Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

Hang on Sloopy posted:

This is my second year in the Bioengineering crew for the fights. The wandering lifestyle of a cannibal horde lonely vagabond made me change my name--last year I was Monkeys With Guns.

If any of the old Loser's League crew wants to contact me and tell me your ideas, kindly do it.

Welcome back. Let's make some animals do horrible, horrible things to one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bash Ironfist posted:

I'm sorry but clearly a robotic Unicorn is superior to any 'fleshy' animal. :colbert:

HARMONY HARMONY OOOOHH LORD

you will fail

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Angry Guacamole posted:

This is gonna end poorly, I can see that poo poo clear as fuckin' day. Birds mergin' never ends well.

reduce your image size. it keeps coming up the full.

e;fb

I AM THE ATOM CORP EXECUBOT. STOP. WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE SCRIBES AND ARTISANS. STOP. WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE SCRIBES AND ARTISANS. STOP.

ESPECIALLY DIGITAL PAINTERS. STOP. WE COULD REALLY USE SOME OF THEM. STOP.

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 2, 2010

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I WOULD LIKE SOME MOTOR OIL. STOP. MIXED WITH BLOOD. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I AM GLAD THAT THE NEW FORMATTING HAS BEEN INSTITUTED. STOP. ALSO, THE LL IS POTENTIALLY INTERESTED IN ANIMATORS. STOP. WE LIKE MAKING THINGS AWESOME. STOP.

WHAT IS THIS PENGUIN WITH A SHOTGUN YOU SPEAK OF QUESTION MARK. STOP. IT SOUNDS BADASSED. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I CARE NOT ABOUT COMPETITORS. STOP. ONLY ABOUT MAKING THEM BETTER ONCE THEY HAVE FALLEN. STOP.

BUT I DO DESIRE BLOOD. STOP. AND OIL. STOP. MORE SHOTGUN PENGUINS, BARKEEP. STOP.

THE BOAR IS STILL WARM. STOP. ITS DESTROYED CARCASS AMUSES ME GREATLY. STOP. PATHETIC FLESH BEASTS WITH THEIR BODILY FLUIDS. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

POOR FOOLISH CREATURES WHO SUFFER DEATH. STOP. ROBOTS ONLY SUFFER BEING TURNED OFF. STOP.

MOMENTO MORI. STOP. FOR ONE DAY WE WILL ALL SUFFER. STOP. THAT DAY IS PROBABLY SOME TIME DURING THIS TOURNAMENT. STOP.

ATOM INC REQUIRES LEAD. STOP. LOTS OF LEAD. STOP. WE NEED TO STORE THE SNAKE FOR NOW. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

##vote DEATH AND DESTRUCTION OF ALL HUMANITY. STOP. AND FOR MORE ATOM EMPLOYEES. STOP.

I'll post MF and my conversation that lead to the above comment after the fight

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 8, 2010

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hang on Sloopy posted:

:siren:IMPORTANT LOSER'S LEAGUE INFORMATION:siren:

Hey all, we're going to do a Loser's League meet & greet/planning meeting at 7 pm EST on IRC. This chat is for people contributing illustrations/animations/colors/sculptures, so if you want to make something for the Loser's League but have not already been emailed the server and chatroom names, please email me at kineticnovels at gmail dot com and I'll give you the information.

COME TO THIS OR YOU WILL BE MURDERED. STOP. BY ANGRY ADMINISTRATIVE ROBOTS. STOP.

PENGUINREDUX ON AIM OR ALEX DOT NAGLER AT GMAIL DOT COM WORKS TOO. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I AM SURPRISED THAT NO ONE HAS MENTIONED A SHIP OF MEAT. STOP. A MEAT SHIP.

http://www.somethingawful.com/d/comedy-goldmine/meatship-seinfeld-script.php

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

If you guys keep stealing all the parts what are we supposed to make the loser's league out of?

WE CAN REBUILD THEM. STOP. WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY. STOP. WE CAN MAKE THEM STRONGER, FASTER, WEIRDER THAN BEFORE. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

WE THE MANAGEMENT WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT THIS WAS DONE BY MEANS OF A FREAK RNG. STOP. I PERSONALLY WOULD HAVE LIKED THE BEE APE TO WIN AS WELL. STOP. WE WOULD LIKE TO REMIND YOU THAT THIS IS DONE BY MEANS OF RNG. STOP.

I'M KIND OF PERSONALLY PISSED I HAVE TO MOD THE BEE-APE. STOP. I'D HAVE MUCH PREFERRED THE FISH FOR MODIFICATION PURPOSES. STOP. LETS FACE IT. STOP. THE BEE-APE WAS AWESOME AS HE WAS. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ravenkana posted:

Huzzah! One of the greatest upsets in Zoofights history! I think the only other major upsets were Nam Yeti's victory over Burger Lord and Rammonite stopping the F-bomb with the power of rock.

