I look forward to collecting this piece of shell plating along with your pile of internal acid. They shall be aesthetically pleasing when I use them to melt down a pile of fleshlings into a cool refreshing joint lubricant.

Haha! I like the cut of your jib! It's a bet!

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

T3hRen3gade posted:

Aww, dat jus' brings back some sore memories. I miss you so much, Walrus. I know yous and Adrian be smilin' down from dat big glowy ball in the sky what makes my eyes hurt when I looks at it.

Haha you talk just like my uncle after his head exploded

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

redjenova posted:

The amount of robots and cybernetic creatures running free here, without the control of their makers, is highly disturbing to me. I see a great number of you are insistent upon the victory of BRUT-05. Just goes to show you what happens when you give these... servants a semblance of free will. I too had a robot slave in the past, and learned that lesson the hard way. Now he's roaming the countryside, unlikely to return. I wouldn't be surprised if his plastic casing was out bleaching in the desert outside this arena, drat his green robot eyes! I find it likely that YOU directionless robots desire your cyborg boar idol to lead you in bloody uprising should we win the victory. There will be no such opportunity.

Now wait a minute, seems like you're quite anti-android anti-cyborg anti-whatever pal, but let's get this straight. Everyone/Everything has a right to be free. I myself am a cyborg, I have my spine and brain but possess a metal chassis with... bits of syntheflesh still attached to... some of my face. The fauna from where I'm from are bastards. The point being, even if I was an Android (which might come to be, this ol' body needs some upgrades! I want hands that fire APW rounds!) and had a crystal with a memcording of my brain, I wouldn't want to be under someone's rule, some rear end in a top hat like you!

Unless of course you mean a blank mind android with no personality or intelligence aside from what you program it to do then I'm very sorry and forget what I said

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Niv-Mizzet posted:

You only possess 'rights' so long as there's no one stronger around to take them from you. That said, all you biped-slaves look the same to my eyes, be ye meat or metal.

Listen flesh, I could rip your furry arms off your body before you can even think about another witty retort. With your primitive technology and your primitive minds, you can't even grasp the level we've achieved. We have minds here that make your gods seem like retarded children. And that's no exaggeration. You've got me fired up rodent, last time this happened, bad things happened to a lot of people... a lot of... hey.. what the gently caress? Why is my hand clenching and opening.. I'm not doing that...

Oh bugger.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

UPGRADE, BITCHES!

Buggeration, that was scary for a second there! Let me tell you, don't go 1000 years without replacing some things, gets dangerous! Oh well, you know what? S'all cool guys... cause I got....

GUNS FOR HANDS!!!

Victory toast! Now.. how do I hold the darn cup

Also, leech bile is not for bet anymore...

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BUGGERING UPGRADES

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Mr. Crane posted:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BUGGERING UPGRADES

Not MY fault you didn't make sure it worked before slapping them in. I suppose despite many years of experience, you can't cure stupid.

Now, what's this lovely business venture I've happened to come across? Fights? Well, blood equals money, and I like money.

I bet 50,000 Quart Shillings on the Seashell.

Barkeep, a drink, if you'd please.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

MrGreenShirt posted:

Gezora thinks to get this mob in the right mood it will supply the first round's drinks on the house.

Wha? No, don't do that! With your popularity and my know how, we could make the biggest, best franchise this universe has ever seen! Trust me!

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BLAARGH

...You had that comin', boy.

Last time I kill one my characters, I swear! SOK Is just so bad rear end...

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

JohnDonovanLiver posted:

WHOA! Glad I was two feet to the left.

I don't miss...

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Dreadnautilus will win.

Brut-05, not enough gun.

toppro posted:

Whisky.

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 2, 2010

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Error 404 posted:

Everyone's drink recipes are awesome. I'm definitely gonna try as many as possible.

fake edit: burning demon set my beard on fire!

This Feller here, knows his business. pleasure ta meet ya sir.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Niv-Mizzet posted:

... Normally I would insult your intelligence in choosing the obviously inferior contender... but I'm just going to move over this way. FAR over this way.

Whichever way this fight goes, I do not look forward to the aftermath.

Incidentally, as an Antitheist, I'm a great admirer of your work.

Haha! It's great so many people know of Preacher! Wasn't sure if many would know where he's from

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

JimmyBiskit posted:

Well well, 's been a while, yeh? How's holdin' the fort down in 'eaven been treatin yeh? Kint agree more w'ya though, Dreadnautilus 'sgot the ordinance and extra mobility to 'andle anythink that robo-boar kin dish out. 'Sides, the boar likes to charge, aye? Well, with th'legs all boosted up, that's fine and dandy, but it's still the boar's noggin smashing face first into 'is enemy, right? Sounds like a course to his own destruction t'me.

Now, I do believe there's some whiskey wit me name on it...

....How's your hand.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

JimmyBiskit posted:

Aye, right as rain, thanks t'the regeneration. Hurt like nothin' I ever felt before, and that was when I was drunk 'n drugged outta me mind. Oh, 'nd after that God-bastard revived me from our deal, 'nother one of those fuckers bit me, 'nd I'm right back te square one. Go figure, right? Oh well, t'pasts the past, righ'?

