Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Bad: The Matrix had an Uzi spewing .223 brass. Minor, given the rest of the movie, but it bugs me.
Good: The scene in the beginning of Big Jake where the bookish one shoots the new semi-auto wildly, then John Wayne calms down and says "He's had his six shots!" and then out come two more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Pulp Fiction was a few pages back, but in the same scene, I like that not only did major car wrecks gently caress up the people involved, but also when Butch was about to shoot Marsellus in the pawn shop, he acted like a person about to shoot a gun inside without earpro.

Also, History is making a show called Top Shot. The graphics look like it's going to be a piece of poo poo. Confirm/deny?

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

LvK posted:

You're completely right. It didn't even occurred to me that sugar glass wouldn't have been around yet.

(stuff tastes like caramel and doesn't get out of your teeth )

Seriously? It's basically hard candy.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

walrusman posted:

I'm watching Family Guy since I never watched the second run when it was on TV. At the beginning of s04e12, Peter take out a SxS shotgun with two barrels and a pocket full of shells. He breaks it open, loads four rounds, and fires five shots.

Counterpoint: In Reno 911!, Deputy Junior brags about his .357 magnum .50 cal that shall not be named.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

BarkingSquirrel posted:

Besides, your arguement about it not hindering the watching of the movie is bullshit as you're looking at the bottom of the screen instead of - ya know - the movie.

You got two eyes, don't you?

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

" Does it kick?"

Ow. My blood pressure.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Young Freud posted:

I do wonder if this will finally close the coffin lid on her. Probably not, but I'm sure some Palinite hunter is watching that, wincing from her sacrilegious errors to all that is firearms usage and safety, and reconsidering her as a viable politician.

Her intended audience might actually expect that's what a woman hunting looks like.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Netflix has the DVD, but not streaming.

Time to reread this thread and spam my instant queue.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

So, it follows death around? Calls it 30 times a day?

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

This thread has some uncomfortable Revelations.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

22 Eargesplitten posted:

There's no way Top Gear takes up that little of the BBC's budget. The settlements to avoid lawsuits when Clarkson insults something have to cost at least that much.

BBC just issues a strongly worded apology, then Clarkson makes fun of them on the next episode.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Flikken posted:

In the sequel when soldiers would call a female officer "sir" triggered a twitch of hatred from me

Actual question: what are the rules on this by service, and what do most people actually prefer?

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Cyrano4747 posted:

I just watched Captain America last night.

There was a higher proportion of real history to BS in that than your average History Channel nightly lineup, and that was a movie about a superhero fighting a dude with a laser shooting luger.

Were the Nazis developing secret laser technology? Find out on tonight's episode of "Goofy poo poo We're Pretty Sure Would've Won Hitler the War"

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Cyrano4747 posted:

Jewish nuclear scientists.

This right here.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Naramyth posted:

After writing her final report to starfleet she should have been shot for endangering her crew instead of promoted to admiral.

They're promoting her past her uselessness.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

NosmoKing posted:

How good a movie is Downfall? It's so good, you feel bad for Hitler. You're watching this movie and you feel bad for this old man who's plans are coming apart at the seams.

as gently caress.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Sperglord Actual posted:

Counterpoint: being stalked by fangirls who want you to literally suck their blood.

Poor bastard probably either thought Harry Potter fans were as bad as it could get, or didn't really know what he was getting into.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

BitBasher posted:

I hate to ask, but at 28 seconds in wouldn't the IPSC superhero have been disqualified because his gun ended up pointing backwards towards the crowd?

one procedural may cost your life

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I'm fond of the Apollo program.

I think this needs more love.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

yes, everything.

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

gizmojumpjet posted:

I've been watching Spartacus Blood and Titties and I like all the blood and all the titties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thermobollocks
Jul 5, 2009

GET A DILLON

I was watching Adam-12 because I'm a dork, and I'm pretty sure one of the shotguns has the front sight on backwards. The kind that's ramped with a plastic insert.