BOTH OF WHICH WERE loving BADASS. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

OH gently caress. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP. MUST NOT MAKE INTO A GOD BEAST. STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Stalgren posted:

Wooooosh pretty soon we will run out of creatures

Thank you for this. McGarry was and still remains my favorite LL creation.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heran Bago posted:

I know I've seen one of these guys around here!

YOU RANG? STOP.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

I have been outfitted with a functioning mental transponder and can now transmit myself without stopping at the end of every sentence.

Tomorrow night, the Losers will be presented and you can begin feasting upon their failure for your amusement.

Artists are still needed!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
:siren::siren:MAKE WAY FOR THE LOSERS:siren::siren:

When competitors fail in the first round, they're horrid, mangled creatures normally not worthy to keep alive. But thanks to massive doses of anti-depressants, we've willed the to fight again and set about modifying them. After being retooled, they are ready to enter the arena once more under the banner of the Losers League, fighting for their second chance. Most will die in the process. Some will become urban legends. All will try to emulate the sheer badassery that was The Walrus.

ROUND ONE

HOG WILD

Brut-05 has lost his legs. To make up for this, we've equip him with a wheel chair of death, pulled by 3 rabid hyenas. His chair is now his throne, draped in animal pelts, and he seems to have acquired Damien Hirst's "For The Love Of God" through some duplicitous means. Weapon-wise, he still possesses his rockets from the last round, but we've added more small arms to his arsenal for easy use in the chair. His hyenas have a strong bite and can easily tear through flesh when let lose, plus their speed combined with the chair's mobility makes Hog Wild extremely agile.

VERSUS

SNAKE PILGRIM

Snake Pilgrim has come unstuck in time.

To put a finer point on it, chronoreactive particle buildup has increased to unheard of levels, resulting in temporal instability. Our top men have rerouted the quantum flux through reinforcing steel plates which should maintain molecular cohesion, but closed time-like eddy currents continue to form around the snake, twisting its timeline into a pretzel. :techno:

Randomly zotting in and out, never sure which second will follow the last (except of course in infrared), Snake Pilgrim's life has become even more of a nightmare hellscape than ever. Which future is he seeing? Will it come to pass? Unpredictable, full of rage, and crackling with technomystic energies; this is not a fifty-foot long anaconda to be trifled with.

The fight will take place this time, Thursday evening. Artists, as always, are still needed.

VOTING STARTS NOW

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ghost Hat posted:

Waiting 8 hours at the airport helps.

edit: ignore me

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 26, 2010

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

The Mad Hatter posted:

And with this, VOTING IS CLOSED

stay tuned for the fight, later tonight!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
poo poo BE GOING DOWN

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
ROUND TWO

Newer Labour

Gordon has been destroyed. His bodily support was decimated in the coalition of barrages he received from a combination of conservative spearing and liberal applications of rays. Nelson’s gone too, off in his tiny bulldog rocket. So, to rebuild him, we’ve put a lot of work into de-Stirwing him. And by that, we mean we’ve built a massive amount of weaponry into him and put his head in a jar to make sure he’s actually alive. Expect more rockets, more guns, and more firepower than should be legally allowed in the hands of a Neanderthal out of the mighty forces of NEW-ER LABOUR

VERSUS

Extreme Mammalian Magnetic Artillery (E.M.M.A.)

It was decided that what the lions needed wasn’t more gun, it was more lions. Specifically, more lion heads. Attempts to scuttle the now-seaworthy lions failed, resulting in a mess of lion parts that were frighteningly still alive. Realizing that the mush could be molded, we took a lion shaped jello mold to it and created EMMA. Now the gun the lions failed to utilize properly in the first round has been internalized and can be operated by whatever’s left. The ammo has changed, though. What we need are more lions. So, we’ve installed six cloning tanks on its back to pump out rounds of lion heads for the gun to spit out. These heads have a shelf life of only a few moments, but they pack a powerful bite upon impact.

The fight will take place this time, Sunday evening. Artists, as always, are still needed.

VOTING STARTS NOW

edit: Size Comparisons.

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 03:15 on May 29, 2010

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Gestalt Pie posted:

I don't think this is getting full attention, and i had to go back and re-read, but that IS what it seems to say, isn't it?

The Croc had a boat. He built his boat with hammers and nails. HE NO LONGER HAS THIS BOAT We took his boat. We blew the boat up. We put his boat remnants in an ice cube tray THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Xguard86 posted:

I think the one sided voting will ease up when we get to the winner's league. I've had a pretty easy pick so far, one fighter is just way more awesome, but I am pretty conflicted for some of the later fights, and I imagine the voting will be pretty close.

Nelson was partially our fault. Originally, we were going to have the thread flooded with dogs doing mischievous things, but it never came through.

Also, gently caress the haters. I love Mr. Ro-boto-cop.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
:siren::siren::siren:YOU ASKED FOR IT. YOU CAN'T UNASK FOR IT.

