Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
My first attempt at doing Wall-e's Eve :

quote:

I love to handsew, and have handsewn all my softies. I only don't machine sew becuase I find the small scale quite difficult (I'm used to sewing quilts!). You could definitely machine sew though.
I hate handsewing and that's part of what keeps me from doing plushies. Is it possible to use transparent thread to avoid slip-stitching or would that still look bad ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross_
Aug 22, 2008
Do you guys have any suggestions on where to find cheap foam ? Foam blocks for toddlers are quite expensive and just sewing a vinyl cover would be simple enough. Basically I want to make a 10" cube like this:

Brainbread posted:

Edit: I would also take the photos in natural light. Flash, or indoor lighting is just plain /bad/. Take them outside, or by a large window during the day to take a photo. To put in perspective: If I take a photo of light blue in my basement, it looks /brown/ due to Tungsten lightbulbs.
A well done studio shot will beat an outdoor lighting photo any day.

You can buy one of those light tents mentioned in the previous post or do it yourself. Just get some white bedsheets and position the lights some distance behind them so the entire sheet is lit up. Put your camera on a tripod or something sturdy, turn off flash and switch it to Tungsten white balance (if you use CFLs things are more involved). Instructables.com has a nice approach where you hang the bedsheets from an upside down chair or table and just place the object in the middle.

• Locked thread