Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to PARTAYYY!

Fun Shoe

Fremry posted:

The show is about testing a myth, not "making it work". In movies, you always see someone shoot the lock and then they gain access. That's the myth they were testing.

Also, in Lost there are definitely AKs. I remember them because they were low-cap AKs with the 10 round mags and missing compensators.

Yeah. And in one episode's final moments, you have Locke load up a G3 set up like an MSG-1 sniper rifle, and then they never show it again, ever

I love(d) that show, but gently caress, whatever company provided the armory and whichever company or armorer or trainer provided the training, or lack thereof, for the actors, needs to be loving shot.

OH HOLKY gently caress THEY HAVE M4s AND THEY'RE SHOOTING AT US, LET'S HIDE BEHIND THIS WHITE PICKET FENCE :whew: THAT WAS CLOSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Here's a quote from the The Hurt Locker thread in Cinema Discusso way back when:

ZenMaster posted:

Jan 23, 2006

[quote="ape canyon"]
I don't think anyone would have a problem with all the dissatisfaction with this movie if it weren't framed as "Hey, go ahead an love every second of it, but just know that it OBJECTIVELY SUCKS." It might not be exactly what you're trying to watch, it might come across a little flat to you, but there's no reason to just sort of sit on the internet all day and tell people that an almost universally acclaimed movie is a piece of poo poo because hey, you say so. Trolling gets really boring really fast.

It's not trolling to have a legitimate opinion. There is some trend in America that says you can create tension in a film in any way you want.

I say you can't. If a character MUST enter into a dangerous situation, due to his or her job, personal motivation, or circumstance I say fine, that can be real tension and very good cinema. But to force your characters to make a dumb decision to create false tension is so transparent and lazy, most people will scoff at it.

Sending the girl to the basement to find her friend when there is a knife wielding maniac in the house is a sort of joke or cliche in highly fictional movies... you think, "you idiot, don't go down there", but it's supposed to be cheesy and unreal.

This is not acceptable in a film based on real events (the war on terror) and real people (the bomb squads in Iraq). I know the film is not based on anything specific, but it is based in reality, not horror or science fiction, understand?

Soldiers do not act this way, people who know better and have expert training in these areas do not act this way.

Question: Why would they be dumber than I am, when I have no training at all in their areas of expertise?

The Hurt Locker presents us with dangerous situation after dangerous situation that didn't need any extra yowling from the ham-fisted writers who ruin, yes ruin, all attempts at tension by making the characters act foolishly, or in a manner no sane person would act. Sorry, these motivations do not fly in a movie like this.

Take the opening scene. Ok, so they were going to kill off Guy Pierce in the script. Fine, no problem.

You already have placed him in a tense, dangerous situation and the audience knows his motivation for being there: it's his job, he has been ordered to defuse bombs in Iraq, trained and leading a team, and his job (if done correctly) protects innocent people and his fellow soldiers.

You can find a million plausible reasons to get him over to that bomb. The charges didn't fire, the robot breaks down, some kid is near the IED... No, you have a flimsy cart which breaks and so Guy decides to walk over and stand over the bomb which could be triggered at any second. He could fix the cart, use the robot to deliver the charges, or any number of things to keep his face away from a big pile of explosives, but no, he walks over to them, they tell us any place within 82 feet is certain death, and doesn't let the robot do it's job.

To create... TENSION! I say, wow, what a dumb rear end. I would never do that, you could do (insert 100 things smarter) instead of walking over to a remotely activated cluster of bombs when you have no idea when or how they will be triggered. They certainly made enough noise entering into area and clearing it out, I would bet the terrorists know they are there to defuse the bomb and will have no choice but to set it off if anyone gets close.

I might be able to see him risk walking over for the robot or a child, but certainly not the cart.

Also, why would the terrorist with the cell phone stand on the street in full view of the soldiers to activate the bomb? He could have been inside behind a wall, on a rooftop. I am not this dumb, no one is this dumb. Why when he was spotted did he give them a full 20 seconds before he even started dialing?

It was for... TENSION! The scardy-cat coward won't shoot the terrorist... the terrorist stands deciding on whether or not to detonate, the commander is running away from a spot he never should have been... oh the tension!