Oh, almost forgot me bet! Brought with me a big ol' lot of bloodpacks, which were 'voluntarily' donated t'me. Usually keep em around t'keep me strength, but suppose they could go fer a good cause... or whatever yer wee sick minds think up, not my business.

What happened between us is settled. I've had my peace. Reckon you're the second person I've said that to, the other being your Preacher friend. Consider yourself lucky.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BiggerJ posted:

And Sa...Sa...Saint of Killers... I've detected your unique psychic signa... sigga... thingy and... and I've heard a lot about you and... if you're a regeneration of the Master... as soon as we get back, we REALLY need to have a drink together! It's been so bloody long! In fact, even if you're not the Master! I... I... I miss that bastard so much!

A Time Lord's non-humanity is rarely quite so obvious as when he cries vomit.

I don't recollect bein' nobodies master. But I 'aint been one to turn down an offered drink, even if from... queer folk.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BiggerJ posted:

Heh, funny thing, at least one of my incarnations WAS gay... I think... bugger if I can remember which...

Sorry about the mistaken identity, you just reminded me of someone I used to know. Known him since we were kids... completely brilliant in his own way... I'll buy you that drink just as soon as I FIND THAT loving HOLDING CELL!

...gently caress, everyone heard that, didn't they? ...Well, gently caress 'em.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BiggerJ posted:

Oh god, I can... feel that... you're... I remember now... the Angel of Death... a dealer not of good or evil, but of What Must Be... you're not like the Master at all...

You... you're like me...

There is nobody like me.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BiggerJ posted:

...Really?

I am older than you can fathom. The oldest I have been for centuries is 999 going on 900.

I have murdered, no matter how indirectly, more people that you could kill in a million years. I have more names than the Devil. The Lonely God. The Oncoming Storm. Names in languages you could never speak. More names than there will ever be languages.

And do you know what I'm supposed to be doing right now? What I'm running from? I am supposed to be far away, in terms of both time and space. Doing something so wonderful and so, so very terrible. The memorial they will build will be blank. It must be. There will be too many victims to name.

I have done so much good and so much evil. And so, so much death.

That is what we are. Death.

Reckon' you thought hard 'bout that. Reckon I don't care. Simplest thing and you had to complicate it. Killin' is killin', death is death. It's what I am, and what I do.

And I do good.

And they rejoiced.
The devil's kingdom was reprieved.
The angels burden, eons old, was gone at last.
They cut him down down and stood him tall and yelled with joy...
When what they should have done was wept...
For the world...
And for the future.

"It's his voice that gets me.... the crawling grinding whisper spitting hell and ghosts and cobwebs in your ear..."

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BiggerJ posted:

You know what?

I complicated it for my own sake. I always have.

I have lied to myself for a very long time.

I have seen the results of my every act.

I have never been a hero.

I am only Death.

...As soon as the match ends I need to get drunk again.

Drinkin' sounds fine to me, too.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Fatkraken posted:

on the RP front (just my own opinions):

characters should be the means to an end, not an end in themselves. They should spice up and add flavour to discussion of which animal would win and why, and that should be all they do. If you're going to make a post with no mention of the two contestants, then what is it adding for the people reading the thread? not a lot. Remember the purpose of the posts here that are not by the zoofights team is to provide fodder for the main event, the fights.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Reckon Brutos lost because of one thing. Reckon it was not enough gun.

Looks like ##BLOOD 4 OIL has enough gun, and army to boot. Superior numbers, I've seen it a million times.

I vote ##BLOOD 4 OIL

BiggerJ posted:

H...H...HEY! SAINT OF KILLERS! I OWE YOU A DRINK!

Whiskey.

Mr. Crane fucked around with this message at 05:31 on May 4, 2010

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

BiggerJ posted:

<Pops up from behind the bar and slams down a glass filled with 90% pure alcohol and 10% whatever fluids he could find in his pockets>

Told you I'd get you a drink, didn't I?

Normally.. I'd shoot anythin' that popped up infront o' me. I held back just now..

Mind tellin' me who you might be?

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

That's twice now that my predictions have come 'round. Reckon y'all should follow suit next fight, who else to bet with, on a fight 'bout killing than the Saint o' Killers himself.

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Angry Guacamole posted:

I'm predictin' you'll be making the smart choice, that bein' a vote for ##The Sturgeon General.

Reckon' I will. Fish or not, it's got the right attitude 'n an army at its command. 'Aint rocket science.

##The Sturgeon General

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

Space T Rex posted:

Did I miss some memo or something? Did the ## rule get trashed or did everyone just forget?

Whaddya mean? As far as I can tell only 2 people aren't using it, unless everyone else didn't get a memo..?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Crane
May 16, 2009

The deranged

I'm back.

Normally I'd side with numbers, but smarts are just as important in any war. If that thing can build a boat, I'm willin' ta bet your life it can disassemble some lions.

##CROCTOPUS gets my vote.