Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Fat Ogre posted:

The Strangers is one of those movies where a gun would have solved 99% of the problems with the movie and sure enough when the protagonists find one they hole up in a closet to wait out the night. Problem is when their friend comes over to check on them without yelling out. He walks upto the closet they are hiding in and gets killed by them laying in wait for the killers that had been loving with them the whole movie. They freak out drop the gun and run off into the night to get killed later...

I just like how it showed part of the 4 rules of knowing your target before firing.

Yea, but if I were in that situation I would have shot anything that moved too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Capn Beeb posted:

I'd like Mythbuster gun myths a bit more if they shot at Kari.

Before, during, or after her pregnancy?

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

DJExile posted:

loving KIDS IS NOT THAT HARD

Granted that was also a show were children were in constant fear of being grabbed by a terrifying looking shaman and dragged into darkness, never to be seen again.

This sounds like the Catholic Church.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

bulletsponge13 posted:

The premier of Justified last night represented everything that is right with TV- hell, the entire show is the what every show should be- well written, great acting, consistent, and over all entertaining.

Did anyone else have the "Holy gently caress!" reaction when Raylan came into his room to find the icepick rear end in a top hat there?
The scene with Boyd entering prison was one of the best executed scenes of the series for characterization and building anticipation

Yep. Definitely one of the best shows on television, for sure.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

LingcodKilla posted:

What is with all kids calling it "dubstep" instead of just techno? I'm feeling pretty old right about now.

But where is the drop? Isn't it supposed to have a drop?

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Framptonlive posted:

I could never get into Southland. I must be broken.

Me either.

Deadwood needs to be added to that list. Great loving show.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Scratch Monkey posted:

Boardwalk Empire season 1 just came out on Netflix DVD. Not sure about streaming.

Yes, this too. Also catch up on Game of Thrones. I'd add Eastbound and Down to that list as well. Maybe RJ Berger.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

infrared35 posted:

Then the others do as well, I suppose. So if it sort sounds like dubstep, but came out before dubstep was a thing, it's okay?

Lords of acid sound nothing like dubstep. You watch your filthy whore mouth.

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

This. Oh my loving god this.

I'm almost done with Season one at this point and it's like a loving Deadwood family reunion. So far I've spotted that preacher who died of a brain tumor, Dan, Johnny, and Harry (the young-ish bartender at the saloon Hickock was shot in, the one who wanted to be fire marshal). Any others that I've missed in Season 1 so far?

There are a lot of them. Do you also watch Sons of Anarchy? The preacher was in that too, and he plays this really eccentric AUSA. He plays wacky really, really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Stormy
Apr 1, 2003

iyaayas01 posted:

Armed with what? Pamphlets about Canada's reasonable gun control laws?

e: All the Canadian related jokes in tonight's episode were hilarious.

It doesn't matter where WE are, Noob Gingrich.