-Guy should never have been near the bombs.

-Terrorist would NEVER stand in the street holding a cell phone in full view. He had no idea the guy who turns out to be a coward would not have instantly put his rear end on the ground with a bullet. He would not have hesitated for so long with a gun in his face.

-Oh, and let's throw in a coward who won't fire at a person (even at the ground for pete's sake) ready to kill his friends.

So the terrorist is standing in the doorway of a shop holding a cellphone and nervously pacing. The soldier clearly sees him, is instructed to fire and is portrayed as such a coward, he does not fire (having over 20 seconds to do so) and causes the death of his teammate.

That is fake tension, and is maddening. That is writing the characters to be so dumb, they cause themselves to die/more danger in every scenario than they should ever be in/danger to other around them. You may protest and say "Well, the soldier didn't know if the guy was an innocent or a terrorist, he wasn't sure!"

You stick a gun in a person's face and yell at them, and an innocent person will retreat inside. The guy stood there forever holding the phone up like an imbecile.

They do this over and over and over.... They have tons of tension by the characters just being where they are, doing the job they are doing. Why do they need all the extra crap to ruin it?

Why do they present problems that any rational, untrained person would look at and say "Hey, I shouldn't do this, and I could easily do this other thing and not be in any danger" and then make their characters do the opposite, to put themselves into more danger, and choose the most dangerous path, or ridiculous motivations..

Why? TENSION!!!!

They had it on thick without any help, and decided to ruin it by slathering on more and more until it became unpalatable.

Stop saying these are trolls, they are not. If you look at the movie, these flaws are unmistakably glaring.

EDIT: I am not trying to come off as someone trying to tell you not to enjoy the film. Go for it, I am upset this even ranked as a contender for best picture of the year and they ruined the film (for me anyway) by taking the tension already there and piling on more and more ridiculousness to try and add to it.

And another one from Arkane

Arkane posted:

You're stuck on the profession thing.

Look at it this way (dumb analogy incoming...its late, pardon me): your movie is the Verizon Guy is lost in the woods and has a broken leg and needs help. He fashions a raft and escapes through the white water rapids to safety. Nice movie...it has drama, a plot, and action. Problem: why the gently caress didn't he use his Verizon Guy cellphone? Where the hell are the 5,000 people who follow him around?

These aren't just minor nitpicks like the Verizon logo was the wrong color; they are HOLES in the script. You don't have to be a Verizon employee, i.e. that specific profession, to sit there and wonder why he isn't just using his cellphone and slowly getting more and more annoyed by it. Eventually your suspension of disbelief disappears and you're just mad at the movie. Good movie premise gone bad by un-believable scenes that make the (poor) assumption that their audience wouldn't know any better.

There wouldn't BE a movie if he just used his cell phone. Just like there wouldn't be a The Hurt Locker if he was punished for throwing that smoke bomb and putting his team in danger 2 minutes into his first scene. To repeat the other example, if they had a loving radio, nothing in the sniper scene would've taken place. How do we solve this? Um...we don't. Enjoy!

The movie went far, far beyond the realm of rational fictionalization. I was, to be honest, shocked that some of those scenes made it past pre-production. It propped up the premise of "War is a Drug" with poorly thought-out, poorly researched scenes. Scenes that would never, could never take place. So yeah, maybe this fictional reality that Boal has created, war is a drug, but why am I watching this then? If nothing is remotely applicable to reality, then it's just art imitating...nothing. It's a stupid character doing stupid stuff for a couple hours. But that's the trick of the movie. Boal brings up his embed creds and now it's all about how "realistic" and "gritty" it is. Load of bullshit, and a slap in the face. But people eat it up. This guy was embedded, this poo poo is the REAL DEAL. And Tony Scott, of all people, was hoodwinked by it: " “The Hurt Locker,” directed by Kathryn Bigelow from a script by Mark Boal, is the best nondocumentary American feature made yet about the war in Iraq." Yeah, not quite, dude. This movie is ACTUALLY about a deranged lunatic who does stupid poo poo for a couple hours while the filmmakers make elaborate sets so we can pretend he is somehow related to Iraq or the US military.

