Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

heh, this thread makes me realize that the majority of you don't remember movies very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

More Bad: Enemy at the Gates, AKA "Century Arms Catalog: The Movie." Every single loving gun in this movie except for one or two MGs is straight out of Century's stock ca. 2002 or so. Every Russian in the world has a m91/30. Every German in the world has a RC K98k. Sniper rifles? Look closely and all are clearly repros built off of those. I think there is a single belt fed MG in the whole film and one Mp40.

http://www.imfdb.org/index.php/Enemy_at_the_Gates

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Cyrano4747 posted:

More or less like I said - every one of those MGs has about 3 seconds of screen time. Also, the pictures from the variations on the Mp38/40 are all from the same sequence. The PPsH is only in the scene with the retreating soldiers.

Forgot about the pistols, though. The TT33 and Nagant were also available through Century at that time!

The Luger never comes out of its holster that I recall. Chances are it's rubber.

lol I doubt there was even a Luger in the holster. The Mp40 and PPsH do show up in multiple scenes but not for very long.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

DJExile posted:

I don't disagree with a thing here, but pointing his rifle at his buddy right at the end was pretty funny with the "You're zeroed for a thousand rounds, might want to aim a bit lower..." line.

Sniper was Tom Beringer and Billy Zane

Shooter was Marky Mark

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Frag Viper posted:

A direct quote from my friend
"If the surroundings were safe to do so, we'd just crew serve that fucker with whatever was mounted on our ride"

Isn't that what they tried to do from the get go but the dude got sniped?

priznat posted:

Ronin

The Bad:
* "He sprayed the bullet with teflon!"
* SPAS-12 and SPAS-15 (french cops I guess - the SPAS-15 is kind of cool though just because you never see em)
* Some kind of mockup LAW type launcher that doesn't look that convincing (although the scene is still pretty badass despite probably an impossible shot)

The Good:
Some pretty cool guns including
* Sig P228 (Sam)
* Glock 17L (Gregor)
* Beretta 93R
* Sig rifle (imfdb sez 551)
* Shootin into playgrounds with crazy raceguns

The Ugly:
* Where the hell did that Russian guy hide that gun when he got in Gregor's jeep

I always figured he had it in his crouch. The racegun was just his Glock 17L with a silencer, scope mount, and eotech.

JEEVES420 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Roundboy posted:

Since quite a few of the pa goons that shoot together have similar, if not the same gun, we have shot akimbo a fair number of times. While difficult, it is possible to hit a man target pretty solidly. And there is a convergence point, but adjustable.

The idea behind akimbo is that your weak hand is laying covering fire while you aim with your strong hand.