Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squid Inc
Feb 12, 2011
A friend of mine is a huge homestuck fan, so I decided to make her a plush of her favorite character:

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, except maybe for the Scorpio symbol on her chest. I think next time I'll take a page outta Brainbreads book and go the way of the iron on. Also, I'd been working from the wiki image (I'm only about three chapters in, which means, as usual, by the time I finish it, it won't be cool no more) so she's probably missing a sleeve or a mechanical arm or two.

The hardest part was probably the horns : three squares of different coloured felt that refused to turn inside out when I wanted them to :/

Any suggestions for turning really tiny things? My fingers will thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squid Inc
Feb 12, 2011

Brazilian Werewolf posted:

If it's REALLY tough you can just set up a needle with thread, then sew through the end to pull it through. Then you just snip off the thread/knot and you're done.

Wow, thanks. This is a really fantastic idea. I've been using a knitting needle up till this point but I've always been a little afraid to push too hard in case I tear through the fabric or stitches. Getting a nice pointy tip on some thing has always been a problem, so this should definitely help (I'll have to tie an extra big knot methinks for the felt). Thanks.

Squid Inc
Feb 12, 2011

Brainbread posted:

Woah. She just sold for $430.

To be fair though, I'm not even an MLP fan and I think she's adorable. Are there any that you've made and kept exclusively for yourself? Cos I can just imagine you creating your own small kingdom of ponies to lord over. Awesome *re-enters childhood*

PiratePing posted:

Sometimes I feel like I'm going about this whole "earning money" thing entirely the wrong way. Maybe it's time to just quit my job, infiltrate *insert crazy fandom* and take all their money.

Man, I know how you feel. I got a bit of interest in the Vriska doll, and inspired by brainbread, headed over to the homestuck forums to hock my wares before....discovering the creator had explicitly asked people to refrain from doing things like comissions and stuff :(
I'm not sure what his stance one plushies would be, but I shot him an email anyway, asking if it would be okay (which by now has probably slipped to page eighty of his unread emails).

Never mind, at least I now have a small army of half-made Vriska plushies waiting to be possessed :)

• Locked thread