As to your last point, the criticism, for me at least, is rooted purely in my opinion of the film as a film. It has nothing to do with the military. I can set my personal feelings aside and enjoy a good piece of fiction. This was a lazy script and I hated pretty much every part of the movie except for the first scene (which I loved). Oh...I also loved the wife, Kate Austen.

And my quote (in which I referenced Zen Master's little writeup) when people were still saying how that didn't matter (because he was a LOOSE CANNON RENEGADE BEND THE RULES KINDA GUY) and that the movie itself was well written:

Bored as gently caress posted:

That's just one example in the very first scene. Anyone with common sense that didn't stick their head in the sand, much less a person with any amount of knoweldge of military tactics, much less someone with combat experience, much less someone who is an EOD tech, could have come up with a more realistic, engaging, and not completely retarded scenario that would have created more tension than the stupid poo poo the writer came up with.

Even completely ignoring the various details it got wrong about uniforms, weapons, and tactics, it is still a horribly written movie. The very scenarios it creates to put the characters in tension are completely retarded, because no logical person would ever be in those scenarios, or do the stupid poo poo the characters do in those scenarios. "Oh let's run through a field at night with just us three guys! We'll catch those bad guys even though there's a company of troops securing the bomb area behind us - no, they couldn't spare a squad or two to help us in this completley unrealistic scenario of us chasing a bad guy in the night into a hostile city. Let's also go without night vision, our only advantage at night in unknown terrain. Let's also split up, because everyone knows that's a great idea in a potentially hostile city with an unknown number of enemy insurgents! Oh no I hear a scream, let's go get our buddy! SHOOT THE BAD GUY! YEAH! GOT HIM!"

So yeah pretty much anyone who was able to enjoy this movie must've been able to turn off all higher brain functions. The fact that it won Best Picture is the biggest crock of poo poo I saw since I saw the movie itself.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 07:02 on May 19, 2010

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Smiling Jack posted:

I always knew you Mariner were weepy motherfuckers.

I love that movie. I always figured he was former Green Beret, Ranger, or SEAL. Doubt he was Delta, though.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cyrano4747 posted:

They basically gave the A-Team the Batman Begins treatment. It's the A-Team's origin story, more or less, built up as a 2 hour long "episode."

Some great one-liners too. Really, it's everything an action movie should aspire to be. The weapons poo poo is a LITTLE cartoony in places, but even that is fairly well done and without major, glaring flaws. Nice mix of new gear too, once they get into the present day. That said, the early bit with Hannibal spray-firing an AC556 made me giggle like a school girl.

Oh yeah: Liam Neeson as Hannibal Smith =

Pretty much this.

You're right - the weapon poo poo is pretty cartoony in certain places, but the movie as a whole was enjoyable, and loving awesome when taken as a whole. One liners out the rear end, awesome story, and awesome characters - all of which had some great dialogue (particularly one of the main villains). My only gripe out of it was several of the fights (particularly the melee/hand to hand ones) had too many quick-cut edits (no, it's not anywhere near as bad as the Batman Begins quick-cuts), making it not exactly hard to follow, but less cool than, say, wide angle long shots would have been.

Still a kick-rear end movie, though.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chantilly Say posted:

He had it pointed up at himself while he was holding it between his legs to screw the suppressor on. That's why the spec-ops contractor was saying, "You handle guns like that and you're still here?"

That whole scene with him in the car with the CIA guys was hilarious.

Agreed - that entire scene was gold. I like how he was like "If you're gonna shoot me, for the love of God, let someone else shoot me."

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chantilly Say posted:

Questionable: The A-Team (new film): Liam Neeson removing the firing pin from his 1911 just before capture, stashing it up his sleeve, and then using it to pick the lock on his handcuffs. He then drops it directly back in through the back of the slide in order to render the weapon ready to fire.

Yeah I laughed my rear end off at that and my friends turned to me and were just like "That wouldn't happen ever, right?" and I just said "Yup "

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

The Zombie Survival Guide was pretty cool at first but the guns section was a piece of poo poo and so was the tactics section. The best part was the recorded attacks section.