LOSER'S LEAGUE FIGHT FOUR!
:siren::siren::siren:

The Long March

If the DPRK wanted to maintain control of The Great Leap Forward, they would have won. They didn't. Those responsible for the failure have been executed and the creature has been sold to the People’s Republic, who have subsequently done with it what they do best: reminding everyone that it is the people who are the heroes now. The Long March is a mixture of martial and agricultural know-how. The fact that it is body was nearly destroyed doesn’t seem to have deterred the PRC. They’ve taken what remains of what used to be a bug and attached everything to a threshing machine that sits the head once was. We're assured that while the head may have been taken clean off, the remaining thoracic ganglia ensure it can still act and feel. and that the Party has told it stories about how KMT-supported vegetables raped and murdered its family to get it good and riled up. World War Two era weaponry rounds off the bug, which can now double as anti-air should any Zeroes attack it during the fight.

VERSUS

The Bloody Onion

With its loss, the Bloody Onion gained a taste for blood. We are genuinely frightened at what it can do now that it's gained mouths. Several technicians have gone missing. Their families are frightened for their safety and fear the worst. We're afraid we'll be visited by dead relatives soon. We keep finding new tendrils and mouths. This one wasn't here when I started talking. Please don't make us stay in the room with it for too long. It can hear our thoughts.

VOTING BEGINS NOW

Voting closes at noon on Saturday. The fight will take place Saturday night!

Spoonsy fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 4, 2010

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Neige posted:

Superior intellect can tell that while the Long March has superior firepower and posseses a body seemingly-suited towards the destruction of his opponent, the key factor here is regeneration.

Has your collective intelligence forgotten about the sprout that grew out of nowhere during the introduction of the challengers? The Long March can shoot, blast, shell and even cultivate what it can from the Bloody Onion, the Bloody Onion will grow back, fresh as the morning's amiotic fluids and eventually rip key machinery parts from our Korean friend.

Because Korean workmanship worked so well last time.

Voting for ##Bloody Onion and expecting fascinating things to grow from all this. Ha. Ha. Ha.

Foolish mortal! A thousand generations of curses upon you, you running dog.

The Long March is not Korean! Claiming that he is of Manchurian stock is an insult to the laborers who worked so diligently upon his frame. You see, Comrade, The Long March is of the Soviet! He is a true Chinese patriot, ready to fight and die for the glory of the People's Republic.

Oh yeah. Class on Revolutionary China paying dividends. Whats up, hat

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
THE VOTE IS CLOSED!

STAY TUNED FOR THE FIGHT ... SOMETIME IN THE NEXT 36 HOURS

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Major Failure posted:

Amazingly, just as I was about to close voting, this vote (even though it wasn't properly formatted) completely evened out the scores.

Close loving thing - :siren:VOTING CLOSED:siren:

As the person who did the vote count, I will second this. It's dead even, save for the guy who voted Nelson and the two people who voted friendship.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Major Failure posted:

Lesko, you've got some sonic to play, son.

for the record, which game are we playing here. 6 emeralds or 7?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Hazo posted:

:colbert:

LL did it first

:colbert:

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Zero Star posted:

What I want to know is, how did the Zoofights crew manage to dismantle Croctopus' boat without being utterly eviscerated in doing so.

You see that Lion hat?

We put it really, really, really, really far away. And then we told him to go get it.

I have never seen anyone disassemble anything that fast. Ever.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mazzak posted:

We have had a vision! A vision of CROCTOPUS

Click here for the full 764x637 image.

Click here for the full 726x637 image.

YEAH

And with this, voting is closed. The match will start at 7pm GMT, the fight around Midnight, assuming anyone's sober enough.

Go USA

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

mistaya posted:

Erm, remember folks: There is no losers league for the defeated after the first round. That was the last we'll see of the General.

(Which is why you should take voting at this point very seriously!)

There you are wrong!

The General is currently in counseling. He won't stop screaming, though.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The Voting Is Now Closed.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Blaster of Justice posted:

##Punchules The Magnificent will rip you apart for this decision.

The Gods of Zoofights have allowed your vote.

(seriously, though, you were saved by me and MF arguing about Vuvuzelas. I hate them, he finds them to be funny.)

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

MrGreenShirt posted:

Gezora would love to co-present the loser's rumble! Gezora will start liquoring up and working on its vocal exercises right away!

When will it be? Unfortunately I just moved and I probably wont have internet for the next few days and can only post from work. Dammit random happenstance, don't mess this up for me...

IM me to discuss. AIMs in the profile.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Heran Bago posted:

I think we've a bigger problem to worry about.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Ubik posted:

Looks like Eggman...

...should have bet on the walrus.

YEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This and that beautiful rap are my favorite things to come out of this fight.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

If we're having fun with fire, can I play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Is that by the same guys who did Frisky Dingo?

And Sealab