Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Until January, then GS-13. Also our agency's payscale is like 10k over the DC area payscale.

edit: non-compete up to GS-14 also. possibly best job in the entire federal government. read and weep

edit2: I'm going to hit the statutory salary cap soon though thanks to overtime :(

when is the goddamned hiring freeze gonna be lifted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

sigmachiev posted:

Seattle is the poo poo but for jobs I dunno. There's Microsoft, Nintendo and Boeing but none of these are actually in Seattle (two in Redmond where I grew up and one in Renton). I don't know what exact type of company you want to work for but unless it's one of these three there aren't too many other big games in town.

Don't forget the rapidly imploding biotech sector!

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

entris posted:

Could someone explain the term "landman"?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landman_%28oil_worker%29

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

the strange thing is that retail pharmacy (i.e. CVS) is considered by all of her peers as the "poo poo option," but it pays better than working in "Clinical" pharmacy, like 120K vs. ~100K.

Its the poo poo option because you have to deal with the general public. Ask a retail pharmacist what their biggest headache at work is and they will tell you "customers".

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

Defleshed posted:

It's kind of nice to know we have an unseen audience reveling in our misery.

I consider myself one of those unseen watchers. Its like a train wreck in slow motion.

Speaking of which: "Can a Computer Do a Lawyer's Job?"

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2011/02/can-a-computer-do-a-lawyers-job/71238/

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

diospadre posted:

Was that the first Scantron test you ever took or something?

I've taken some Scantron tests that let you use blue or black ink.

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

seacat posted:

Still looking for the first don't go, no jobs, be miserable, die alone, etc post of 2012.

(Yes, that's my favorite type of post ITT. Does that make me a bad person? :()

I lurk this thread specifically for those posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plester1
Jul 9, 2004

I Am Not A Lawyer but I can say I've enjoyed Pinche Tacos while drunk in Denver.

edit: I cannot speak for their authenticity, however, as I am not familiar in the study of the One True Taco

plester1 fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Feb 24, 2012