World War Z was loving awesome except for the fact that 10 years after the apocalypse they have exploding bullets and massive ammunition output, and the military tactics part.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Correct.

Also, I'm halfway through Season 1 of Miami Vice. You faggots got me hooked - it really is an awesome show, and Don Johnson is a loving pimp.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I actually really liked Body of Lies. I thought the gun stuff was awesome, and the story was pretty awesome too, in my opinion.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Is anyone watching Boardwalk Empire? I'd think last night's episode would have been orgasmic for a lot of us here. There was a character who was a sniper in WWI. He's so severely disfigured that he wears this half-face mask attached to his glasses, complete with fake mustache. It was brutal and sad and awesome. Later he notices that another character is carrying and asks him what it is. He tells him it's a 1903 Colt. Sniper guy then rattles off the guns he owns -- a shitload of them --. He asks the guy he's with (a gangster) what he uses the 1903 for and he answers, "What do you think?" Sniper guy replies, "To kill people? It's good for that."

Yeah, Boardwalk Empire is loving awesome. Between that at 9pm, and The Walking Dead at 10pm, I've got my Sunday night routine down.

gently caress yeah, bitches.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

He probably enjoys being pegged as much as she's pegged as the Tough Girl (TM)

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I think you guys are just being a bunch of whiney cunts, to be honest.

The show's light on characterization so far, but that'll hopefully go away.

As far as the guy using the same arrows as for getting the food, as for shooting zombies, the only times he has shot zombies on screen has been well after he shot the food. He could be cleaning them, sticking the arrows in a fire for a few seconds, cleaning them with antibacterial soap, or whatever the gently caress, for all we know. But since he's shot those zombies, he hasn't ever shot any food with it yet. Bitch all you want after he shoots more food and they eat it, but right now, all that bitching is preemptive and nitpicky.

I like the show so far, even though I have to turn the gun knowledge side of my brain off during certain parts (like, in the first episode, where Rick kills 14 zombies with 14 shots (though he WAS very close to them, he was running - so it was kinda BS), or where, during the night attack on the camp during the recent episode, Shane was taking shots and killing zombies left right and center with headshots with his shotty.

The show's good so far, and I hope it stays that way.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Can't wait for the second season. Justified is a great show.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

walrusman posted:

Requisite artistic jingoism:
Remind me again what the French film industry has given the world in the last 30 years?

Just off the top of my head:

Martyrs
The Horde
Frontiers

Those were pretty good.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dead Like Me is still on instant - a loving awesome show.

They took Veronica Mars off of instant, but it's worth it - just get the DVDs. Pretty much the best acted and written TV show I've ever seen. loving awesome show.

Pushing Daisies is also an awesome show, and both of it's two seasons are on Instant. A bit similar to Dead Like Me, but more upbeat.

And if you haven't seen then, Stag Larsson's The Girl trilogy (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest), is all on instant queue, and if you don't see it, you're an rear end in a top hat. Three truly great movies.

The Battle of Algiers is also on instant queue, and is really good. It's about Algeria's struggle for independence from France in 1957, and showcases a military dealing with terrorists and insurgents in an urban setting. It's still being shown at the Army War College, from what I remember. Still relevant to this day, and it's aged surprisingly well.

Lastly, The Horde/La Horde is a French zombie movie that just came to Netflix. You have to get it on DVD (though Instant is "coming soon", whenever that'll be), but it's worth it. It's about four cops who go to a semi-abandoned building where these gangsters are held up to get revenge for a cop the gangsters killed. It goes bad for them, and then they are attacked by zombies. The two groups have to work together to survive. Gunplay is surprisingly good, except for a few instances of a machinegun never running out of ammo and a pump action shotgun having about 14 rounds in it, and a couple of pistols having about double the ammo capacity, but other than that, it's really good. Great effects, too. I'd give it about 8.5/10.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I watched the Dead Like Me movie, and while it wan't complete and utter poo poo, it was pretty drat close. The lack of Rube really sucked. The only thing I watched it for was closure, and I got it at the end, but even the ending kind of sucked.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dog Soldiers is on Sci Fi right now - loving awesome movie.

