Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
New thread!
Under the MPC if you conspire with someone through 5.03(2), are you liable for their actions as under 2.06?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

JudicialRestraints posted:

MPC? Are we in the magical realm of make believe because to the best of my knowledge that's the only place this fruity poo poo applies.

It's tricky, because our prof told us to bring our NYPC's, but all his previous exams have been from the MPC. Except one.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
So we had an eight-hour takehome. Strict 1L curve. Strict eight/five page limit for the two questions (you couldn't even write the answers nine/four). Twelve point font and "standard margins," which I took to be one inch (which is standard, right?) I now hear that there's at least one student who just moved the margins so he can write more. Professor is a nice guy, and probably wouldn't do anything if he notices it.

Should I mention the margin/font issue to him, that I heard that there were students that bent the rules for themselves and I was kind of pissed when I heard (which could make him watch out for it/maybe downgrade people). Or should I just do nothing?

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
I wanted Harold Koh, but it was a forlorn hope.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

sigmachiev posted:

Normally I would say do what's best for you, which would be tell the prof. But your net benefit here (one less person fighting for an A) isn't worth what could end up being a serious consequence for this dude depending on your honor court. Let it slide and let karma work it out.

My advice changes if you dislike this person or if money is on the line.

I actually do (mildly) dislike the guy, but would feel uncomfortable making a decision on those grounds instead for general fairness/equity reasons.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Would he mark down for that, if he notices? Or would he default to thinking that it's not a big deal, and then change his mind when a student brings it to his attention?

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Well, I've decided not to do anything. But Feces, how are you saying "people will cheat will get theirs?" How will people get theirs if nothing happens?

For the record, I know a girl who actually cheated on the LSAT and got into American University LS from that. Of course you can say, "lol she is in law school she got hers amirite?" but then there's necessarily some kid out there who's going to a not-as-good law school, who might have done much better otherwise.

I guess the difference is nobody will know if she cheated on the LSAT and hopefully the prof can just look at the margins...

PS Good luck to you too.

billion dollar bitch fucked around with this message at 04:45 on May 10, 2010

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Holland Oats posted:

How did the girl cheat on the LSAT?

By looking at the (smarter) kid next to her's paper.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
When the ship sinks, they throw the cargo over first to save the crew. (not to be a dick or anything)

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

holybartender posted:

This is the worst maxim.

no man if you use it you're totally gangsta

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Yeah man I'm from the hood. Here is one of my homies.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1518023398072470110rLjlIg

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Feces Starship posted:

:words:

Jesus Christ, I said I wasn't going to say anything, about five posts ago.

billion dollar bitch fucked around with this message at 15:51 on May 10, 2010

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
I don't know the actual mechanism (whether she looked at the scantron, or maybe the kid next to her circled his answers on his workbook?), but she 1) told my friend she had cheated and 2) jumped from sub-150 to over 160.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
stop going and see how long it takes for them to stop paying you. :v:

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Why would the schools actually want to do this, instead of just taking some kid's money?

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
What a stupid interview. I wouldn't work for that company anyways; they seem like dicks

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
suitchat: woot.com has a nice garment steamer right now.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Legislation final is tomorrow; the professor told us which set of cases to look at for the exam. I haven't read them yet.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Posner and Easterbrook: which one's the legend, and which one's the god?

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
yeah, since apparently people don't interpret it in the limited way the case was actually decided.

But anyways, DONE WITH 1L YEAR so i'm gonna play mah computer for about ten hours.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
no

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
I dunno - it could be that she's just not a dick.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

newberstein posted:

I apologize in advance but I am going to keep my question fairly general because I don't want any goon detectives bothering my relative.

I have an uncle who is a dean in a completely unrelated department at a T14 school. What I want to know is how much of an impact will this connection have when it comes time to apply. When I emailed him all he said was that when I submit my application, let him know. I didn't want to bother him so I left it at that. Realistically, if it were me applying like any other person I would probably get wait listed at best, and thats purely because I am Mexican. Once again sorry this is so vague.

edit: I have a 3.4 GPA and the practice tests that I have been taking make me think I will score in the 168-172 range

URM + your scores = you could probably get in regardless.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

nm posted:

Public Defender chat:
Court furlough day, so I'm home and indulging in something horrible.
COPS.
This is like watching a horror film, yelling at the screen: "NO DON'T CONSENT TO THAT SEARCH!"

Seriously, when the cop says "You are free to leave," why don't people leave?

Surprise. Fear. And knowledge disparity. And an unwitting trust of the police. And an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Yes, but at least he doesn't write about dolphin loving.

http://www.sexwork.com/family/dolphins1.html

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Duper posted:

Signed up for the October LSAT. The next few months should be fun as hell...

If you don't have good reading comprehension, you never will.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Remember, at the NALP conference in April, Leipold produced a slide showing all the ridiculous things law schools are doing to make it look like more people are “employed,” or to generally try to mitigate the effects of the recession:

1. Created or provided on-campus or post-graduate jobs: 42%
2. Increased the number of public interest fellowships: 31%
3. Provided financial assistance for bar exam related expenses: 12%
4. Extended access to student health benefits for recent grads: 12%
5. Expanded LRAP (loan repayment assistance) eligibility/increased LRAP benefits: 9%
6. Provided emergency loans otherwise not available: 5%

How are items two, four, or five "ridiculous"?

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Sanhedrin posted:

No one has mentioned the All Things Considered group interview with GULC 3Ls about the job market: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127041058

Honestly, at this point I feel like we already all get the message. I am just going to stick my head in the sand and not listen to all this depressing crap, because it's really too late now.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

_areaman posted:

Here's my school of hard knocks folder for when I want to scare people

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_NJmEn8Tw

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Red Bean Juice posted:

reflections on the law review competition

beautiful, dude. you have a gift.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
so how is it having a retarded girlfriend?

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

CaptainScraps posted:

Maybe she just has a slanted view of the situation.

I wouldn't call her view slanted, just narrow.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
You went a long way for that one.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
i suppose it was a long march, but you won in the end

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
I'm sticking with the "girlfriend is retarded" angle.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Everyone should stop trying to go to law school and start doing something useful!

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
In other words, Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
i think i am going to go into the government, because i want to have a nice life before i'm 60.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Jove posted:

Help me dear goons! I just got my financial aid package back from HLS. Turns out I'll be owing roughly 125K after three years.

Assuming I find myself square in the median at the end of 1L, is it still worth it?

I mean, on the one hand, HLS. On the other, don't go no jobs die alone. Eh?

I have about a month until I sign the promissory notes.

As a guy paying sticker for columbia....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
to be fair, a lot of those schools hover around 98-99, or are just plain TTTs. And nobody should go to those schools anyways. Although I think if you're too stupid to get above 155 on the LSAT, you may not be smart enough to realize that TTT is a bad thing.