Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Awesome. Excellent intro video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Six rusted cans on Brut-05, no question. It's a tactical commander with brains as well as brawn. Firepower is about equal, and the lack of brain cells in that overgrown sea slug makes it a sitting duck.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Huh, even that rotten overgrown piece of gooseneck can tell what's gonna happen. I'm imagining something like this:

Feel free to paste this all over Survivor City, they'll be sure when they walk into Terrordome and smell that sweet sweet toxic waste that this is pretty much what they'll be seeing, provided they don't get ulcerations on their eyeballs beforehand. Snake Preview doesn't have a chance against ##Blood 4 Oil, it's a lone, full-blooded backwater monstrosity against an efficient, all-consuming swarm. Future vision right into the ultraviolet won't help it if its fate has already been premediated.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Ooh yeah. Right through the skull. Called it this time, at any rate.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Schazer posted:

Huh, even that rotten overgrown piece of gooseneck can tell what's gonna happen. I'm imagining something like this:

Drew that up with my last tin of motor oil. Seems pretty pre-conclusive. Don't get me wrong, I miscalculated on that useless pile of pork that was BRUT-05 - and it cost me a nice six cans, it did. I'm not infallible like your purported snake.

Didn't have an avatar drawn up when I did the poster... but I've probably done my share of roleplaying/threadclogging between fights so I'll probably drop it now anyway.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Hmm... tough call. As testament to the fact we're all surviving here despite circumstances killing off most other life on earth, I'm tossing my vote in for ##Smash Gordon. Even if he's not as bright as us, he's made of the same stuff when it comes down to it. And the dog's gotta count for something, right?

Bananachin fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 7, 2010

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Dangit, that's only one out of three... gonna have to get better at this. I guess I should start with breaking down the combat prowess and tactical efficiency of the two opponents... oh man. ##Croctopus-For Only 6 Billion Rupees is wanting to build a boat? That's just adorable. Toss in a vote from me for the little guy.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Damnit, I missed a shot at a gorrlion dollars because I was sleeping? I really should cut that out. Still, rather entertaining watching people rip other people apart. Will attend again.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
He built a boat <3 This... this was the most deranged thing I've ever seen. Kudos.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Jesus loving crap on a stick this is a stunning fight.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

Akumu posted:

After a hard day of surgeoneering in the, ahem, medical bays, I saw the most curious thing this evening. A pouch sat atop a note in the middle of the hallway, and I just caught sight of a small figure vanishing down an unused branch of the pyramid tunnels. I hurried after it, but down the darkened corridor there was neither hide nor hair of it to be seen. Returning to the items left behind, I found a pouch full of pure indium ingots and a note with impeccable English and the worst pensmanship I have ever seen. It read as follows:

"Dear Doctor,

I seek from you access to dexterity-increasing nanites, which are well within your security clearance. They are crucial for what lies ahead. I have left a more than adequate down-payment, and on receipt of the technology more will be forthcoming. Leave the syringe here at this time tomorrow.

Yours Sincerely,
XXXXX"

Weird. Earlier this morning on my usual scavenging through the scrap piles at the Rail Yards, I heard a noise like a drill biting through metal plating. Now, you really couldn't blame me for just about pissing myself in thinking Croctopus had gotten loose and was still wandering round the ruins looking for a nice figurehead for the mast like myself, so I hunkered in a chest freezer and got my polaroid ready so at least the croc would have some nice pictures to pin up in his cabin.

Instead, this is what I got:

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
That lion is serious freaking nightmare fuel. Caveboy's screwed.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Jegus gently caress. Gonna have to go with ## Gorillesis Mk. II. I mean, anti-gravity's only gonna be so useful, and the harpoon could be used to close the gap necessary for that 'canned tuna' to be any good in this fight. If it gets to close quarters, the dolphin's royally screwed. Not even all-over protection from that sting; if it comes down to a blow-by-blow Gorillesis can outlast any laser fire to poison or spear that cetacean.

Bananachin
May 1, 2010

darkwolf220 posted:

Wow, that was horribly one-sided. I expected better. That makes two fights in a row with a disappointing ending, even though my choice won. This next battle seems to be evenly matched and I will be..... disappointed if I am disappointed again.

Really now. This is free excellent entertainment being brought to you by a bunch of volunteers who are working really hard. Stop being a douchebag (even if it is "in character" or whatever) and enjoy what these guys are putting together for you.

Goes for everyone griping about how this is "short" or whatever. It was a full fight and I enjoyed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananachin
May 1, 2010
Holy.

*slowclap*