I hope I give you the shits

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Internet Wizard posted:

Just got back from watching it a bit ago. If you watched District 9 but thought it would be better without the political commentary, interesting characters, and with a lot more explosions, this might be the movie for you!

Seriously, if you watch this movie expecting anything other than Marines (and Michelle Rodriguez, who is some Air Force tech they find) shooting at faceless aliens, you'll be intensely disappointed.

More relevant to the thread, was there a sale on Acogs or something? Because every single rifle in that movie had one. Every. Single. Gun. Even the SAWs, although I didn't actually spot one mounted on a SAW, the once or twice they showed what the guy holding the SAW was looking at through his sights, it was an Acog picture.

Edit: Actually, I'd say a better comparison would be Skyline. If you watched Skyline and wanted things to ACTUALLY HAPPEN, then this is the right movie. There was a really good amount of action running throughout the entire movie. There just was absolutely nothing else.

Agreed.

The action was great. Costumes, way they acted (most of the time) was great.

The dialogue got cheesier than a three cheese quesadilla at a lot of points. Also, during some slow moments, I thought they should, you know, hurry the gently caress up as there's aliens about - instead of having some of those cheesy as gently caress scenes. Aaron Eckhart was great, especially with the cheesy poo poo he was given. Some of the scenes could've been made different/cooler, but the action was still enjoyable. A few of the characters were pretty contrite and cliche, such as the Lt. being the cliched indecisive, relatively incompetent fool (major character spoiler) who redeems himself at the end, sort of like Lt. Gorman in Aliens. Actually, exactly like Lt. Gorman in Aliens, except it'd have been better if he and Michelle Rodriguez both died with aliens closing in on them

The only big gun related thing is that I didn't think they used their 203s enough. Also (and this is a minor spoiler) an Air Force tech Sergeant knowing how to even arm, much less pick up and aim, and lead an alien spaceship enough to get it out of the air was pretty lol. There's also a continuity/editing error at the end battle with a Beretta M9 - see if you can spot it.

For what it was, it was enjoyable. Just gotta deal with the cheesy poo poo.

All in all I'd give it a 6.5-7 out of 10.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Mar 11, 2011

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

QuarkMartial posted:

What was it? I saw it at a drive-in (was going for that whole '1950s alien movies in a drive-in feel') and probably missed it.

Also, I don't think this is a spoiler, but why were their rifles all like 20" long? I thought the military used 14.5" rifles.

Oh, one other neat thing. Lots of the hovering/craft technology seemed to be based off of this, which I thought was cool.

In the end battle, right where they are fighting off the Collector bad guy reinforcements, as you see the Marines move towards the right, and the camera pans right with them, you see Aaron Eckhart shoot his M9 in one quick shot, and then in the next shot, you see someone shooting their M16, and then less than a second later you see him pull out his M9 from his holster and begin shooting it. Just a quick little continuity/editing error, nothing huge.

Speaking of which, did anyone else feel like those bad guys looked similar to, and talked almost exactly like the Collectors from Mass Effect 2?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Justified this week owned pretty hard. I dunno how long Raylan can go without shootin' anybody though.

Goddamn Boyd is awesome. What a great character.

The "chase" scene at the end of the episode had me rolling on the floor, hahaha.

Such a great show, and the season is really shaping up to be a great one.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shedman posted:

I wish Justified would use some of the Deadwood alumni for more than one episode.

Yeah, that'd be nice. But at least they're throwing some of them the bone like the manager at the mine being that big mustachioed dude (Hostetler or whatever).

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I don't know about Snyder being a one trick pony. I loved the Dawn of the Dead remake, and thought he did Watchmen pretty well, too. 300 was pretty bad to "okay" in my book, depending on how inebriated I am.

I'm probably going to get around to seeing Sucker Punch in the theaters just because.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

After the cruise missile impacts and there's an A10 strafe, you can turn off Salvation.

Mothefucking truth right here.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Inspector_71 posted:

I don't understand how anybody watches those terrible low-budget BBC serials that look like cable access bullshit.

Yes that means Doctor Who too.

I think I watched Red Dwarf for all of about 2 minutes before I turned it off.

As for Dr. Who, apparently they have a total of three different prop guns in all of the BBC studios

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jefferoo posted:

Someone talking poo poo about original BBC programming?

