Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Casual gunplay indoors with no one minding the noise almost has too many examples to list.

On the other hand there was the scene in I think "Snatch" where the guy fires a shot from his handgun indoors and it left everyone holding their ears and grimacing.

Another pair:

Casually flicking squashed bullets off your bulletproof vest is a nicely dramatic gesture also with too many examples to list.

But in Training Day when the bent detectives are setting up/staging the evidence for their raid (robbery), two of them intentionally take a bullet in the vest from the (now dead) target's small-caliber holdout gun. It seems clear from how it goes down that getting shot in a vest is not pleasant and is actually (gasp) risky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

padijun posted:

I didn't like 300 either, am I retarded?

The movie about the screaming half-naked mostly hairless musclemen? I don't know about retarded but you're sure not TFR

The Eyes Have It
Feb 9, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

mlmp08 posted:

I kind of wonder if other people whose hobbies and professions show up in movies all the time get as pissed off about them being done horribly as firearm enthusiasts do.

A long time ago some friends and I went to watch some random movie. We watched "Relic". (It's sort of a B movie horror/thriller, with the typical DNA-combined monster plot device) Having gone in with no (or low) expectations we were actually sort of pleased when we left, it was not so bad as far as such films go.

Then we all realized that WE'RE thinking "that wasn't too bad" but the molecular biologists in the front row are probably all going "Oh, COME ON!!" and rolling their eyes.

I think the week before or something we had watched "Hackers"