Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

Godzilla vs Kong was loving awesome.

Im a sucker for "giant monster/mech fights giant monster/mech" so despite their flaws I liked both previous new Godzilla movies and Kong Skull Island.
GvK is the best one of them yet, not perfect but it hit all the sweet spots I wanted it to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQG6FdnMmlQ

No big, just Galaxy Quest on YouTube for free.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Memento posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, gonna rewatch this ASAP.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Memento posted:

Mars attacks is also free on YouTube, but with ads. ACK ACK

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

If it has ads then it's not free

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo, Bad Trip with Eric Andre is loving hilarious.

Some of those people he comes across, I honestly feel kinda bad for some of them. But drat if this movie isn't hilarious.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN

Started watching Formula 1: Drive to Survive on NetFlix . I don't know anything about Formula One racing but had thought about getting into it and this seems like a good introduction, follows teams kind of behind the scenes through a season. It's kind of like All or Nothing or Hard Knocks but for racing teams. The locations, car engineering, whole production of F1 seems pretty amazing. The slow itself seems well done, amazing camera footage inside the car first person views as well as crazy HD slow motions of these fighter jet-like cars blowing up in crashes.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Bored As gently caress posted:

Holy poo poo, Bad Trip with Eric Andre is loving hilarious.

Some of those people he comes across, I honestly feel kinda bad for some of them. But drat if this movie isn't hilarious.

I'm pretty sure Eric Wareheim was one of the EPs on his show. Andre is basically Tim and Eric with pranks.

I'm too anxious to watch pranks, but I've always loved his "opening monologues."

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Lol.i halbve already saod i inferno circstances wanttpgback

Been going on a binge of Gaunt's Ghosts audiobooks and I ran into a problem, see if you can get it. The audiobook titles go like this:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 13, 14, 15.

This is cool and good and doesn't piss me off at all

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Been going on a binge of Gaunt's Ghosts audiobooks and I ran into a problem, see if you can get it. The audiobook titles go like this:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 13, 14, 15.

This is cool and good and doesn't piss me off at all

God drat, that's annoying. So... loving... ANNOYING.

At my job, we frequently have various versions of a file, and we don't use "versions" functionality because it can do weird things, especially if you want to revert. When I help on-board someone, I tell them, don't use that "v1 v2 v3 v4 v4.1" stuff. Use dates. And don't use M/D/YY dates. Use YYMMDD. Otherwise, January can be followed by November and December before you get to February, and the days similarly skip around.

Leading zero's, people. Learn it. Know it. Live it.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

I think the joke is that they skipped book 6 through 12 more than that.
Which is still kinda annoying I will admit.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Cooked Auto posted:

I think the joke is that they skipped book 6 through 12 more than that.
Which is still kinda annoying I will admit.

Oh, ha. Duh.

I'm just so used to seeing 1, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 2, 3, 4, etc. that my brain just went there immediately.

Admiral Bosch
Apr 19, 2007
Who is Admiral Aken Bosch, and what is that old scoundrel up to?

Finally started watching Miami Vice after meaning to for a while and I have a curious desire to go look for white suits and pastel t shirts.

opengl128
Sep 16, 2010

Y'all should check out the new Harley Quinn cartoon on HBO. It was not on my radar at all, I figured it was just another of the countless DC cartoon shows. Nope, it's full on gore and cursing and is basically a DC Venture Bros. Show is hilarious. Bane does "the" bane voice.

ZebraBlade
Mar 26, 2010

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark

opengl128 posted:

Y'all should check out the new Harley Quinn cartoon on HBO. It was not on my radar at all, I figured it was just another of the countless DC cartoon shows. Nope, it's full on gore and cursing and is basically a DC Venture Bros. Show is hilarious. Bane does "the" bane voice.

Harley Quinn is really good but I don't get the comparison to venture bros.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

ZebraBlade posted:

Harley Quinn is really good but I don't get the comparison to venture bros.

I do. Mainly, it comes through in how they deconstructed the DC comic book universe. In-universe, the regular people know that superfolk are around, but largely they just live in a mostly parallel world that only intersects when villainy is in progress. To keep anything from actually ending the world, villainy is regulated by at least one group that acts as a governing body and trade union of sorts. You can become a member, there are different levels of membership, there is a hierarchy system in place, villains of different levels of ability are handled appropriately... basically, the Legion of Doom (or whatever they call it) is the Guild of Calamitous Intent. And while the superfolk aren't shown in a strict, OSI-like group of their own, they too play by certain rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Watched JoJo Rabbit. Thought it was really drat good. Scarlett Johansson actually nailed the little subtleties of German women pretty damned well. I wasn't expecting to like the movie, but it won me over. It took an absolutely wretched subject matter and made it light without disrespect.

I think it was going to get a little more grim than it did, though.

(That one eyed Nazi charging into battle with a cape made me laugh pretty hard.)