I humbly submit Luther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEwrOnrlERY

Alice Morgan > Alison Brie, anyday. She does some amazing things with guns.

gently caress the British and their usage of the word "series" instead of "season."

It's just loving weird. What do they even call a show's real deal finale? Normal people call it the series finale - what do those weird fucks across the pond call it?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Community loving rules.

So does Happy Endings, which is hilarious as well.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mad Dragon posted:

hahahahahaha gently caress yes

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I think he was being sarcastic/joking.

If not he's a loving hooplehead.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jefferoo posted:

Dating the daughter of the writer of one of his movies.

I was in an intro to screenwriting class back sometime in 02-03, and one of my professor's friends was John Westermann, the author of the book Exit Wounds. Yes, the book that was turned into the movie of the same name, with Steven Seagal, and DMX, Michael Jai White, and Anthony Anderson. My professor got Westermann to visit us to talk about the movie business, turning books into movies, etc - he was pretty cool - basically, they bought the rights to his book, originally kept a lot of the stuff accurate to the book, but in the end hosed with it to where it was a shadow of its former self. He made peace with it, realized there was nothing to do about it, and just enjoyed his fat check. Not much else he COULD do - he could either get pissed off, enraged, and be able to do nothing about it, or enjoy a fat check that he didn't have before, and not take things personally. He had a really good attitude about it.

They cordially invited him on set for a few days and let him watch his book get butchered. He brought along his young 10-13 year old son (I don't remember the age TBH). Westermann said that Seagal was a pompous prick, and wasn't even nice to his son, and pretty much brushed him off, even though the kid was a pretty big fan. He also said that DMX was one of the coolest, nicest people you'd ever meet, and even showed his son around set, hung out with them for a little bit between scenes.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jul 3, 2011

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I must see that movie.

Also, I just found some loving hilarious poo poo - Cross-Over Blogs. Basically, they take quotes from one thing, and put it in another.

Archer and Game of Thrones: http://asongofisisandfire.tumblr.com/

The Wire and Game of Thrones: http://asongoficeandwire.tumblr.com/

Arrested Development and Game of Thrones: http://arrestedwesteros.com/

Futurama and Game of Thrones: http://westerama.tumblr.com/

Here's some samples - see if you can find out which one's which:

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

You really kind of have to watch both Game of Thrones and the other TV show to get it.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Seriously, GoT is awesome - it's slow as all gently caress for the first couple episodes, but that's needed for the exposition. It's not for the casual viewer - some outside reading of HBO's website is needed for people like my mom who didn't really remember a lot of the character's names or places, but if you pay attention and are able to follow it, it pays off big time.

Plus, it's got more tits than Deadwood, so that doesn't hurt.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Not Nipsy Russell posted:

The whole show is exposition. Usually with titties. Seriously, they've used the "monologue with whore" thing way too much.

I... can't disagree with that.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Wildey posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFqIvhhWBMA
Anyone want to start taking bets on how good/bad the gun handling will be in this movie?

Eh, it might not be that bad. Looks like a good movie to Netflix, at least.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Capn Beeb posted:

I'm way behind, but I love the fact that history teacher dude was able to take an alien out with a sawed off double barrel

E:

I need to catch up, I wanna see what nonsense bullet Token Rebel Biker Looking Dude whips up for his SAA to punch through alien armor.

Rebel Biker Chef Dude is the best character in the show.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

That actually looks kinda cool.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

hahaha awesome

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

Yeah, looks pretty good.

I still have hard feelings about that loving movie, though, because when I first saw it on IMDB I almost jizzed my pants thinking they made a movie about the Intelligence Support Activity, based off the book Killer Elite.

http://www.amazon.com/Killer-Elite-Americas-Special-Operations/dp/0312362722

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

I'm sorry, but that should be required for every loving movie that he's in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006

Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

I almost never go to theatres anymore but I am seriously tempted to go this weekend to see "Drive", it looks badass.

Also finished series 1 of Luther, . Gonna have to find the 2nd series now ASAP!

Season. Second season.

Seriously, gently caress the Brits and their confusion of season with series. Limey bastards.